Coverage and setup

upschuck

You are automatically signed up when you reached your HC milestone. You will get a packet in the mail, if not, call the HC provider.

TheMasochist

200 lbs? No problem - it's only my back
What exactly is the HC milestone? I was hired in the hub in March and began driving in August. Does the time worked before driving count?

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
What exactly is the HC milestone? I was hired in the hub in March and began driving in August. Does the time worked before driving count?
Are you part-time or full-time? What contract supplement are you under? Without that information, you're going to get several different answers.

TheMasochist

I have several different answers to that question. Some say I made book and have seniority - some say I haven't. As for the contract I am not sure. I really should get a copy and read it but I think I'm under the newer contract. I started as an OTS hire driving during peak last year and I was let go on Christmas Day. It was March when I started as a Teamster!

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
I have several different answers to that question. Some say I made book and have seniority - some say I haven't. As for the contract I am not sure. I really should get a copy and read it but I think I'm under the newer contract. I started as an OTS hire driving during peak last year and I was let go on Christmas Day. It was March when I started as a Teamster!
Yes! Get a copy of your contract! Until you can tell us which contract/regional supplement/local rider, you will keep getting many different answers. What are you going to do, pick the most common answer? Pick the answer you like best?

Alternatively, have you logged into the company's website for employees? It is set up to only give you access to information applicable to you, although it used to be difficult to search/navigate (maybe it's been improved since I last went there).

upschuck

And you made driver in less than 9 months? That is awesome. Another thing, this isn't a seasonal driving position, or PT driving position, is it?

BY HC milestone, I meant when you become eligible to receive HC.

Most places:
PT: after a year
FT: shortly after you made book, qualify, or whatever you call it.

TheMasochist

Ok so my milestone was/is a year. I received my first welcome packet and member ID cards last Wednesday. Today I received the second card which was my carrier card. I thought the member card was all I needed and my insurance was active and so I went to the Doc last Sunday. I called Teamcare and it turns out my insurance doesn't being until the 8 week period .....March 27th!!! (Smack face with palm here)