Coworker harassing supervisor

H

htown0721

So I have a sup who is actually pretty cool, for the most part he leaves us alone and lets us have fun while we work. However, I have a coworker who whenever asked to do something goes off on the supervisor and literally gets face to face swearing in his face. Now the supervisor mostly stays calm but the employee goes crazy. The employee even pulled out his phone and started recording the supervisor having a hand on his box. Anyone else have a pretty decent supervisor who may turn into an ********* because of one or two employees?

over9five

Staff member
If the sup is smart, he is building a case against the deranged employee. Soon the deranged employee will be GONE.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I have one like that. Its a newer sup to my center, and the sup is a good guy, won't screw you over if you don't try to screw him over. Yet we've got a few drivers who are ALWAYS arguing with him over the littlest stuff and making a federal case out of everything

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I treat all management the same that way they all know what to expect. I don't make exceptions for their attitude or how they want to be buddies or hate everyone. I'm here to work, not to worry about managements feelings or care about them. They treat me and others like numbers, I treat them the same.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
if his supe was smart, that employee would have had a few talks with HR and district security by now, and would be one mistake away from the door

Buck Fifty

Turn about is fair play, yet there is other ways to properly harass a sup. Its like everything UPS (a game). He better start playing better or he wont last.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
So I have a sup who is actually pretty cool, for the most part he leaves us alone and lets us have fun while we work. However, I have a coworker who whenever asked to do something goes off on the supervisor and literally gets face to face swearing in his face. Now the supervisor mostly stays calm but the employee goes crazy. The employee even pulled out his phone and started recording the supervisor having a hand on his box. Anyone else have a pretty decent supervisor who may turn into an ********* because of one or two employees?

Its one thing to confront management in an assertive and direct manner....but its another thing entirely to get right up in their grill and cuss at them. That sort of behavior is never appropriate and it seldom if ever leads to a positive outcome.

btrlov

the supervisor should be experienced enough to handle difficult employees. Difficult employees make your job harder, but they also teach you not to touch boxes ultimately making you a better sup in the end.