Cracked Window

BrownDog5117

I'll make this short and sweet.

I volunteered to drive Saturday air and there was no work for me, so the supervisor had me throw on a yellow vest and back the package cars onto one of the belts.

Of course, on my last truck, I nick the window of the other package car, cracking it, and start freaking. I call him out and tell him, and ask him, "What does this mean?!!!".

He replies, "It means we call the glass company and they come fix it. Just straighten it out."

Should I be worried or is it fine?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Sounds like it til a ft mgr sees it. It all depends on the flavor of the month. But you reported it, so the worst that can happen is being drilled on your dok, and an all day ride. Because of course it has nothing to do with them being parked tighter than 2 coats of paint, or windows so dirty they might as well not be there.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Ahh side window. Ok. I've had a long morning already. Was like how in the hell does one hit only the windshield. Lol

This stuff happens a lot with spotters. No biggie.

DOK

You're in the clear, you really think they wanna do a power point presentation on a cracked window in the building?

F

FrigidAdCorrector

I wouldn't worry about it. Since I've been at UPS I've seen two broken overhead doors, 3 broken mirrors, and a dented rearview camera. A couple of those by the same person. Unless you absolutely destroyed a vehicle they won't do anything. You'll get a talking to by your FT and probably DOKed, but you won't get anything more than that. As long as you reported it immediately, no harm, no foul.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Over the years have gotten 2 warning letters for breaking $10 mirror glass on tree branches.

I also put a tree limb through the fiberglass roof of the package compartment one time and ripped it open like a can opener. I think they paid about $2500 to have the roof completely redone. No warning letter and they never even said a word to me about it.

I long ago gave up hope of making sense of any of it.

BrownChoice

I think any supervisor or manager for that matter does NOT want to be on a report for their center havin an accident.

No You didnt do it , maybe a carwasher or parker did it. NOT YOU though.......

M

Mike hunt

I'll make this short and sweet.

I volunteered to drive Saturday air and there was no work for me, so the supervisor had me throw on a yellow vest and back the package cars onto one of the belts.

Of course, on my last truck, I nick the window of the other package car, cracking it, and start freaking. I call him out and tell him, and ask him, "What does this mean?!!!".

He replies, "It means we call the glass company and they come fix it. Just straighten it out."

Should I be worried or is it fine?
They probably don't want to get charged with anything right now. Plus it's on property.

JackStraw

No manager is going to risk a "Grand Slam" over something like this. Even the most paranoid, ticky-tack anal one. Like Upstate said, enjoy the weekend.