craziest thing related to your handtruck or diad.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Anyone have any funny, freaky, stories on your daily travels related to your handtruck or diad. Anyone oner leave a handtruck or diad on the bumper then take off????

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I had a bunch of heavy packages on my handtruck once, I was wheeling it between two cars in a parking lot. I slipped on some ice and my handtruck hit the door of a brand new Volvo and put an 8" scratch in it.:sad-very: I had to go find the owner and 'fess up to mangling his $30,000 car that he had bought two days earlier.

rod

Retired 22 years
We had a driver throw his handtruck under the duals of his 800 when he got stuck. center manager didn't think it was funny:peaceful:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Left the DIAD on the bumper. A Trucker found it and had it for me when I went back to look. I would like to put DIAD 4 under the tire and do a brake stand on it.

over9five

Staff member
Had 3 very small, but very heavy boxes of bolts going to a stop. Stacked them on my DIAD 2 and lifted the whole pile with my hands on the DIAD and the packages leaning against my chest. As I'm walking I can feel the DIAD kinda flexing.....

SNAP! The screen broke nasty. Couldn't see a thing on it. I used it the rest of the day, funny how you can remember what buttons to push even tho you can't see what you're doing!

Dutch Dawg

Mine came up missing once while on vacation. A couple of weeks later while delivering to a marina on route, I spy them toting crated motors with it. When recovered...they thought it funny the sub had forgotton it there, I didn't.....

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
I bent down to put a 65 lb box of machinery on the handtruck, since the lip was not flush on the ground , when I dropped the box down the handtruck whacked me right on the bridge of my nose. It felt like in the cartoons where there are birds sounds and stars going around your head. I had to take a 5 and get by bearings back together.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
About two years after I started driving, I crushed my right thumb with my hand truck. I was in a 24' van backed up to a dock and had about 300 lbs. of hydraulic cylinders loaded on it. I was pulling the hand truck over the dock board walking backwards, and I tripped. My could see the bone and I left my complete thumbnail in back of the van. My customer drove me to the hospital. I was on workman's comp for eight weeks, I remember I closed on my house with my thumb still bandaged up.

Once I had this dog come after me, so I shoved my DIAD down his throat when he tried to bite me. He broke the display screen and the scanner on the back with his fangs. I figured the DIAD would be a lot less painful to fix than my hand. My OCS just laughed about it.

browniehound

Had my hand-truck seat-belted in to the jump seat because it would fit in the cargo area. As soon as I got off the highway(luckily), it fell out.

The funny thing was, it was still tied to the seatbelt and actually rolled quite nicely next the the package car. It was in sync and rolling right along, as opposed to faling out and getting run over a few times, LOL!

Chnandler Bong

I was running a route once where it was a good 50 miles to the first stop, but you were responsible for running some air on the way. I stopped at a hardware store for an air about halfway to my route, set my board on top of the soda machine to get a drink, then realized it was still there after I got to my next stop about 15 miles away. I went back and retrieved it and still ran less miles than the bid driver ever did. I always thought he was kinda shady, but he made it to retirement before GPS.

I lost a handtruck full of air once (forgot what floor I left it on) Found It at about 11:00. Then at about 2:00 I found a full handtruck from the driver the day before.