Craziest things you were yelled at for

kingOFchester

I'm a helper, but I've been yelled at or received colorful expressions from consignees.

Friday, I went to this house. They had two packages that sender required signature for. One was NI1, other was NI2. I checked off option B, circled "sender required signature", crossed out the back of the InfoNotice with a sharpie.

Monday, she just left a handwritten note attached to the InfoNotice. This time, NI2 and NI3. I leave a note the same way.

Tuesday, I go back with one package and she's there and I got yelled at for "not following her directions" and not leaving her packages on Monday. I explained I'm not supposed to. She then asked where the other package went and when I told her Monday was the last attempt and that it was RTS, I got b'#%@'d out even more :( I went to the truck to get the driver... they argued more.

Then there was that time driver dropped me off to do one of those Apple NO DR/SDN ok thing while he went to take care of other things at the end of cul-de-sac. Since the driver wasn't back, I just chilled on the porch for like two minutes and consignee came out. Signed for and all good. When this guy had a signature required package next time, driver was waiting in the truck and I waited 20 seconds. Left a note. Well, the next day, I attempt again. Guy came out, complained I left too early and didn't wait two minutes like the last time I was there.

one thing I learned as a helper... I probably should be nicer to the driver that delivers to my house.

I am amazed at all you know for just being a helper. You talk as though you were/are a driver.

UPSGUY72

When customers start yelling. I calmly reach for a info notice rip one off and tell the person if they have problem they need to call the 1-800 number for assistant. Then I walk back to the truck and call the center to give them a heads up on the situation.

If a customer is mad not yelling and wants to know why something has happen I explain what possible happen or what did happen.

AssistantSanta

I am amazed at all you know for just being a helper. You talk as though you were/are a driver.
I've never driven the truck. If I was the driver, I would know how to deal with upset consignees. Since I'm a helper, I do the task as instructed. Take breaks when the driver says to, and go to the driver when I run into a problem.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I've never driven the truck. If I was the driver, I would know how to deal with upset consignees. Since I'm a helper, I do the task as instructed. Take breaks when the driver says to, and go to the driver when I run into a problem.

No you would not know how to deal with upset consigness. Any better as a driver, we have just done it more. I had some nasty butt house last night, and the helper and I went together. Late, dark, nasty house. big dog out back. Nasty stinky man, yelled at me as I said on my note I would be there by 10:30 for a call tag, not.
And he had been waiting alllllll (friend'ing) dayyyyy for me. , The pkg smelled like cat urine, had to bag it. The helper said, i dont think I could do this full time, I dont like people that much. I said I dont either. Hes old, hes sick, he lives in this nasty area, its dark hes scared, say a prayer.

Not IN Trace

I was once written up by the center manager for listening and following the instructions of the on road manager..said I should have know better then to listen too him......WTF???..true story

DS

Fenderbender
No you would not know how to deal with upset consigness. Any better as a driver, we have just done it more. I had some nasty butt house last night, and the helper and I went together. Late, dark, nasty house. big dog out back. Nasty stinky man, yelled at me as I said on my note I would be there by 10:30 for a call tag, not.
And he had been waiting alllllll (friend'ing) dayyyyy for me. , The pkg smelled like cat urine, had to bag it. The helper said, i dont think I could do this full time, I dont like people that much. I said I dont either. Hes old, hes sick, he lives in this nasty area, its dark hes scared, say a prayer.
Tooner get outa there,Get a counrty run.
The Pretenders - My City Was Gone (Remastered) - YouTube

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Country runs are no more, they all have cities on them, then in the snow belt at night, Not me either. Id rather be in the hood where I can run somewhere.

kingOFchester

I was once written up by the center manager for listening and following the instructions of the on road manager..said I should have know better then to listen too him......WTF???..true story

This is more believable then Santa.....Including our very own "santa" the helper.

If you look at the way Tieguy use to post, there are similarities in the post structure between him and our santa.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Is that the neighborhood that's built near or on the superfund site? I grew up fairly close to this area. On a hot summer day you could smell it a mile away.
The smell got worse the last 2 yrs or so because the cave family (farm owners ) added in illegal building and were buning carcasus and feeding fish to the pigs !! I live in this neighborhood for 16 yrs and was never this bad..farmers do have their rights,within the law...