Crazy things they've made us do..

Today I shuttled out to an early AM driver. As I was loading his pkgs my supervisor told me to deliver my first stop and help him w his air bc he was heavy. Met him on his route and transfered pkgs and took two air stops off him. Drove 5 miles to my first stop, meanwhile driving right by my two air stops, literally honked to a man I had a signature required for, then drove five miles back, ran those two stop and drove five miles to my second stop.

Indeed. I don't mind ORION tbh. It helps in the country as long as it is configured correctly. Also being able to see your route on TV screens in the morning and print maps off with your stops makes it easier to run in the blind.

nayrsiem

Indeed. I don't mind ORION tbh. It helps in the country as long as it is configured correctly. Also being able to see your route on TV screens in the morning and print maps off with your stops makes it easier to run in the blind.

That's what they are going for. Who needs area knowledge right? Just hire them off the street and put their butts in a seat.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Today I shuttled out to an early AM driver. As I was loading his pkgs my supervisor told me to deliver my first stop and help him w his air bc he was heavy. Met him on his route and transfered pkgs and took two air stops off him. Drove 5 miles to my first stop, meanwhile driving right by my two air stops, literally honked to a man I had a signature required for, then drove five miles back, ran those two stop and drove five miles to my second stop.

There is no way Orion could have accounted for those two air stops and rather than use common sense you chose to drive by those stops rather than deliver them.

You made a poor decision.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
After you're on the clock of course.

130.gif

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
There is no way Orion could have accounted for those two air stops and rather than use common sense you chose to drive by those stops rather than deliver them.

You made a poor decision.
You are wrong. You absolutely Positively have to do the first stop in Orion, hell or highwater.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You are wrong. You absolutely Positively have to do the first stop in Orion, hell or highwater.

The two air stops were not taken in to account before he left the building----had they been I would have to think (hope) that Orion would have had him do those air stops first. Either way, you don't drive by 2 air stops regardless of whether you are RDO or ODO.

Common sense has to prevail and making an unnecessary 10 mile round trip just to prove a point was a very poor decision on his part.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
The two air stops were not taken in to account before he left the building----had they been I would have to think (hope) that Orion would have had him do those air stops first. Either way, you don't drive by 2 air stops regardless of whether you are RDO or ODO.

Common sense has to prevail and making an unnecessary 10 mile round trip just to prove a point was a very poor decision on his part.
I learned long ago when dealing with UPS, common sense and working as directed often are at odds.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I learned long ago when dealing with UPS, common sense and working as directed often are at odds.

Not buying it.

The air swap was made at the last minute and, much like when they shuttle our air out to us, we need to make smart choices when trying to blend that work in to our day.

The OP most definitely should have delivered those two air stops rather than make a 10 mile round trip for no reason other than to make a point.

The OP made a poor decision.

tracker2762

We were told that the only stop that matters with orion is the first stop. The op was only doing what he was told. The sup knew he was taking air off this am driver and should have known these may be his first stops and told him that this was an exception. We don't make these calls any more. You'll find out once your on orion

ViewAskew

The first stop directive has been the flavor of the month here. I agree with Upstate on this, I'd rather explain making service on air and saving miles rather than hitting an asinine metric.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We were told that the only stop that matters with orion is the first stop. The op was only doing what he was told. The sup knew he was taking air off this am driver and should have known these may be his first stops and told him that this was an exception. We don't make these calls any more. You'll find out once your on orion

As I said, had the stops been in EDD I would agree with his decision, but they were not and the OP most definitely should have delivered those on the way to his first stop. The sup told him to meet the driver on road and help him with his air------how would the sup have know how many stops and where they were before the meet was made?

Are you telling me that his mgt team would have told him to drive by those two air stops just to do what Orion told him to do? I highly doubt it.

What would Sober have done? He would have delivered the air stops and then started his run, which would have been the right thing to do.

The OP made a poor decision just to make a point.