Creative ways managers avoid missed packages.

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by waterpopp1, Sep 29, 2016.

1. waterpopp1

waterpopp1 New Member

I called in a few missed packages the other day. After about an hour I was told to future the packages for the next day. I guess they are calling them and asking is it ok if we get that to you tomorrow. Has anyone else been asked to do this? Or anything like this?

2. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

I have never been asked to do this,but OMS has told me he will future a missed after calling the customer.

3. NotClearing

NotClearing New Member

I've been told to put them in as no such before. Ups likes hiding figures from itself

4. Northbaypkg

Northbaypkg 20 NDA stops daily

Yeah, they do all kinds of BS. And no, they don't call the customer to see if it's ok. It's all to make their numbers look good so they don't get reamed by some higher up. I remember we would consistently be told to sheet up a commercial as NI1 until this new thing with the DIAD recognizing commercial stops came about. Now it's sheet it up as future or NSN. Or sometimes I get a call from an OMS asking me what time a business closes on my route. If it's before 5 they'll have the driver who has the misroute sheet it up closed after they close. I find it funny since they have all these DIAD trainings talking about customer visibility and sheeting everything with honesty and integrity. Meanwhile our management seems to do the exact opposite of all of that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  5. rod

rod retired and happy

Seriously? You believe they actually called the customer? I've got a bridge I can sell you.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Orion inc.

Orion inc. I like turtles

Good way to get fired too for dishonesty.

They certainly won't take the fall for it

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

Customers do get called

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. I've seen some real dirty stuff happen with " creative not missed". Just don't ask me to be a part of it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. KOG72

KOG72 Well-Known Member

I hate when you're missing a pkg and it never comes out of your board.Then the next day it's not in your board but bam there it is on the shelf.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. Northbaypkg

Northbaypkg 20 NDA stops daily

I remember for a 2 week stretch last year this happened every single day, with multiple packages that weren't on my car. My guess is they were putting it as delivered, much like the complaints against Amazon delivery now.

11. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

They are not calling anybody. You were asked to future those packages so that they would not show up as missed.

12. onewithedd

onewithedd Member

And what they call the customer and ask if we can bring that tomorrow and the customer says no I need it today, then what? If it's 40 miles out of the way? Huh huh Huh? If you want it come get it? LOL. I love how honest UPS claims to be publicly, but we, as hourly's all know the TRUTH.

13. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

It's dishonest. Simply refuse to do it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

You are not allowed to future packages for one day. Futures are for packages that can not be delivered in the 3 attempt window.

This drives me f'in batty. The reason this happens the most in our center is that drivers are afraid to send in misloads in fear of having to run them. So in the mean time I'm looking for 5 minutes for a package in my car that isn't even there.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. dookie stain

dookie stain Well-Known Member

Had a misload business saver...sent it in at 1 after lunch...around 255 my sup calls me and says yea bro hurry and sheet that misload at closed they closed at 2 today...HELL no they didn't close at 2

16. Faceplanted

Faceplanted Well-Known Member

Never sheer a package if you are not at the actual location.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  17. Missed is missed, no need to be on location to sheet it as such.

DIAD training says it's on the driver to sheet everything honestly no matter what.

Terminated for dishonesty....

I'd take the warning letter or whatever discipline level you are on for work as directed. Easily grieved or protested.

18. Faceplanted

Faceplanted Well-Known Member

I'm talking about future/n1 etc

19. tacken

tacken Active Member

They lie!!!!

20. Dr.Brownz

Dr.Brownz Well-Known Member

LOL at first they did the future with no permission but now they think if they call the customer and say it will be there tomorrow that it is ok for service to just future it! ANYTHING TO MAKE THOSE REPORTS LOOK GOOD!