Creative ways managers avoid missed packages.

waterpopp1

I called in a few missed packages the other day. After about an hour I was told to future the packages for the next day. I guess they are calling them and asking is it ok if we get that to you tomorrow. Has anyone else been asked to do this? Or anything like this?

PT Car Washer

I called in a few missed packages the other day. After about an hour I was told to future the packages for the next day. I guess they are calling them and asking is it ok if we get that to you tomorrow. Has anyone else been asked to do this? Or anything like this?
I have never been asked to do this,but OMS has told me he will future a missed after calling the customer.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
Yeah, they do all kinds of BS. And no, they don't call the customer to see if it's ok. It's all to make their numbers look good so they don't get reamed by some higher up. I remember we would consistently be told to sheet up a commercial as NI1 until this new thing with the DIAD recognizing commercial stops came about. Now it's sheet it up as future or NSN. Or sometimes I get a call from an OMS asking me what time a business closes on my route. If it's before 5 they'll have the driver who has the misroute sheet it up closed after they close. I find it funny since they have all these DIAD trainings talking about customer visibility and sheeting everything with honesty and integrity. Meanwhile our management seems to do the exact opposite of all of that.

rod

Retired 22 years

Seriously? You believe they actually called the customer? I've got a bridge I can sell you.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Yeah, they do all kinds of BS. And no, they don't call the customer to see if it's ok. It's all to make their numbers look good so they don't get reamed by some higher up. I remember we would consistently be told to sheet up a commercial as NI1 until this new thing with the DIAD recognizing commercial stops came about. Now it's sheet it up as future or NSN. Or sometimes I get a call from an OMS asking me what time a business closes on my route. If it's before 5 they'll have the driver who has the misroute sheet it up closed after they close. I find it funny since they have all these DIAD trainings talking about customer visibility and sheeting everything with honesty and integrity. Meanwhile our management seems to do the exact opposite of all of that.

Seriously? You believe they actually called the customer? I've got a bridge I can sell you.
Customers do get called

KOG72

I’m full of it
I hate when you're missing a pkg and it never comes out of your board.Then the next day it's not in your board but bam there it is on the shelf.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
I hate when you're missing a pkg and it never comes out of your board.Then the next day it's not in your board but bam there it is on the shelf.
I remember for a 2 week stretch last year this happened every single day, with multiple packages that weren't on my car. My guess is they were putting it as delivered, much like the complaints against Amazon delivery now.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They are not calling anybody. You were asked to future those packages so that they would not show up as missed.

onewithedd

And what they call the customer and ask if we can bring that tomorrow and the customer says no I need it today, then what? If it's 40 miles out of the way? Huh huh Huh? If you want it come get it? LOL. I love how honest UPS claims to be publicly, but we, as hourly's all know the TRUTH.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It's dishonest. Simply refuse to do it.

Cementups

Box Monkey
You are not allowed to future packages for one day. Futures are for packages that can not be delivered in the 3 attempt window.

This drives me friend'in batty. The reason this happens the most in our center is that drivers are afraid to send in misloads in fear of having to run them. So in the mean time I'm looking for 5 minutes for a package in my car that isn't even there.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Had a misload business saver...sent it in at 1 after lunch...around 255 my sup calls me and says yea bro hurry and sheet that misload at closed they closed at 2 today...HELL no they didn't close at 2

Dr.Brownz

I have never been asked to do this,but OMS has told me he will future a missed after calling the customer.

LOL at first they did the future with no permission but now they think if they call the customer and say it will be there tomorrow that it is ok for service to just future it! ANYTHING TO MAKE THOSE REPORTS LOOK GOOD!