Creepy

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Sooo, my creepometer is maxed. Today I delivered a few heavy boxes to a funeral home and as I was leaving the guy said,"Oh, by the way, you just delivered the remains of 5 dead people." Bleh

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Total BS. I once had one that tried the same line on me, but it was a smallish box they claimed was a child in a coffin.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
He had a straight face and has never been one to joke with me so I think he was probably serious. I'm assuming he meant it was sealed urns with ashes inside being shipped back from a crematorium but very creepy.

BrownArmy

There's a cemetery near our center, once a month there's an on-call pickup at the crematorium...

It's all the metal parts from cremated people (hip replacements, etc).

Box is heavy as heck and has bio-warnings on it.

Ever deliver those sig-required packages from the pet-crematorium?

Not creepy, just makes me sad.

It's illegal to ship human remains unless they are creamated. If he is doing it turn him in. Tell LP if yiu think he is doing is. My bet is its cremated people.

stoni24

I once had a damaged box full of urns in the DMP. They were new but still urns. If I ever get a used one I'm through responding!

barnyard

KTM rider
When I 1st started driving, I had a delivery for a funeral home. 3 or 4 pieces, 1 of them opened up as I was setting them all down, it was a babies' burial gown. I choked up and could not say anything for a while.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
There's a cemetery near our center, once a month there's an on-call pickup at the crematorium...

It's all the metal parts from cremated people (hip replacements, etc).

Box is heavy as heck and has bio-warnings on it.

Ever deliver those sig-required packages from the pet-crematorium?

Not creepy, just makes me sad.
FH on my route has an incinerator, so I make that same pick up every month.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
It's illegal to ship human remains unless they are creamated. If he is doing it turn him in. Tell LP if yiu think he is doing is. My bet is its cremated people.
I thought it was also illegal. I thought you could not ship anything that cannot be replaced? I pnce had a delivery to a cemetary, no grounds person there. It ended up melting, and it was the remains of a 2 yr old, parents paid to have the baby moved to where they now lived by ambulance? Dug up, and to be reburied....... I dont know, but they used UPS instead 2da, and I didnt sleep for weeks.

QKRSTKR

I use to have a crematory and funeral home on my old route. The smell at the crematory was not pleasant. Especially when someone just went in. Go in the big door, come out the little door. Amazing what doesn't get burned. Lot of bones left, especially hip bones. Yuck. Guys there were always cool though.

Funeral home you always see the occasional dead body.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

Not quite true. There is a guy on my route who trains "cadaver dogs" that search for dead people in collapsed buildings, avalanches and other disasters. He has a special license to possess human remains, which he needs to train his dogs with. Kind of morbid and bizarre, but necessary. I have delivered human fingers and toes to him, they were packed in dry ice and he stores them in a locked freezer.

Not quite true. There is a guy on my route who trains "cadaver dogs" that search for dead people in collapsed buildings, avalanches and other disasters. He has a special license to possess human remains, which he needs to train his dogs with. Kind of morbid and bizarre, but necessary. I have delivered human fingers and toes to him, they were packed in dry ice and he stores them in a locked freezer.
Maybe I'm wrong but I know one thing I'm not wrong about. That's gross

moreluck

golden ticket member
I'm amazed by cadaver dogs in boats that find bodies in the water. I guess we continue to release bodily gasses after death and it rises to the top of the lake and they can smell it.

Returntosender

Once in while at parties people ask, when they ship boxes through UPS they mark the package fragile. Then claim it still gets damage. I tell them either it got crushed between packages or someone threw the package. I tell them next time you ship something fragile. Don't write fragile. Write handle with dignity human remains from what I see those are packages are treated the ups methods way.

oldngray

nowhere special
Hospitals can get human body parts but they will be labeled biohazard. And I have seen dog heads they send to Dept of Agriculture for rabies tests. ( they just test the brain so don't need the whole dog. Sadly its not good for Rover).

S

serenity now

we have the state's largest Veterinary Diagnostic Lab close by * you do not want one of those coolers to break open on the belt * also a swell place to deliver * pulled around back one day years ago and they had an entire bloated cow hanging from the overhead track hoist; no lunch that day
spew-md.png
spew-md.png

Last edited by a moderator:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Had a delivery for a funeral home. No answer at the front. Walked in side door. Dead guy laying on table. Nice.

I have a funeral home on my route. I have known the family for years as their son, who is in the process of taking over the family business, and my son were good friends growing up. We have a deal worked out for deliveries which works out well for all involved. They also take care of me at Christmas.