Creflo Dollar Will Get His $65M Gulfstream

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
According to the Huffington Post, Creflo will be actually acquiring this jet so he can pursue his international ministry more effectively. No longer just talk...he's getting the plane. I find this very disturbing, as well as the whole concept of "Prosperity Christianity". Although I'm not a Christian, I respect their beliefs and think that this fool (Dollar) taints everything he touches.

It would be poetic justice if God makes bad things happen to Creflo, who is nothing but a shyster and a thief. He deserves to be in prison.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
According to the Huffington Post, Creflo will be actually acquiring this jet so he can pursue his international ministry more effectively. No longer just talk...he's getting the plane. I find this very disturbing, as well as the whole concept of "Prosperity Christianity". Although I'm not a Christian, I respect their beliefs and think that this fool (Dollar) taints everything he touches.

It would be poetic justice if God makes bad things happen to Creflo, who is nothing but a shyster and a thief. He deserves to be in prison.

Ya, but stupid runs deep within the christian community. They will give him dollars believing somehow, the space god will bring them to the space center.

TOS.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

How does retired feeder call the first post in a thread derailed?

rod

Retired 22 years
Creflo Dollar is no different than most any other organized Christian church. They are all about the almighty $$ in the long run. If people are stupid enough to throw money at him -- why not travel in comfort. Its all about buying your way into Heaven.

upschuck

Creflo Dollar is no different than most any other organized Christian church. They are all about the almighty $$ in the long run. If people are stupid enough to throw money at him -- why not travel in comfort. Its all about buying your way into Heaven.
I don't know this guy from Adam, but to lump all churches in with him is not fair.

A friend in college had a class, in which they mailed letters to a bunch of TV evangelists, and only one, Billy Graham, did not ask for money in return.

wkmac

I don't know this guy from Adam, but to lump all churches in with him is not fair.

A friend in college had a class, in which they mailed letters to a bunch of TV evangelists, and only one, Billy Graham, did not ask for money in return.

Seems to me on a certain level your first point is contradicted by your second.

At the end of the day, churches are a business and in this era where the growing trend is toward mega churches, even more so.

wkmac

If not, they wouldn't be TV evangelists. Don't understand your question.

Just pointing out they were and are preachers in a church first and from that they broadcast their sermons in order to attract more financial support. Creflo Dollar has his own church where he began as do the vast majority of TV evangelists. Dollar's program is from his sermons at his church for the most part. Joel Olsteen broadcasts from his church which is a former sports arena. These guys are the norm now as opposed to the Billy Graham crusades model.

Billy Graham's model, as dominate and impressive as it was, used the TV not so much as a fundraising tool, they did ask for donations at the end of the broadcast, but the broadcast itself was in many respects to get people to come out to the crusades and no argument Graham could fill arenas and stadiums, night after night in his day. Churches loved a Graham crusade as it was known a marked increase in church attendance would occur after Graham came through an area. Nothing like getting the Hell scared out of ya!
;)

Graham did in fact raise a lot of money and I mean a lot but to his credit he was also very smart. Graham's model no longer works as folks like Pat Robertson along with Paul and Jan Crouch changed that approach with broadcasting. This approach raises a lot of donated money but in the case of Crouch and Robertson who have their own TV network, the advertising revenue added a 2nd revenue stream. With the internet, it is changing again as more and more churches stream their services so watch in the coming few years ahead as the TV approach starts to die away. The internet may be the only means a small or moderate size church will be able to compete with the mega churches which are beginning to really dominate christianity. Sad for christians that the small, local community home church is dying not unlike small town mainstreet.

Last edited:

wkmac

What is that suppose to mean?

Geez touchy! Follow the following posts and I think you'll get the humor (maybe not) but make note that the OP in this thread has 2 "derail" ratings and to start, Brownmonster offered the correct observation, "how do you rate an OP as a derail?" From there it should follow.

How does retired feeder call the first post in a thread derailed?

Creflo Dollar contributor?

After this a 2nd derail rating appeared from Baba to which I then responded:

I think we may have also outed Baba as a Creflo Dollar contributor too!

;)

It was never about you upschuck.

upschuck

Geez touchy! Follow the following posts and I think you'll get the humor (maybe not) but make note that the OP in this thread has 2 "derail" ratings and to start, Brownmonster offered the correct observation, "how do you rate an OP as a derail?" From there it should follow.
ok, I didn't know where you were going there. I agree, why derail the OP.
After this a 2nd derail rating appeared from Baba to which I then responded:
Should of put a screen shot of the derails, I did not connect the two. My apologies.
It was never about you upschuck.
What? I thought it was always about me. :)

rod

Retired 22 years

That's why I post "most all of them". As you can probably tell I'm not a big fan of organized religion. I am a believer-just don't believe in stuffing the coffers of churches who enjoy a tax free existence while flaunting all their gold baubbles.

wkmac

That's why I post "most all of them". As you can probably tell I'm not a big fan of organized religion. I am a believer-just don't believe in stuffing the coffers of churches who enjoy a tax free existence while flaunting all their gold baubbles.

On some level, yours seems to be the fastest growing ideal these days.