Critical Behavior Codes

browned out

My JHA (Job Hazard Analysis) form has a list of critical behaviors. The following are examples: friend-2: Uses three points of contact whenentering/exiting vehicle. friend-9: Exits curb side door face first. L/L-15: Loads carry aid outside of car etc. The friend is for falls. The L/L is lifing and lowering. Is there a place where I can find all the codes and what they mean. This is an example of a JHA

Critical Behaviors

Safe
Behavior

At -Risk
Behavior
L/L-1: Gets close to package, within the Power zone
L/L-2: Bends at knees, minimize the need for bending the back
L/L-4: Positions feet shoulder width apart with one foot slightly in front of the other
L/L-6: Tilts package to test for weight and/or shifting contents
L/L-7: Grasps object by opposite corners with a firm grip
L/L-8: Object being carried is kept over feet at all times
L/L-14: Service Provider uses equipment and facilities to assist in the lift and lower
L/L-15: Loads carry aid outside of car
L/L-16: Utilizes bumper glides and wheels as leverage over steps and bumper when lowering empty carry aid out of car.
MLS-2: Uses fulcrum or leverage points by tilting, pivoting, walking or sliding packages into place

Totals
Critical Behaviors
MLS-3: Wears sturdy leather upper work shoes with non-slip soles in good repair(no holes, tread not worn smooth)
friend-2: Uses three points of contact when entering/exiting vehicle
friend-9: Exits curb side door face first.
friend-10: Carries packages with unobstructed forward view.
friend-11: Uses designated walk paths (avoids shortcuts, cutting across lawns, landscaping, etc)
friend-12: Establishes firm footing(avoids jumping)

Totals
friend 2, 9, 10, 11 and 12 are the only Falls critical behaviors I have. What happened to F3, F4, F5 etc?

Last edited:

UPSGUY72

Is this a form they hand you out in the morning so you can fill it in during the day than hand it in a night ??? If so you actually fill those things out ??? The ones I get never make it to the package car....

browned out

In our center Mgmt gives drivers a self check list with the same codes that drivers fill out and turn in. The JHA is a form mgmt fills out on your safety ride after you get injured.

UPSGUY72

In our center Mgmt gives drivers a self check list with the same codes that drivers fill out and turn in. The JHA is a form mgmt fills out on your safety ride after you get injured.

Seems like a management problem and not yours why are you worried about it. Just work be the methods. As my Sup says I need to gig you on something nobody is perfect.

GolfCart

My point was because of Joe Unions like yourself who "RTS EVERYTHING" we will now see more and more of this training on our DIADs where we don't havethe option of RTSing.

So you are saying its my " Joe Unions " fault for UPS putting test in board , now thats FUNNY !!! Ups is going to put as much as possible in that diad . They could careless about you , or ME !

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
My point was because of Joe Unions like yourself who "RTS EVERYTHING" we will now see more and more of this training on our DIADs where we don't havethe option of RTSing.

One has nothing to do with the other Nancy.
Training is like everything else within this company, it's becoming automated.
My version of not signing the DIAD training is to get a significant amount of the quiz questions wrong.
Either way, I see it as another cost cutting intuitive.
Difference being, this is one the managerial side of the ranks.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So you are saying its my " Joe Unions " fault for UPS putting test in board , now thats FUNNY !!! Ups is going to put as much as possible in that diad . They could careless about you , or ME !

They are putting most of the training that we used to do on paper in to the DIAD to make sure it gets done. The next phase will be training videos.

TheDick

They are putting most of the training that we used to do on paper in to the DIAD to make sure it gets done. The next phase will be training videos.

They're bringing back the videos?!
Wow my Ctr team just rosters people up without actually watching them. My center manager hates paying us to todo the safety stuff, until ofcourse its AUDIT time.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

The whole word is going away from paper Nancy.
Perhaps you noticed we no longer deliver on paper anymore either?
It has nothing do with the union or people refusing to sign.

P.S. Thanks for the negative rep Nancy. Everytime you do, and I make reference to it in a subsequent post, I receive positive rep back 10 fold. He doesn't like when I call him Nancy, all the while he dishes out labels like "Joe Union".