Crossing Picket Line.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Not in this lifetime...Years ago I got into a profanity-laced argument with my driver sup because a stop of mine had huge boxes filling my truck, and they went on strike that day. I knew nothing about it until I drove up. I honked in support, and drove away to the nearest pay-phone to tell my sup he had to brown up and come deliver that stop.

Cross at your own risk.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
That driver's mentality is what is wrong with our side, and much of this forum. It never used to be this way.

H

htown0721

Who knows this guy could be on his thirty days, as a union member he probably shouldn't have crossed but at the same time is it fair to hurt a business because employees are on strike?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Here in The Right To Work For Less state i reside in, the good Christian Babtist people would be egging the strikers ,telling them to GET TO WORK!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There is a difference between an informational picket and an active picket. The video clearly showed an active picket and the driver never should have crossed that picket line. If the union did not think it a big deal why is it in our contract?

UPSGUY72

That driver is an A-hole he is probably one of those drivers that would cross a UPS picket line. When Verizon was on strike in are area non of the packages for them left the building and someone from Verizon came and picked them up.

Indecisi0n

Should CWA even be considered a union? They are know as "Can't Win Anything." They have screwed their members time and time again. Not saying what the driver did was right but just giving my opinion.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Should CWA even be considered a union? They are know as "Can't Win Anything." They have screwed their members time and time again. Not saying what the driver did was right but just giving my opinion.

My wife is a member of CWA. Absolutely the worst union example I have ever seen. They don't do crap for their members.

Cementups

Box Monkey
As far as crossing a line I only ever came across an instance once. I turned the corner to a business and there was a bunch of people with picket signs and such. I stopped the truck and as soon as I did they all parted to allow me thru. One of the lead guys came up and told me to go ahead. I was skeptical but he assured me that the only people they were looking to picket was a certain tucking company who was to be delivering/picking up at the business I was going to. Hence the reason they parted ways. Funny thing to me now is that the company that they were picketing......we now own.....and call them Freight.