Crossing Picket Line.

brown_trousers

That's why we have language in our contract stating we wont cross primary picket lines

I found no such language restricting us from crossing those picket lines. Only language that absolves us from discplinary action if we "choose" to not cross that line. But maybe I missed a section of our contract that refers to that. to what part of the NMA were you refering to?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I found no such language restricting us from crossing those picket lines. Only language that absolves us from discplinary action if we "choose" to not cross that line. But maybe I missed a section of our contract that refers to that. to what part of the NMA were you refering to?

Your right, those restrictions will be found in the IBT constitution and your local's bylaws.

brown_trousers

Article 9, Section 1 clearly addresses this issue. They use the term primary picket line rather than active but the meaning is the same and is meant to distinguish between a primary and informational picket.

That article does not restrict us from crossing the line. It only restricts UPS from disciplining us if we refuse to cross it.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I have crossed picket lines, moved and delivered struck goods.

You shouldn't be allowed in the union IMO. Why are you even in a union? It's not our business to question or doubt the goings on of another union. But they ARE a union, and are obligation is to honor them. PERIOD, end of story, chief.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
ive crossed a bazzilion 'strikes' in my day,, mainly construction and service related ..next day all the gayness is gone,,, idiot filming the unrelated ups driver and acting like a internet badass can go to hell

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

ive crossed a bazzilion 'strikes' in my day,, mainly construction and service related ..next day all the gayness is gone,,, idiot filming the unrelated ups driver and acting like a internet badass can go to hell

That stuff may fly in the South but I strongly suggest you don't try that up here in the Northeast or the Midwest.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
There are some parts of Boston, Chicago, Detroit and most of New Jersey where they very well would.

fine with me... but you better bet im not goin out easy... and you better do it right the first time because that's all everything you know will exist Untill then I will do i what I do and maybe in the realworld the situation will happen,,. Then we will see

slantnosechevy

fine with me... but you better bet im not goin out easy... and you better do it right the first time because that's all everything you know will exist Untill then I will do i what I do and maybe in the realworld the situation will happen,,. Then we will see

hahahahahaha

UnconTROLLed

perfection
You shouldn't be allowed in the union IMO. Why are you even in a union? It's not our business to question or doubt the goings on of another union. But they ARE a union, and are obligation is to honor them. PERIOD, end of story, chief.
That's an assumptive post on your part. You don't know me.