Crossing Picket Line.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
One of the biggest reasons why those cities economies are in the crapper, unionized labor.

Cant we just go to work these days, no discussions?

Go ahead, dig that head into the sand. Some of you guys don't eve realize how or why we get paid the amount we do and benefits we receive. Do you really think UPS would be offering all of that without a union? Keep your head down there.

A

anonymous6

Go ahead, dig that head into the sand. Some of you guys don't eve realize how or why we get paid the amount we do and benefits we receive. Do you really think UPS would be offering all of that without a union? Keep your head down there.

truck drivers in our area are paid about $12 an hr. that is exactly what we would be paid without a union. some people are either incredibly naaive or incredibly stupid.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader

Hey, I really dont think the union is bad, at first. Its their intention of getting more and more and more and more out of a company that baffles me. You think the car makers of America went under just because. No way, the union pushes too much, people end up getting paid way too much and product becomes too expensive, no one buys it. Or like the New Jersey electric companies.

Turning other out of state workers away because they arnt apart of a union. When power could be out for days, will now be weeks without it.

The union does great things for us, the individual, it seriously hurts the buisness and customers. But no one seems to care about that part, as long as "I'M" taken care of, theres no need to think about it.

Look at GM took huge pay cuts guess what did your GM car go from $30,000 to $25,000 are $20,000.
I think not.Your Nike Jordan's guess what still $129
We $30 bucks a hr we go out to eat 2 times a week we go to movies go on vaca etc.We make $15 hr we go out once a month to eat movies once every 3months vaca nope.
Greed is the ROOT of all evil.
Take a look around Rich getting Rich

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Look at GM took huge pay cuts guess what did your GM car go from $30,000 to $25,000 are $20,000.
We $30 bucks a hr we go out to eat 2 times a week we go to movies go on vaca etc.We make $15 hr we go out once a month to eat movies once every 3months vaca nope.

Sure, thats great, taking a pay cut and all. But its also quality the consumer values as well.

This is UPS, moving cardboard is what you're paid to do. If you want a lunch, then by all means take one. They get crazy over it, then reasure them, that an hour lunch is state law for a shift 8 or more hours. That they are the ones who need to re-ajust themselves.

I agree, money is the falter of many things. But it makes us survive. The problem I have is the hatred I see for the rich. These people employe, its not like they horde it, they spent massive amounts in taxes and putting back into the company. To ensure that those people can survive.

You'll what to get made at rich companies, how much does the teamsters make? I see their working on the walking dead for the past 3 seasons. They take dues from highly paid UPS drivers. I'm sure they make a pretty penny too.

Cementups

Box Monkey

Forward this to your CEO's making $30M/year while their slaves are making $9/hr. Then you'll see the problem.

Make sure you send it to Scott Davis too.
UPS chairman's total compensation rises to $13.1M - New Mexico Business Weekly

Why most fail is because of managment Look at the Central States Union.
Ups Managment is one reason we are sucsefull its is a machine.
As to moving cardboard ,Remember you Push a Pencil.Iknow at the end of the day i busted my butt for my money like my father and grand father did. Everday we see pp's walking all over each other trying to make there numbers to you know what i mean.
Nothing agaisnt the Rich.But dont steal from me(Wall Street,Politicians,Home builders etc)

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Why most fail is because of managment Look at the Central States Union.
Ups Managment is one reason we are sucsefull its is a machine.
As to moving cardboard ,Remember you Push a Pencil.Iknow at the end of the day i busted my butt for my money like my father and grand father did. Everday we see pp's walking all over each other trying to make there numbers to you know what i mean.
Nothing agaisnt the Rich.But dont steal from me(Wall Street,Politicians,Home builders etc)

Im not a stupervisor or the latter.

I preload a very hard set of cars. I know too how it is to bust tail all night long with no end in sight. Lucky, I was taught by my father, who ended up 32 years in the Navy and ranked E9 and changed the space program as we know it today the same way.

I agree with ceme, there are seriously outrageous CEOs making more then their worth at all companies. Its a ton of BS. Yet, wheres the union on this topic? Most high earning CEO jobs dont have a union, so how is it that its always "We'll pay you less because of no union?" I dont get that at all. It seems the best jobs end up being non-union. Is that the problem or the solution?

Btw, wish you northerners would just knock it the hell off. I'm tired of the people up there coming down here to escape the debacle. They come down, start looking around and wish it was more like home. Then they push the same type of crap they did up there, " we need this and that program!". Hence, they screw us up just as bad as they did up there. HEY NORTH! KNOCK IT THE HELL OFF!

brown_trousers

I agree with ceme, there are seriously outrageous CEOs making more then their worth at all companies. Its a ton of BS. Yet, wheres the union on this topic? Most high earning CEO jobs dont have a union, so how is it that its always "We'll pay you less because of no union?" I dont get that at all. It seems the best jobs end up being non-union. Is that the problem or the solution?

its not like these CEOs are stealing money out of your paycheck. they are not forcing anyone at gunpoint to take the low-paying jobs they offer, nor are they even legally required to offer you a job at all.

If you accept a job at $8.50/hr, dont be surprised if the company actually pays you $8.50/hr.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Minimum wage laws don't help. Co's pay $8/hr for someone to do a $2/hr job, they're going to have to make up that $6 somewhere. Basic economics.