Crossing the Rubicon

vantexan

Made a decision today. Mgr told us this morning that one lead a month is mandatory. After having mgrs lie to me about not being able to give me my percentage of pay range back there's just no way I'm going to try to drum up new business for this company. While I'm at it I won't be signing anymore GAP reports either. Or taking anymore training. If they want me through Peak and will let me retire in January great. If not that's fine too. I've been lied to and cheated too many times to keep the charade going.

Schweddy

Balls
I haven't put in leads in a long time. Just make something up. Tell them the hospital has a bunch of competitor packages every month.

vantexan

I haven't put in leads in a long time. Just make something up. Tell them the hospital has a bunch of competitor packages every month.
I haven't had to submit leads since getting rehired in 2014. But the point is I've had enough of the B.S.. Their actions concerning my pay has put me very close to bankruptcy. I have to quit in order to pay my bills which with decent pay I'd have already paid off and would continue to work to build savings. Enough already.

Swngdrvr

I've never submitted a lead, and don't plan on it. Most of the leads that get turned in at my station are written out by managers and given to couriers to sign.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Made a decision today. Mgr told us this morning that one lead a month is mandatory. After having mgrs lie to me about not being able to give me my percentage of pay range back there's just no way I'm going to try to drum up new business for this company. While I'm at it I won't be signing anymore GAP reports either. Or taking anymore training. If they want me through Peak and will let me retire in January great. If not that's fine too. I've been lied to and cheated too many times to keep the charade going.
Best way to fight fire is with fire. Demand a printed copy of Policy that makes sales leads a condition of employment. When none is provided, file a harassment complaint.

SmithBarney

Turn in a few with your managers cell phone number on it... ;)

I haven't turned one in since sales stiffed the last 4 customers by never calling them.
So they just went online and set up their own accounts, they shipped between 15-40pieces
a day(combined) nothing major, but sales never calls customers, yet FDX wants us to submit "anything" they are taking a shotgun approach and it doesn't work.
my route is 97% residential.. we were told straight faced by sales
that they really only push ground service because it's double digit % profit, whereas express only pulls single digit profits.

dezguy

When sales starts coming out and doing my job, I'll start doing their job. Haven't submitted a sales lead since I was a young pup and don't intend to start any time soon. Have had managers tell me it's required, I just take the hit on my review (we still get those). 0.1% hit means nothing to me.

Besides that, sales just takes any lead and turns it into a ground account anyways. Why would I submit a lead and slowly slit my own throat?

whenIgetthere

Two per month is mandatory here, been years since I put one in. I haven't turned one in in years. A few weeks ago, salesman was walking the belt and asked me to look for leads, had to ask who he was, since I hadn't seen a salesman in years.

Schweddy

Balls
WIGT, Did you challenge him for ID?

Van, I know a ton of people that don't care about gap reports / OR efficiency. They go right in the trash.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Sounds like van is handing back the Costco :censored2: sandwich. Bravo Zulu!!!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Two per month is mandatory here, been years since I put one in. I haven't turned one in in years. A few weeks ago, salesman was walking the belt and asked me to look for leads, had to ask who he was, since I hadn't seen a salesman in years.
The only reason I ever see sales people is because they use our conference room for meetings. They NEVER walk the belt, even though they're already in the building.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
WIGT, Did you challenge him for ID?

Van, I know a ton of people that don't care about gap reports / OR efficiency. They go right in the trash.

I could not care less about any of those reports. Those are manager reports. I'm getting paid regardless. Our SAL acts like we should be upset when they can't print our courier reports. Whatever.... The hours on my Timecard are right, that's all I care about.

Rhoderunner

Best way to fight fire is with fire. Demand a printed copy of Policy that makes sales leads a condition of employment. When none is provided, file a harassment complaint.
Be careful what you ask for. I would not put it past this company to have that written into the job description somewhere. No doubt in very fine print and the end of one of several long lost amendments.

fedex_rtd

Vex, that's a real shame that Fedex has decided to go down this road, but it's a much different company than is was back in the late 90s. Fact is they care about you or I as much as they do a piece of equipment.

I wish you the best.

vantexan

Vex, that's a real shame that Fedex has decided to go down this road, but it's a much different company than is was back in the late 90s. Fact is they care about you or I as much as they do a piece of equipment.

I wish you the best.
Thanks to you and everyone who commented. Mgr asked me this morning to complete training due either today or tomorrow. I asked if this is necessary since I'm quitting soon. She said yes as I'm still an employee. I'm not going to.

SmithBarney

haha, required 2 sales leads last month... 2 people submitted leads...
So today we find out now next month only 1 sales lead "required" per month

Like I said before this "shotgun style" sales lead program is really ineffective
you might as well pick up a local phone book and pick out random yellow page
customers.

It will be fine

haha, required 2 sales leads last month... 2 people submitted leads...
So today we find out now next month only 1 sales lead "required" per month

Like I said before this "shotgun style" sales lead program is really ineffective
you might as well pick up a local phone book and pick out random yellow page
customers.
That's actually what the low level sales guys do. One asked to ride along in my area and I talked with him for a bit in the morning. He said they spend a lot of time cold calling businesses. It sounded like an awful job.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Thanks to you and everyone who commented. Mgr asked me this morning to complete training due either today or tomorrow. I asked if this is necessary since I'm quitting soon. She said yes as I'm still an employee. I'm not going to.
She wants you to because it makes her look good on a report. The only reason.