Cruise Poll #1 (Who would go?)

Will you cruise in 2010?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

over9five

Staff member
OK, people, this is a public poll. We'll be able to see who votes which way.
Feel free to post your answer also.

How interested are you in cruising in 2010?

over9five

Staff member
Hey, 100% of respondents are very interested! (Oh, that was me).

Well, I hope I did that right....

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I'm going, but can't bring the gang. My wife is a school teacher and only get's Christmas/New Years, spring break and summer break as her vacations.

sexyupsman

Can we leave today? I need to get the hell out of here! This would kick A** if it actually happens. I am going to make my driver (Daddy) get a tan first to even out the tone. :peaceful:

Cementups

Box Monkey
Would love to go, but with a newborn on the way, not sure it would be feasible. and my wife would be pissed if i went without her.

Ms.PacMan

There are 23 ppl in the maybe/yes columns Steve! Only need 8 cabins and 16 ppl for a group rate.

I'm going to troubleshoot for the maybes....

On a regular cruise the deposit is $250pp and there is no cancellation fee up to 70 days before the cruise. On the group cruises I have seen, the deposit is lower - $25pp but is non-refundable. If the bookings fall below the eight cabins then it's a bust.

Only Amy will know our real identities so if someone becomes shy they could remain anonymous on the cruise. Or maybe there are lurkers on here that will come along? Sexy - "your driver" can never be anonymous now that we know you call him Daddy. :happy-very:

I usually fly into the port city the day before because I don't trust the airlines not to overbook my flight and bump me so I always look for a Sun - Sun cruise because I hate trying to get a Friday off KWIM?

Was that helpful? I don't want this cruise to die!

UPSNewbie

There are 23 ppl in the maybe/yes columns Steve! Only need 8 cabins and 16 ppl for a group rate.

I'm going to troubleshoot for the maybes....

On a regular cruise the deposit is $250pp and there is no cancellation fee up to 70 days before the cruise. On the group cruises I have seen, the deposit is lower - $25pp but is non-refundable. If the bookings fall below the eight cabins then it's a bust.

Only Amy will know our real identities so if someone becomes shy they could remain anonymous on the cruise. Or maybe there are lurkers on here that will come along? Sexy - "your driver" can never be anonymous now that we know you call him Daddy. :happy-very:

I usually fly into the port city the day before because I don't trust the airlines not to overbook my flight and bump me so I always look for a Sun - Sun cruise because I hate trying to get a Friday off KWIM?

Was that helpful? I don't want this cruise to die!

There is 7 in the "yes if I can get the week"

That's something right there. :wink2:

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
I'd love to go, Tony will be there with me. It's possible that our daughter may come too...

wily_old_vet

Wow, I thought more peole wanted to go. Is it because it became a reality? :dissapointed:

The same thing happened the last time we took a similar poll. I'd say this one has more chance of happening because there are people talking to travel agents and getting pricing options. Never got that far the last time so don't lose heart.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
maybe we need to decide on a week, that might help those on the edge decide.

The higher summer rates usually kick in in May, so its cheaper before then. But then you still have to deal with some people with kids still in school. I went on one in early May last year. The Carnival "Glory" was still sold out with over 3200 passengers. Port Canaveral is 45 minutes from Orlando, most of the cruise lines use it. Some people may want to take two weeks and hit Disney World and other nearby attractions also.

Last edited:

Ms.PacMan

I checked both Carnival and RCL's websites and the cruises for June 2010 aren't up yet. Western Caribbean is what people have posted they would like the most.

Maybe a poll on who would like this month so they could bring the kids? I'll bring mine if we go in June (if he'll go :happy2:).

This also might take the pressure off the drivers bidding for vaca now.

Status
Not open for further replies.