Cruise Poll #2 (What month is best?)

What is the best month for cruising?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wyobill

That sounds good, but I've booked in the winter before. The problem is I STRESS big time about a snow storm hitting and flights getting cancelled. It's a lot of money wasted if you can't get there.

I've never bought the trip insurance. They make millions off that, cuz most people never have to make a claim. It's usually money wasted just to make you feel good.

Now I aim for late March or April.

When does snow ever stop a UPS driver?:happy2:

Ms.PacMan

Our cruise last June was a Weds. departure out of NYC. So I decided to spent 4 nights before the cruise and 2 nights after in New York. Took my teenage son and his friend.

We made it as far as O'Hare and the flights to LaGuardia were all cancelled because of thunderstorms. They told us that we would probably be able to fly stand-by on the next flight but it was going to Newark, okay by me. They put us on the list, told us to go retrieve our luggage and check it back in.

We waited thru all the flights that day and never made it on stand-by. We would have to wait until the morning for our original flight. At 10pm we settled into our cots and were told we would all have to leave the area at 4am but they would wake us up.

I called the hotel so they did not cancel our entire booking and they (the Salisbury - great hotel and cheap) were kind enough to refund me that night.

At 6am we left for LaGuardia. Do you remember where our luggage went? That's right, Newark - ha! We arrived in New York City on Sunday and Monday we all bought new outfits - ha, ha! Monday evening at 11pm the luggage showed up at the hotel.

It's a darn good thing for us that the cruise didn't leave on that Sunday or we would have been shopping in the gift shop for our clothing that week. :happy2:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
It's official, The Cruise is set for April 18th 2010. I sat down with Amy after physical therapy, and we went over a few details. She put it all together and here's what she emailed me.

Hi Everyone, Here is the info for this cruise:

The Browne Café Group
Carnival Valor * April 18th, 2010 * 7 Day Cruise* Miami-Grand Cayman-Isla Roatan-Belize-Cozumel-Miami

You have four cabin types to pick from:

Inside cabin 4B-$605.68 total per person ** 3rd or 4th per person rate is $325.68

Outside cabin w/picture window 6B-$725.68 total per person** 3rd or 4th per person rate is $355.68

Balcony cabin 8B-$895.68 total per person**3rd and 4th per person rate is $405.68

Suite cabin 11-$1405.68 total per person**3rd and 4th per person rate is $505.69

Additionally you may add prepaid gratuities $70.00 per person *** insurance for $79.00-109.00pp based on the
cabin you have booked.
Each CABIN is going to receive a $50.00 on board credit. You may also pick as a group ONE of the following
gifts per cabin: Champagne and Chocolates*Sparkling Cider and Chocolates*bottle of house White wine*
bottle of house Red wine* or a 8x10 group photo.

To book, I will need your Legal Names as it appears on your passport
Birthdates
Address
Telephone number
Emergency Contact person

The U.S. Government requires all guests to be in possession of a valid passport.

Deposit for the group as follows:
$50.00 per person due by Mar, 20th 2009
$250.00 per person due by Nov 10th 2009
Final amount due by Jan 25,2010

If anyone has any questions please contact either Steve or myself **Amy 800-782-1913 [email protected]
Thank you for your business!!

Status
Not open for further replies.