CSPF not going to resubmit cuts.

beentheredonethat

How is that gonna work if UPS is on the hook for making up the difference?
No one knows exactly what will happen. Assuming the pension fund does go insolvent in 10-12 years and they don't do anything to fix it in the meantime. There will be at least one or two contracts negotiated before then. Granted the last contract said UPS will make up shortfall. However, UPS will not want to be on the hook for billions. (Considering they already paid twice for the pension of Central State teamsters). That part will be negotiated away. Or at least attempted to be. How many people will vote to strike for something that doesn't benefit themselves and only other retired people? A 2 or 3 dollar raise to the PT'ers or a bonus will make them vote yes.

No one knows exactly what will happen. Assuming the pension fund does go insolvent in 10-12 years and they don't do anything to fix it in the meantime. There will be at least one or two contracts negotiated before then. Granted the last contract said UPS will make up shortfall. However, UPS will not want to be on the hook for billions. (Considering they already paid twice for the pension of Central State teamsters). That part will be negotiated away. Or at least attempted to be. How many people will vote to strike for something that doesn't benefit themselves and only other retired people? A 2 or 3 dollar raise to the PT'ers or a bonus will make them vote yes.
Nobody votes.

PT Car Washer

Absolutely agree that most UPS Union workers will vote themselves a raise rather then give up anything for a bunch of dinosaurs.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Absolutely agree that most UPS Union workers will vote themselves a raise rather then give up anything for a bunch of dinosaurs.
Well let's also not forget how many billions ups paid to get out of that plan.

I'm not saying just tell the old guys tough :censored2: but I don't think lack of funds from ups is a problem with the central states pension.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Well let's also not forget how many billions ups paid to get out of that plan.

I'm not saying just tell the old guys tough :censored2: but I don't think lack of funds from ups is a problem with the central states pension.

It sucks to be a retired UPS Driver?

rod

Retired 22 years
Government should bail it out. Being that they were put in charge of watching over it since 1982 when it was put under their watch it is nothing more than a government pension to begin with. Government pension= Government bail-out.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Government should bail it out. Being that they were put in charge of watching over it since 1982 when it was put under their watch it is nothing more than a government pension to begin with. Government pension= Government bail-out.
With what money?