curious about union sign up.

Ouch

I live in a right to work state. I had to sign up to be in the union. My question is if you live in a non right to work state do you still have to sign up or are you automatically put in the union? Just curious.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I don't recall ever signing up. I have no card that says I did. I also have no ID that says I work for UPS. I did look on my local unions pension website and I am paid in full for the last 24 years.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
​Maybe he didn't want you.

Wasn't only me. I even have other members who started around the same time as me who haven't even signed up yet due to the incompetence of your boy. Can't wait to see their faces when they each owe up to $500 of union dues plus initiation fees to the union, bahahaha!!:st_patrick:

Inthegame

Wasn't only me. I even have other members who started around the same time as me who haven't even signed up yet due to the incompetence of your boy. Can't wait to see their faces when they each owe up to $500 of union dues plus initiation fees to the union, bahahaha!!:st_patrick:
Normally the company provides new hire lists to the union. Normally this is very low priority for the company.

BrownBrokeDown

If you live in a right2work4less state, you have to sign up. Just talk to a union steward and they can give you the form. Takes less than 5 minutes.

upschuck

When they sign papers for employment, that is just one of the papers they sign. That way new employees can't complain that they are unknowingly taking out initiation fees and such. I've heard the spiel a couple of times passing through.

BrownBrokeDown

When they sign papers for employment, that is just one of the papers they sign. That way new employees can't complain that they are unknowingly taking out initiation fees and such. I've heard the spiel a couple of times passing through.
At the facility i work at, we have to ask for the signup paper.

upschuck

Happened with my local. HR didn't give the new hires info. Local didn't want to make them pay the whole amount, would of crushed a lot of PTers, so union made it reasonable amounts to be repaid. Not sure what % it was. Some were folks that even won a lot of money on grievances.

barnyard

KTM rider
In my local, the company provides the union with employee lists when they make seniority. The union sends cards out and we are supposed to have the card with us when on the job.

RealPerson

If you live in a right2work4less state, you have to sign up. Just talk to a union steward and they can give you the form. Takes less than 5 minutes.

That was NOT the question asked..

Also, I see it as the other way around in my right to work state. Most long term Union people are telling people to SLOW down....

RealPerson

Are you implying union shop = mediocrity?

99.8% no. But some old timers "milk" the time clock. No need for someone to get mad at you when you are put in their area when they are on vacation and you do better than them. These are even 22.3 people, so they get their 8 no matter. Just mad to see fellow people getting their ***** handed to them, and other standing, because they are untouchable...

UPSGUY72

99.8% no. But some old timers "milk" the time clock. No need for someone to get mad at you when you are put in their area when they are on vacation and you do better than them. These are even 22.3 people, so they get their 8 no matter. Just mad to see fellow people getting their ***** handed to them, and other standing, because they are untouchable...

If you work by the methods you don't have to worry about having your :censored2: handed to you. I would bet the "milkers" that you talk about work the methods if you work strictly by the methods the jobs takes longer. If you want to cut corners or just act like a total a-hole when it comes to doing your job you get what you ask for.

If you pay attention it's the same people in the office everyday and usually for the same reasons.