Curious on what could be done...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So no source?

What about sources? Use any search engine you like and you'll get case after case. My point, which you also missed, is that FedEx gets sued all the time, but since they settle almost every suit, it won't be in the media, especially if it's an individual. Can you enter "FedEx Express Lawsuit" into a computer, or do you need assistance?

Here's one that shows how FedEx operates...Orland. They're doing everything possible to settle before all of these cases get to court. Know why? Because they're on the hook, and will lose.

Here's one for you and your girlfriend. When FedEx agrees to a deal with the person that has sued, nothing about that settlement can be disclosed. What don't you dummies understand?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Right. Nobody at FedEx has ever been terminated on false premises. The courts say otherwise.

Would you like to debate the ratio of normal terminations:terminations via false pretenses?

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, insulting, sexually-oriented or any material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned from this site. The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/help/terms#ixzz3UbYnx3r1

59 Dano

Figured as much. Gonna file that one under hearsay along with the executive jet theory BS.
How can you call the jet thing a theory? We heard it here from a guy who heard it from a guy who heard it from a guy after his buddy hypothesized the idea.

It's the same reliable source that guaranteed us that at the 2012 stockholders' meeting, they were going to announce that Express would no longer offered deferred services.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Would you like to debate the ratio of normal terminations:terminations via false pretenses?

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, insulting, sexually-oriented or any material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned from this site. The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/help/terms#ixzz3UbYnx3r1

Implement.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Bingo! It's "I personally know of eighty gazillion instances, none of which I can/will document. Besides, none of them are traceable." and so on and so on.

As usual, here you are in denial mode. You know the truth, and that's why you're here...to obfuscate it.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I think everyone on this forum got a payout about 3 yrs. ago after some sort of litigation. Or, maybe it was just CA?

DontThrowPackages

No they had nothing on him...no falsification, no integrity issues, etc... I'm not looking sympathy. I was just curious to see if anyone thought it was worth fighting for? I know it's been a blessing.
It was just his boss said one thing and then the call with the head of HR from Pittsburg had a different reason that didn't make sense & they had no idea when they were told he won the award for the best audit. But everyone in Fedex knows they aren't going to admit wrong doing. They will back company employees first wrong or not. I personally think it upset his boss when he applied for another senior manager job out of the district he was in. I personally think it was retaliation for wanting out of that district because it was crap. My husband bleed purple. He loved his job stress or not....No one from any of the other districts he worked in can believe he was let go. They would take him in a heart beat if they could. I think most people just want a REAL and FAIR reason to terminate after 17 years with a company. Mind you there were other employees who did a crap job and were offered demotions. He wasn't even told or given reason to believe he was about to be let go. It just doesn't make sense.
I've found that getting an attorney makes almost all the difference. Bet things change pretty quick. And if all else fails, write a book. I'm sure he has plenty of interesting chapters to write about, with he being an SM.

59 Dano

What's so hard about googling a FedEx lawsuit?

When asked for some sources, Mr. FedEx posted the following:

I've been an Express employee for a very long time, and have seen FedEx sued successfully many times. Here's a tutorial of how it works, so try to keep up, OK? I can't speak to Ground's legal issues, so I'll let others take that opco on.

1. Dano is right...FedEx fears lawsuits, just like all major corporations with deep pockets. Another reason they fear them is that FedEx is an unethical employer that operates at the edges of the law. In other words, they aggressively terminate and/or harass employees in their endless efforts to shave costs and keep FedEx non-union. FedEx gets sued frequently because they deserve to be sued.

2. I personally know many ex-employees who received large settlements from FedEx for a variety of reasons, ranging from unlawful termination to sexual harassment. Although settlements are usually confidential, some of these were in the high 6 figures.

3. Notice the word settlement. Approximately 90% of all legal cases are settled out of court, so you're only going to see the most high profile suits and payouts in the media. FedEx doesn't want their dirty laundry aired.

4. If you do sue FedEx, it will probably be on a contingency basis, because the Express MO is to try and extend a case as far as possible in order to starve you out. Very few employees can afford to pay for expensive attorneys, so FedEx and it's huge legal team have an enormous advantage. If an attorney won't take your case on a contingency basis, you are screwed. Fred knows this, and attempts to intimidate employees into thinking they'll never win against FedEx Legal. Usually, FedEx will hire high-priced local talent supplemented by Legal, so your attorney needs to be good and your case a strong one. Besides stalling, they will try and change venues or move the case to Federal Court because they operate nation-wide and might find a more sympathetic judge in another forum. It's a huge game, and they are quite good at it.

Nothing is more satisfying than see a former and/or current employee get a large settlement from Fred, and there are plenty of people who have prevailed against Mr. Smith's machine. FedEx screws people around like no other company out there, and they screw-up all the time by breaking the law.

Someday, you'll figure it out. Fred S is not a good guy, and he thinks he and his various companies are above the law. After all, so far he's gotten away with drunk driving, vehicular homicide, insider trading, embezzlement, and a host of other illegalities because he's Fast Freddy with the big $$ and big-time connections.

Hopefully there are some class-actions in the pipeline for age discrimination etc.

Smith is an arrogant bastard with zero conscience and little regard for the law...except when he has to write a big check to someone other than a politician.
Make the MF write that check and watch his palms sweat and his hands shake because he's losing a few pennies.

That's a rather verbose way of saying, "I don't have any sources. I'm just making things up." If he had such a great collection of knowledge on the topic, he would have shown it to us instead of ducking and dodging.

It's not my job to source his claims for him.

59 Dano

I've found that getting an attorney makes almost all the difference. Bet things change pretty quick. And if all else fails, write a book. I'm sure he has plenty of interesting chapters to write about, with he being an SM.

Getting a lawyer seems to be the de facto answer to every question presented here...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Getting a lawyer seems to be the de facto answer to every question presented here...

First. The word "tool" doesn't violate this site's TOS. Please see my post in Current Events titled " Scott Walker: Tool". Sorry that you're a sensitive tool, but let's discuss exactly what a tool is, OK? Just for clarification, I'm not accusing you of being Fred's hammer or screwdriver...you're more like a toilet plunger. For me, a tool is someone who is used as an operative by a third party to advance said party's agenda. Uh, you would appear to fit that definition, as would your endless posts defending FedEx. It's very clear your position at FedEx requires you to advance the company line as directed by your superior(s). Therefore, you are...a tool.

And yes, getting a lawyer is always sound advice when dealing with FDX.

It will be fine

First. The word "tool" doesn't violate this site's TOS. Please see my post in Current Events titled " Scott Walker: Tool". Sorry that you're a sensitive tool, but let's discuss exactly what a tool is, OK? Just for clarification, I'm not accusing you of being Fred's hammer or screwdriver...you're more like a toilet plunger. For me, a tool is someone who is used as an operative by a third party to advance said party's agenda. Uh, you would appear to fit that definition, as would your endless posts defending FedEx. It's very clear your position at FedEx requires you to advance the company line as directed by your superior(s). Therefore, you are...a tool.

And yes, getting a lawyer is always sound advice when dealing with FDX.
Good defense. You are often offensive in violation of the TOS. That's kinda what you do here. Present weak arguments and then make personal attacks when people disagree. Your use of "tool" was clearly meant to be offensive and a personal attack.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Good defense. You are often offensive in violation of the TOS. That's kinda what you do here. Present weak arguments and then make personal attacks when people disagree. Your use of "tool" was clearly meant to be offensive and a personal attack.

Dano is a tool. It's a statement of fact, and his track record backs up my assertion that he is an operative of the FDX Corporation. "Offensive" is in the mind of the beholder,much like beauty. I really don't give a rat's ass what you think, and I'll continue to speak my mind.

Sounds like you're also in Fred's toolbox.