Curious - Time From Initial Employ to FT Driver

tritese

tritese
the wait for full time driver is around 11 years here. we have four centers in one building and then of course the hub. each center has its own management team here too.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Gore lost and, in doing so, our country lost and will be paying for this defeat for a long, long time.

:::Raises hands in surrender:::. "We can talk about anything, ANYTHING in this world but politics, religion and her" (Politics, Religion and Her; Sammy Kershaw). I really hope you won't take this the wrong way but I'm too smart to be dumb enough to argue about Gore, Bush and the 2000 election. While I don't care for Bush.....never mind. HAPPY FRIDAY, UPS'ers!!! -Rocky

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
No, not at all. I was commenting that you were so close to being drawn in to a political argument.

LOL....not so easy, sir. I steadfastly refuse to discuss politics in this impersonal medium. In fact....I try to avoid political debates in general. Long story short, I got my toes STOMPED by a professor. I sometimes wonder if that stomping will come back to remind me someday when I'd rather it not. I refuse to do that again. I know when the odds are ovewhelmingly against me. -Rocky

helenofcalifornia

Well, I'll jump in Rocky! If Gore had been sworn in as President (like he should have) we wouldn't be in Iraq and mortgaging my children and grandchildren's future with an unbelievable debt. (3 trillion dollars!!!!!!!) We might be in Afghanistan, but not Iraq. There would have been no Abu Grave (sp?), no frikkin' lying to Americans like there is no tomorrow, no extreme partisan politics like now. In 7 short years, Bush took us down the wrong trail and didn't leave any bread crumbs so we could find our way back. We can't afford 4 more years of Bush.

H

hseofpayne

Well, I'll jump in Rocky! If Gore had been sworn in as President (like he should have) we wouldn't be in Iraq and mortgaging my children and grandchildren's future with an unbelievable debt. (3 trillion dollars!!!!!!!) We might be in Afghanistan, but not Iraq. There would have been no Abu Grave (sp?), no frikkin' lying to Americans like there is no tomorrow, no extreme partisan politics like now. In 7 short years, Bush took us down the wrong trail and didn't leave any bread crumbs so we could find our way back. We can't afford 4 more years of Bush.

If Gore had won, you'd be wearing a burka by now w/ full coverage headscarf. You would no longer work for UPS as women would not be allowed to leave home w/o their husbands permission, let alone work. You would have mastered Arabic or been placed in prison for failure to assimilate. If you weren't married, you would be expected to marry whomever the radical Islamists told you to marry; again, if you refused you would be in prison or hung. If you were caught having relations w/ an infidel, you would be subject to an honor killing. Actually, most anything you did would result in the death penalty, something much harder to recover from than 7 years of Bush!

Leftinbuilding

If Gore had won, you'd be wearing a burka by now w/ full coverage headscarf. You would no longer work for UPS as women would not be allowed to leave home w/o their husbands permission, let alone work. You would have mastered Arabic or been placed in prison for failure to assimilate. If you weren't married, you would be expected to marry whomever the radical Islamists told you to marry; again, if you refused you would be in prison or hung. If you were caught having relations w/ an infidel, you would be subject to an honor killing. Actually, most anything you did would result in the death penalty, something much harder to recover from than 7 years of Bush!

Now come on! You know Gore could have talked face to face with Osama, and Osama would have seen things our way. They are really nice people (well except for the ones that beheaded that guy yesterday) we just have to understand them. We all saw how sorry they were after 9/11. They would never do something like that again. God help up if Barak gets in!

H

hseofpayne

Now come on! You know Gore could have talked face to face with Osama, and Osama would have seen things our way. They are really nice people (well except for the ones that beheaded that guy yesterday) we just have to understand them. We all saw how sorry they were after 9/11. They would never do something like that again. God help up if Barak gets in!

Yeah, if I were King of America after 9/11, we would have tuned in to all the TV stations around the world, and anywhere they were dancing in the streets in celebration would have gotten carpet bombed! Well, maybe not bombed, but just like I wish we would do to Berkley, Californicaters, I would remove all Federal funding, any humanitarian aide, and any monetary investment from the US in those countries or their industries. I am tired of seeing protesters around the world biting the hand that feeds them. And I don't want to hear about freedom of speech, they have freedom to denigrate the US but we have the right to make them suffer the consequences.

Leftinbuilding

Now you've got me going. If Obama does win the Presidency, it will only be a matter of time before we are hit again. And probably harder than 9/11 since that wasn't a knockout blow. There is no way we could retaliate (as if Obama would) as, by electing Barak we would have, in effect, invited another attack. Retaliation would make us not-nice people and everyone knows we want to be nicey-nice.

H

hseofpayne

Now you've got me going. If Obama does win the Presidency, it will only be a matter of time before we are hit again. And probably harder than 9/11 since that wasn't a knockout blow. There is no way we could retaliate (as if Obama would) as, by electing Barak we would have, in effect, invited another attack. Retaliation would make us not-nice people and everyone knows we want to be nicey-nice.

Obama being Prez will invite attack. In the eyes of Islam, he is an Apostate, the worst of worst who turned his back on the faith of his father. You notice most of our enemies WANT Osama, oops, I mean Obama to be elected. They will no longer fear retaliation. We will get attacked;Obama will give a speech, we will get attacked again; Obama will give a historic speech; we will get attacked one last time; Obama will give key to the city to Osama!

Mike Hawk

*yawns* Oh sorry, were you guys talking about politics again? Political bickering goes in the Current Events forum, not the Curious - Time From Initial Employ to FT Driver thread in General Discussion.

lightbrown

I hate to interupt, but does anyone on here work in Lancaster, PA? Just wondering what size their base is, how many ft drivers they have, and what wait times are like.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Well, I'll jump in Rocky! We can't afford 4 more years of Bush.

Please do jump in, Helen! I've paid for my positions on politics too many times to debate. I realize how elitist and condescending this will sound but I've seen too many times where well-known officials, corporate officers, etc have been brought down because of something said in a forum not much different from this. I'll bow out here. And I agree......4 more years of Bush would probably result in World War III. -Rocky

They are really nice people (well except for the ones that beheaded that guy yesterday) we just have to understand them. We all saw how sorry they were after 9/11. They would never do something like that again. God help up if Barak gets in!

They actually are really nice people, Left. I've worked with and gone to school with them. Not all of them are suicidal maniacs bent on destroying the Stars and Stripes. But the ones that ran 9/11 WOULD do it again if we gave 'em half a chance. I don't care for Barack for many reasons but his religion isn't one of them because he's never been--credibly, anyway--connected to the Middle East religious factions. Had he been, I think there'd be a much different outlook on him.

I'd agree with you if there were credible connections to the Middle East. Thus far, I haven't seen it. I think he'll be 'tested' more than any other president in U.S. history. Given the political dynamic, this makes me more than a little nervous. And I think we would retaliate if it were another 9/11. The question would become: would he do what Bush didn't in terms of force? I'm talking truly 'overwhelming force.' Bush made a mistake with his idea of 'overwhelming force.' We haven't seen truly overwhelming force since the end of World War II. If they bring down the Empire State Building, Sears Tower or some other landmark, he'd be committing political suicide by not retailiating appropriately. And I'm not talking Bill Clinton's idea of retaliation. What a joke....send in 6 Patriot missiles to level a camp that was abandoned 18 hours before the strike. What a joke! Okay....I'm done before I REALLY catch heat. -Rocky