Current Flavor of the Month?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Sounds like nerve related damage. Time to rest. Your no spring chicken anymore. Rest and longevity go hand in hand.
The first words out of the center manager's mouth were, do you have AFLAC and the old, you exercise too much. I told him no to the first question and told him, if it was YOU that did what I do, then it would be too much.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Steve, don't ever slow down what you do.

On the other hand, to keep you doing what you do, you may want to consider Aflac or Combined. I have Combined and it is the best $100 I spend every month if for nothing else than the piece of mind of knowing that I will get something if I do get hurt, on or off the clock, 24/7. This is paid in addition to STD, LTD, or comp.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Steve, don't ever slow down what you do.

On the other hand, to keep you doing what you do, you may want to consider Aflac or Combined. I have Combined and it is the best $100 I spend every month if for nothing else than the piece of mind of knowing that I will get something if I do get hurt, on or off the clock, 24/7. This is paid in addition to STD, LTD, or comp.
Thanks for the advice!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Dilli, is the P/U stop in BFE on the computer for her P/U? If so and if she does not send out stuff everyday she would be an ideal candidate for the Smart Pickup.
Yes and you are right she would be a good candidate for the smart pickup. I will mention it to the bid driver, maybe he can get the acct changed over. :happy2:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Your "working smarter, not harder is just another way of saying Hurry, Hurry. You get paid by the hour. They don't give you a cell phone, or pay you to use your cell phone. There's no method that says "use your cell phone". You are losing money from your paycheck by sidestepping normalcy. You are doubly losing money by using your own minutes, that YOU pay for, on your cell phone. I know I'm wasting my breath, but please don't tell other people that this is the proper way to work, when it's only being done to make YOUR day go FASTER!

Those extra miles that you're missing out on are actually hurting your dispatch.....oh, that's right, you're a cover driver, so who cares what happens the day you cover someone else's route?:dissapointed:
I do care and you can wipe the frown off your face. I am not doing anything the regular driver hasn't already set up. :angry: A self centered sanctimonious statement........................................ (I got out of the shower to add 'hypocrite')

Last edited:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
And just so we are perfectly clear Stephen, don't ever judge me on what I do until you know ALL the facts. I DON'T call customers on pickups unless it is absolutely necessary. ********

Last edited by a moderator:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I do care and you can wipe the frown off your face. I am not doing anything the regular driver hasn't already set up. :angry: A self centered sanctimonious statement........................................ (I got out of the shower to add 'hypocrite')

And just so we are perfectly clear Stephen, don't ever judge me on what I do until you know ALL the facts. I DON'T call customers on pickups unless it is absolutely necessary. ********
You have quite a way with words. Why would it be necessary? Wouldn't traveling there, which btw is a method, be the better action? You do still get paid by the hour, DONTCHA?

UPSBluRdg03

Running Trace, Pickup compliance and over allowed is a daily discussion during the pcm. They are supposedly working to get the RDO's in order to improve trace. I covered a route thursday and broke trace 50 times in 90 stops.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
You have quite a way with words. Why would it be necessary? Wouldn't traveling there, which btw is a method, be the better action? You do still get paid by the hour, DONTCHA?
No kidding, it's a method???? WOW I didn't know that. I haven't done my job properly for the last 4 years. :rolleyes2: Excuse me Mr. self proclaimed runner and gunner who has recently found the UPS bible. Don't tell me how to do my job. I know perfectly well how to do it. And I have never had to run and gun to do it.:grrr: I didn't call her, I didn't ask her to call me. She asked me for my phone number. ***********************

Last edited by a moderator:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Work smarter, not harder.

If Dilli is covering an area in which the bid driver has an arrangement with an out of the way pickup account and can focus on completing her deliveries and not have to drive out to that P/U for nothing, more power to her.

I suggested to her that she mention this account to her BD as it sounds like an ideal Smart pickup prospect. The pickup would have her weekly charge cut in 1/2 and we wouldn't have to drive out to BFE for nothing if they have nothing going.

Work smarter, not harder, Steven.

rod

Retired 22 years
my experience was that if you saved yourself a few minutes on a regular basis UPS would find work for you to fill up that void--------plus more. Being the funny company UPS is, "working smarter" can backfire on you.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
my experience was that if you saved yourself a few minutes on a regular basis UPS would find work for you to fill up that void--------plus more. Being the funny company UPS is, "working smarter" can backfire on you.
Dave, thank you for the support. This rte is unbelievable. The time allowances are so far out of whack it is impossible to beat it. I put on anywhere from 100 to 120 miles every day this past week. Fri I had 139 stops and worked over 11 hrs. I told my OR I was going to have 140 stops. He said that the computer said 127. I was over 9.5 4 out of 5 days. 2 of them being 10.5+. The only day I was under 9.5 (barely), I had little air (all done in trace) and skipped a 15 min break and ran scratch on 108 stops. Very few pick ups were in compliance. Most of them 1 - 2 hours out of compliance.

ROD, I would tend to agree with you but there are times when it is just plain smarter to take certain short cuts. As I said before, I was NOT the one that suggested nor asked for a call. It was the customer. Stephen owes me an apology for assuming and jumping to conclusions and judging me. Until that happens my original offer stands. *********** (so Over doesn't have to edit again)

Last edited:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
This same rte has a customer that we have to call if we are running late.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
No kidding, it's a method???? WOW I didn't know that. I haven't done my job properly for the last 4 years. :rolleyes2: Excuse me Mr. self proclaimed runner and gunner who has recently found the UPS bible. Don't tell me how to do my job. I know perfectly well how to do it. And I have never had to run and gun to do it.:grrr: I didn't call her, I didn't ask her to call me. She asked me for my phone number. ***********************
running and gunning is tantamount to calling and not showing up.

He keeps up with his **************** and he keeps judging me...............................:nono2:
I'm not judging you, YOU'RE WRONG!

Work smarter, not harder.

If Dilli is covering an area in which the bid driver has an arrangement with an out of the way pickup account and can focus on completing her deliveries and not have to drive out to that P/U for nothing, more power to her.

I suggested to her that she mention this account to her BD as it sounds like an ideal Smart pickup prospect. The pickup would have her weekly charge cut in 1/2 and we wouldn't have to drive out to BFE for nothing if they have nothing going.

Work smarter, not harder, Steven.
The bid driver is not UPS and "arrangements" are not "methods"! Working smarter is driving the allotted miles to give the allotted service.

Dave, thank you for the support. This rte is unbelievable. The time allowances are so far out of whack it is impossible to beat it. I put on anywhere from 100 to 120 miles every day this past week. Fri I had 139 stops and worked over 11 hrs. I told my OR I was going to have 140 stops. He said that the computer said 127. I was over 9.5 4 out of 5 days. 2 of them being 10.5+. The only day I was under 9.5 (barely), I had little air (all done in trace) and skipped a 15 min break and ran scratch on 108 stops. Very few pick ups were in compliance. Most of them 1 - 2 hours out of compliance.

ROD, I would tend to agree with you but there are times when it is just plain smarter to take certain short cuts. As I said before, I was NOT the one that suggested nor asked for a call. It was the customer. Stephen owes me an apology for assuming and jumping to conclusions and judging me. Until that happens my original offer stands. *********** (so Over doesn't have to edit again)
The time allowances are out of whack because you choose to call the pick up instead of driving the miles to get there. You, my dear, are making your own mess. As far as me apologizing...........Not Gonna Happen, Sistah!!!

This same rte has a customer that we have to call if we are running late.
Have to call if you are running late is not the same as calling so you don't have to go there. I don't know why you're so pissed off, oh, yeah I do, it's because I'm pointing the finger at you, and not some newbie that came on here puffing out their chest.

I Have Spoken!