Current PT plan vs UPS offer

thedownhillEXPRESS

Translation: Someone finally called me out for my straw-man Obamacare potshots and I can't find any credible sources that weren't cooked up by a Koch Brothers funded study so I'm going to peace out.

I have very mixed feelings about Obamacare but the constant chant of "Blame it [UPS' health care proposals] on Obama!" is getting tired. This is nothing more than a corporate money grab that's able to use the muddled waters of Obamacare as a cover.

Yes it is.

Put the politics aside and come together with your union people!!

Listen to your stewards and union leaders...

jim50321

I hope hall and the negotiating committee understand how many dues paying members they will lose if the contract contains such an onerous health care package for part-timers. I have talked to numerous part-time union members and to a person have told me they would leave the union so they can apply the dues money to pay for the health care. As far as most of them are concerned there is no reason to be in the union if this is the result they get for paying dues.

As I talked about in a thread I started back in February the company's proposals are all about divide and conquer. Find a set of proposals that full timers will accept no matter what it does to part timers. Since it has always been the case that full timers vote in enough numbers to carry the contract, the company only needs to find the tipping point. If the negotiating committee allows those proposals in the contract for a vote than it's pretty much a done deal. I just don't know if Hall and Hoffa quite understand the long term ramifications for the union if they screw over the part time membership.

saintrick

Please tell us which part(s) of the AFCA will impact UPSers in 2014.

Before the health care law, insurance companies could remove enrolled children usually at age 19, sometimes older for full-time students. Now, most health plans that cover children must make coverage available to children up to age 26. By allowing children to stay on a parent's plan, the law makes it easier and more affordable for young adults to get health insurance coverage.
Your children can join or remain on your plan even if they are:

• married
  • not living with you
  • attending school
  • not financially dependent on you
  • eligible to enroll in their employer’s plan

moreluck

golden ticket member
I find it ironic that she mentioned TDU----talk about a less than credible source of information.

That was the point.....whoosh!!! when you only accept the TDU as your truth (one source)..........you never hear the news from the real world.

Now I have to watch Pit Bulls & Parolees.

Don't bother mentioning TMZ........I will use them for Hollywood star gossip because the WSJ doesn't have much of that and WZ is a collection of sources. I'm not going to name them again, but it's more than 10 legit news sites.

I tried to be "in & out" quickly by just posting a year.....so those that think it's 2018 won't be surprised in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017. You had to drag this out ....always starting something with your snide comments.

The Sat.T V programming is more interesting than you.

jim50321

Just talked to one of our stewards who was on the conference call today. thumbnail he gave me was their was mostly agreement on surepost but no response from the company on Teamster proposals about harrasment. The company and union are light years apart on wages. As far as health care goes he told me the creative solution Hall had talked about is the Union taking over the health care plan. No info on what that might cost or the quality of coverage. He told me Hall said the union gave the company three options on health care. First, take the current proposal off the table (I suppose that means maintain status quo) second, allow the union to take over health care and third the union walk away from the table. the negotiations are supposed to be wrapped up by the 31st. He also said Hall was doubtful that could be accomplished and at that time the union would walk away from the table if the company did not accept union proposals.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Maybe you should refrain from posting about that which you are not up to speed on.
2014 is what I posted.

It is well documented that the biggest shock will be that year and Obamacare will be fully in place in 2020. I am up to speed and am enlightening others. Oooooo Brad's World is on !!!

FAVREFAN

Striking won't repeal Obamacare. We missed that chance again in November. I don't want to give up our great healthcare either but unfortunatly that was done three years ago. Now it just washing out in the contract.
Oh boy, this guy again.
Where the hell did you come from anyways?
Have you ever seen Debbie Downer on SNL?
That's you man, lol.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I hope hall and the negotiating committee understand how many dues paying members they will lose if the contract contains such an onerous health care package for part-timers. I have talked to numerous part-time union members and to a person have told me they would leave the union so they can apply the dues money to pay for the health care. As far as most of them are concerned there is no reason to be in the union if this is the result they get for paying dues.

As I talked about in a thread I started back in February the company's proposals are all about divide and conquer. Find a set of proposals that full timers will accept no matter what it does to part timers. Since it has always been the case that full timers vote in enough numbers to carry the contract, the company only needs to find the tipping point. If the negotiating committee allows those proposals in the contract for a vote than it's pretty much a done deal. I just don't know if Hall and Hoffa quite understand the long term ramifications for the union if they screw over the part time membership.

Call me cookie but they get $250.00 each per new member

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"

Call me cookie but they get $250.00 each per new member i.e you leave they get a new hire and he pays a initiation fee of 250 fazoules after his seniority date and the company gets a $9.00 employee instead of your 9 year rate.