Currently waiting for a COD

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Isn't it almost 2014? Why the hell do they still allow CODs? Even weenies without credit can get a pre-paid debit card or get paid on a "re-loadable" card.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Kill me now... I swear, some stores on my route take FOREVER to write a check that should take 25 seconds.

Do you have other deliveries adjacent to this stop? If so, write down the COD amounts and shipper names and give that to the slow check writer. Run off the other stops----this should give the SCW time to write the checks. If she hasn't written them by the time you get back tell her you will be back tomorrow and sheet them as NM1.

UPSGUY72

There one local video game game store on one of the routes I cove that gets COD's all the time. They always have the the checks or MO ready to go when I get there. It's great no waiting.

cino321

Do you have other deliveries adjacent to this stop? If so, write down the COD amounts and shipper names and give that to the slow check writer. Run off the other stops----this should give the SCW time to write the checks. If she hasn't written them by the time you get back tell her you will be back tomorrow and sheet them as NM1.

Thanks boss! Most of my customers want to see the package so they have somewhat of an idea what they're writing a check for.

The Driver

I drive.
I have a couple of stops that have me send-again three times before they have me deliver that final time only to just stand around waiting for them to hurry up and take their sweet, sweet time writing six different checks for one $6,000 payment. Unbelievable. Oh, and they always post-date them by about four months. :funny:

Indecisi0n

I have a couple of stops that have me send-again three times before they have me deliver that final time only to just stand around waiting for them to hurry up and take their sweet, sweet time writing six different checks for one $6,000 payment. Unbelievable. Oh, and they always post-date them by about four months. :funny:
You accept post dated checks?

The Driver

I drive.
Yeah, the supervisor that trained me on this route said to just Z-scan it and make sure there's a date. He said a date's a date, not our problem.

I personally think it's questionable.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I want to know though, why in 2013 have we not embedded the COD amount in the tracking number so that when I scan the package the amount doesn't automatically generate in the COD column?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
NM1 at the first sign they can't get the check in the next 2 mins from first contact. They then know the next two times between the next 48hrs they should have a check or the box goes back, or they can get it at will call. Be in control of the situation at all times and they'll meet you at the door with your checks going forward. I'm not mean or rude about it, it's just fact that they are not ready.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In the example I gave I have a smoke shop (drug paraphenalia) next door to a (tree hugger) food co-op. The smoke shop gets the COD's. I write down the shipper name, COD amount and will add CC/MO as needed. I hand the list to the owner. I then go back to the pkg car to deliver the co-op. By the time I finish that delivery and deliver the smoke shop the checks are sitting there waiting for me. If the pkg is CC/MO and she doesn't have payment she will send her husband to get them and I will swing by later that day. Yeah, I could stand there and watch her write 1 to as many as 6 checks, but why would I do that if I can run off a stop in the mean time? The only reason I swing back is I have to drive by there while doing my pickups.