Custom Charge question ?

PowerMan

Hi

I live in Canada and recently I bought an item from an ebay seller in US. he offered me to use UPS. Item price is 450$ and the shipping is about 140$ from US to Canada using Worldwide ExpeditedSM .

As far as this shipping is importing to canada Does UPS Worldwide ExpeditedSM service includes Custom charge for the package ? I don't want to pay additional to UPS when I'll receive the item .

worldwide

Powerman,

Did you call UPS or go to the UPS Canada website for the answer? Why not go direct to the source?

http://www.ups.com/content/ca/en/shipping/cost/zones/customs_clearance.html?WT.svl=SubNav

1-800-PICK-UPS

UPS offers free routine customs clearance of UPS Worldwide Express Plus UPS Worldwide Express UPS Worldwide Express Saverand UPS Worldwide Expedited.

Customers are responsible for payment of duties and taxes. When funds are not provided in advance by the customer, and UPS must post a bond to allow UPS shipments to be released in advance of payment to the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA), a fee of 2.7 percent (minimum $5.85) of the amount advanced by UPS will be charged. To avoid bond fees call 1-800-PICK-UPS and ask about our EFT plans.

PowerMan

Im a little unfamiliar with UPS but this link shows that custom fee is cleared using all the Non-standard UPS services . anyway I also think that it is better to contact them directly .

Thanks for your helpful info.