Customary peak thread

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It's no trouble at all. Mine meets me at a bulk pickup stop in the morning and I drop him off after we have closed out that stop that night.
You use them during pickups?? They want us to use them for 3 hours in the morning, drop em off during pickups then pick them up again after 5...

whenIgetthere

The main reason why it helps is that they can do most of the doc sort and all of the offloading/splitting so we can have nearly every driver at their truck during the sort.

Runners here last year did nothing during the sort but get in the way. Thankfully, the guy who loads my truck does a very good job, as I am still on my usual sort position during peak.

outtatime

Thankfully last peak DRA was working the entire time so it made loading way easier. However, the Mon and Tue before xmas DRA gave me 25 and 140 (in a Sprinter) and that's with leaving the building at 10am. That was a crazy 2 days, but it was a nice tight resi area and I could do about 22-25 an hour.

dex 84

Runners here last year did nothing during the sort but get in the way. Thankfully, the guy who loads my truck does a very good job, as I am still on my usual sort position during peak.

That's unfortunate. For us it worked great. They scanned all the paper, scanned and split the belt, and offloaded the trucks.

SmithBarney

I guess a helper/jumper might save 5 seconds a stop...if you have a resi stop they run up and drop
while you get the next package ready for the next stop.
Doesn't matter we aren't getting any here, or at least we haven't heard about it...

Purplepackage

I guess a helper/jumper might save 5 seconds a stop...if you have a resi stop they run up and drop
while you get the next package ready for the next stop.
Doesn't matter we aren't getting any here, or at least we haven't heard about it...

Our schedule for next week has all of our swings running overflow for Monday-Wednesday as though they are expecting to get slammed already

ihatewinter

It would be easier if you got a second powerpad for your runner. If they have to get a sig you can't deliver while they're in the stop. Unless you just code up some packages ahead of time and drop them off. I don't get a runner anyways...

That's what I ended up doing. I pre scanned like 6 packages and told the helper to driver these apartment complexes.

It will be fine

Our schedule for next week has all of our swings running overflow for Monday-Wednesday as though they are expecting to get slammed already
Just found out we are starting full Ground service this Saturday. I didn't check the calendar so I assumed it was after Thanksgiving like always. Not sure what we'll do on Monday if we actually run Saturday.

Purplepackage

Just found out we are starting full Ground service this Saturday. I didn't check the calendar so I assumed it was after Thanksgiving like always. Not sure what we'll do on Monday if we actually run Saturday.

I assume both divisions are just preparing for the worst, but I am noticing at express that volume is starting to pick up more than it usually has in the past

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag

Yikes, just found out ( HD )we're going to the 6-day workweek starting this coming Monday... ouch! I thought the madness starts on black Friday

STFXG

We got killed with Amazon last Saturday. They are already bringing stuff back that the post office can't handle. Too much volume for them already.