Customer cash gifts

That's where I am at now. 2nd on the seniority list for utility drivers. I love it when the morning sup assigns rtes willy-nilly. I take the one I want which is often not the one thats been assigned. It's funny as hell when I get an ODS pu during the day and send it back to the center because they sent it to the wrong rte. LOL
I am actually number three but the #1 has been out on comp for 5 years or more (she's never coming back but the company has yet to remove her from the roaster) and the #2 guy has been on and off comp for a couple of years, returning just enough to get vacations and stay vested in retirement. So basically I've been number one most of the time. The funny thing for me is that I usually get to work about 15 minutes before start time and the areas have already been assigned. The guy just under me on the cover list tells the sups that "Trplnkl" will take this one and I'll take that one. LOL, he's usually right too.
I think I get all the ODSes in whatever loop I'm working in and have to send them back with the correct drivers name. What a pain in the butt.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I meant to say before that the "the have nots apprciate it (your service) more than the haves." I must havebeen sleepy when i posted the first time.

beentheredonethat

I returned to work this past October. I decided to give anything I got for Christmas gifts to the driver who covered my route while I was out. I didn't think it was fair to him if I kept them. Some people think I am crazy (that's been proven by the "experts"), but feel like I'm doing what is right.

Similar story, about 7 years ago, I was sent to help out a ctr. The route I covered, was one where the driver hurt his leg pretty bad. (Tore some kind of ligament\muscle) Not sure exactly. Well I cover the guys route at peak, I got about 5 cash tips a day and it was in a pretty nice area.. Had about $500 by the end of week. Before I left ctr to go home after peak was over. I did my last "delivery" to the drivers house and dropped it off. I figured it wouldn't be right to keep it. Turns out he was in a situation where he needed the money so I was glad I was able to get his address from the ctr and give him this Christmas present.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I meant to say before that the "the have nots apprciate it (your service) more than the haves." I must havebeen sleepy when i posted the first time.

I saw your little green light on, way late last night. Trouble sleeping or just catching up on here?

I've never shared my tips with anyone besides my wife and kids. My family really loves the homemade stuff we get, cookies, cakes, etc... The money and gift cards usually come in handy for dinner out or last minute gifts. Beer, wine and other alcoholic stuff usually goes to the mechanic. Not really great at budgeting, thus far in our lives, so we live really close from paycheck to paycheck.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I saw your little green light on, way late last night. Trouble sleeping or just catching up on here?

I'm not a real big fan of sleeping. I would go to bed at 2am everyday if I could. that's when I went to bed last night. During the week i have o force myself to go to bed before midnight. Sundays are worse since we start earlier on Mondays. Thnaks for the concern though.

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm not a real big fan of sleeping. I would go to bed at 2am everyday if I could. that's when I went to bed last night. During the week i have o force myself to go to bed before midnight. Sundays are worse since we start earlier on Mondays. Thnaks for the concern though.

I sleep like a baby most nights. (Up every 4 hours):peaceful:

I've never shared my tips with anyone besides my wife and kids. My family really loves the homemade stuff we get, cookies, cakes, etc... The money and gift cards usually come in handy for dinner out or last minute gifts. Beer, wine and other alcoholic stuff usually goes to the mechanic. Not really great at budgeting, thus far in our lives, so we live really close from paycheck to paycheck.
And there is not one thing wrong with that Steve, The customers gave you that to show appreciation for the fine job YOU did for them. They intended for you and your family to enjoy.

LiL"Comet"

For those of you who are Paying It Forward!!!! :wink2::happy-very:

Last year this time if it were not from my fellows drvrs, sups, admin, etc. my children would not have had a Christmas. So this year because what was done for us we are going to Pay it Forward it's great cuz my kids are learning a very good lesson. Went to work last Thursday morning thanked the drvrs again (during PCM) for last yr & it would never be forgotten....

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
My cash gifts go into the corner of my wallet labeled "BM only". The booze goes in my basement rathskeller. Candy I leave in the check in room at work for them to gobble up.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Lil' Comet, we have 2 families our center is adopting this year as we do every year. One family is 2 part time UPSer's and their children who lost everything in a fire. I haven't had the chance to make the "Christmas Delivery" to one of these families yet but I understand it's quite emotional.

BigBrownSanta

Most of my gifts get spread around. Cash goes in my wallet. Chocolates get eaten throughout the day by my helper and myself. Gift cards go to my helper on Christmas Eve, that is, if they show up. Cookies and candy go to the OMS's when I get in at night.

LiL"Comet"

That's great I love to hear when people are helped!!! Kudos to you guys & gals!!! I just received my info I needed yesterday from a local orphanage I'm adopting a brother and sister to buy for. On my way now to go and start shopping for them I was told they came in with only the clothes on their little backs. Stevie is 9 yrs but told he looks like a 4 yr old because he has been so malnutricened his entire life and Lily 7 is very scared of people.

Not sure of how things will work out but my heart tells me there's something more coming with this .....

My kids are out of school next week so we are going to the orphanage to volunteer...:peaceful::wink2::happy-very:

ol'browneye

This wasn't cash but it sure was a wonderful gift. On Tuesday we had freezing rain on the ground and it was snowing on top of it. Temps in the 20's. A retired mail carrier and his mail carrier wife (who just happened to have that day off) were home when I delivered to them. She answered the door and asked me to hold on for a minute, she had something for me. She came back with a large insulated mug full of hot homemade chicken noodle soup and one of those little plastic spork thingies to eat it with! Boy did that hit the spot!

LiL"Comet"

36_15_61.gif
Truer words were never spoken.

36_15_63.gif
SOOOOO True