Customer cash gifts

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
So how do ya'll (did I get that right TRPL?) get those cool smilies? I've been mooned and now Comet has the cool Santa and Elf! I like our smilies but they are getting boring.

tiegirl

tiegirl
:happy-very:I am totally touched by your story. How thoughtful of you to have such an idea to take what was given to you as a gift for you, by your customers, that you take it and buy food to give to someone who really needed the food. The world would be a better place if there were more people like you to be so thoughtful of other people. The saying of what comes around goes around would definately be a positive meaning for a guy like you. Hopefully the police will always remember the generous UPS guy who gave away his gift to make a Merry Christmas for a family who otherwise would not have much to be merry about.

This is the time of year when we start getting gifts from customers. On Friday, a longtime customer gave me an envelope with $25.00 cash in it. Knowing this fella has a big family and lives modestly I tried to convince him there was no need to. He insisted,stuffed the envelope in my pocket and closed the door.

A poster some time ago had a thread under "Best gifts received from customer at Xmas" or something like that. Someone posted something that stuck with me even today..quote "Cash gifts usually come from resi delivery or people with small businesses and not from big companies" end quote. So true!

With today's spiraling economy, I decided to make this gift go far. My local food store has a promotion that for ten dollars you can fill an oversized grocery bag with non-perishable food. They variety they choose to fill is really impressive so I threw in $5.00 and bought three bags (also using store discount card).

As luck would have it, our Police department is in the middle of a food drive. And, when you think about it who would know better than your local police who deal with family's in need. When I arrived with my booty, the officer receiving the goods says "You must be blessed to give so generously this time of year", you will in turn feed 3 to 4 families with these.

I cannot tell you what a great feeling that was. We are blessed with the income we make which is the top scale in the industry we choose to work in.

This is where my cash gifts are going this year and hope you all would do the same.

tiegirl

tiegirl
This is the time of year when we start getting gifts from customers. On Friday, a longtime customer gave me an envelope with $25.00 cash in it. Knowing this fella has a big family and lives modestly I tried to convince him there was no need to. He insisted,stuffed the envelope in my pocket and closed the door.

A poster some time ago had a thread under "Best gifts received from customer at Xmas" or something like that. Someone posted something that stuck with me even today..quote "Cash gifts usually come from resi delivery or people with small businesses and not from big companies" end quote. So true!

With today's spiraling economy, I decided to make this gift go far. My local food store has a promotion that for ten dollars you can fill an oversized grocery bag with non-perishable food. They variety they choose to fill is really impressive so I threw in $5.00 and bought three bags (also using store discount card).

As luck would have it, our Police department is in the middle of a food drive. And, when you think about it who would know better than your local police who deal with family's in need. When I arrived with my booty, the officer receiving the goods says "You must be blessed to give so generously this time of year", you will in turn feed 3 to 4 families with these.

I cannot tell you what a great feeling that was. We are blessed with the income we make which is the top scale in the industry we choose to work in.

This is where my cash gifts are going this year and hope you all would do the same.