Customer Complaint because I did not speak Spanish!

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Back to the OP--from what you have told us here you did nothing wrong. I hope that you put the package on will call as there is no way that you should make a 2nd attempt.

There you go!! Make your own rules to suit yourself. Nevermind the methods or company written policies. As long as it helps make your life easier it must be OK!!

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Screw 'em.

I'd mark the package as refused and have it sent back.

If these idiots come to our country then learn to speak ENGLISH!

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I asked the driver who runs that route (except when it's cut) and he said he has had the same problem withj these individuals. He said they understand english pretty well,but can be choosy when they decide to SPEAK it .

I just laugh and add it to million stories I have about this job

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
3 corporate complaints and you would make a second attempt?? Have fun.
They seem to be able to either speak English well enough to communicate their displeasure with the service provided or spoke to someone who speaks Spanish at the 1-800 call center. Either way, I could care less about the complaint as I'm not a sup and don't have to handle it. I get paid to try and deliver boxes according to UPS policies.

TUT

I was delivering a Mobile Home park yesterday that isnt on my route but is part of the weekly Slash Routes that is Monday and had a COD. The consignee came to the door and reached for the package,i told her no, i had to collect a COD and it had to be certified funds. She became agitated and spoke rapid fire spanish,and pointed again at package. I told her again what was required and she got MAD. She yelled to the back of the Mobile home,and a guy came up speaking really fast and while i didnt understand him i could tell he was pissed off. I told him it was COD,certified funds,and he put his finger in my face,and they BOTH yelled at me but I kept a smile on my face the whole time

It was time to go,so i filled out an info notice and said i'd be back tomorrow. The guy was calling me names like poota and kaybrawn or something like that. I'm sure he wasnt telling me happy birthday

Got in this morning and had 3 Corporate complaints saying that i 'refused to speak spanish' with them( you cant make this stuff up) ,they were demanding in the future to have a Spanish speaking driver deliver to them and they complained that i wouldnt take cash( this one got me stymied,maybe they understood me but couldnt speak, who knows??)

Once start time rolled around my supervisor asked me about it,and i told him i speak english but NO spanish, sorry. I then asked him how i could improve the situation the next time i had a COD for them, maybe if he spoke Spanish he could come ride with me!
He had no answer other than to get to work

This story scares me, no joke.

bigbrownhen

Usually when "Spanish speaking" customers are getting a delivery that is COD, they have the money order on hand already for the correct amount. I've had very few problems with those types of deliveries.

In this situation, I would not re attempt delivery. Seemed to be a "unsafe work enviornment". They can come pick up their stuff from now on.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Usually when "Spanish speaking" customers are getting a delivery that is COD, they have the money order on hand already for the correct amount. I've had very few problems with those types of deliveries.

In this situation, I would not re attempt delivery. Seemed to be a "unsafe work enviornment". They can come pick up their stuff from now on.

Except, you don't get to make decidions at UPS. Only work as instructed. We are not smart enough to make decisions. We are just a bunch of stupid, overpaid truck drivers!!