Customer gifts.

ups1990

I've received about the same amount of gifts as last year. A couple of gift cards, Starbucks and Target. Money, wine(don't drink) and a bunch of cookies. The QVC and HSN Ladies only come out during Christmas to hand you a gift, the helper ends up taken the money since he's the one running. Fine by me, they need it more than me.

Any of you getting gifts?

TheDick

I deliver to a small rich folk town, and yeah my gifts are down a little this year. I might clear a couple hundred cash maybe

NEFARIOUS

BOTTOM FEEDER
When I used to drive the 2 weeks before x-mas I would come home every day with money,wine,food, and cash miss that part about being on road.:sad-very:

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
I used to score a 750ml bottle of black label Jack Daniels from the owner of the local machine shop. I always made sure his deliveries and pickups went smooth. I also always scored cookies and slices of cake from the menninite familys in the area.

whiskey

$750 in cash and 25 assorted gifts, including many bottles of booze. That's how it used to be. Tips are down 75% this year from the pre 2000 era. Or the roaring 90's. I've kept records on tips going back to 1977.

StopTheAct

i got a Few $20's which is appreciated!!
but there are a few People Who get stuff EveryDay.. that are very Dissapointing!! Not mad at them and I dont Expect anything.. im doing My Job..
and i will still provide the great service, as Usual!
But these people got Mega $$$$. $20 is Loose change for them!!

Diego

Bourbon balls,$30 restuarant gift cards, homemade candy, I would **** if I racked in a couple hundred bucks. It is nice to get stuff, but sometimes I feel bad cause I know the company some of these ladies work for is not giving them out, it is coming out of thier own pocket. And really they do not have to, but it does tend to make me take good care of them ;)

M

Meliorate

Bourbon balls,$30 restuarant gift cards, homemade candy, I would **** if I racked in a couple hundred bucks. It is nice to get stuff, but sometimes I feel bad cause I know the company some of these ladies work for is not giving them out, it is coming out of thier own pocket. And really they do not have to, but it does tend to make me take good care of them ;)
You must wear shorts and have a nice tush.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
No tips lately but a lonely housewife did pull her shirt up as I passed by...........just kidding, this isn't Penthouse forum.

Cash gifts are down but food,homemade cookies,fresh baked bread are always a surprise to get as customers reward our excellent service.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
$50 gift card to Texas roadhouse, $20 gift card to Dillons/Kroger food stores, $125 gift card to Redwing shoes, Nuts, Candies, A whole smoked ham, and free lunch almost everyday for the last 5 or 6 days. Oh yea my favorite, the new playboy calender from a local machine shop!!!

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
<sigh> No money tips in Feeders, but a couple good "shows" on the highway.

Yeah, that is definitely a minus in feeders, no tips.

I used to do pretty good back in the day. One year, I was able to buy my wife a TAG Heuer watch with my tip money!

Those were the days...which despite no tips now, I don't miss at all :happy2:.

There`s still tips out there from some of the pickup accounts to be had. The freeway tips can be fun though. To bad we`re not cement truck drivers,I hear they get the really wild flashers.:surprised:

probellringer

my favorite gift story was the guy who gave me an am/fm radio ---he was really proud of it ---like he spent some money on me......too bad it was from the bank across the street that gave it out as a gift for opening a new account---and as luck would have it--i delivered all those boxes of radios to the bank a week before....i know-its the thought that counts....enjoy...just happy to make people smile this time of year

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
Those were the days...which despite no tips now, I don't miss at all :happy2:.
Yep. . . . No matter how you slice it driver - a years worth of package car misery just to get a few hundred bucks of tip money at Christmastime just isn't worth it. :funny: Rolling at night and not dealing with the public is worth its weight in gold.:peaceful:

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
If I had to chose between the tips and feeders, Feeders would win every time. Plus, the view can be stimulating at times.....Even for mexican concrete truck drivers on the west coast.

barnyard

KTM rider
I've received 4 lbs of coffee. About the same as last year.

My helper busted his butt, so I got him a 10 lb ham from the local meat market.