Customer help - left behind package overnight air

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
$2 crap I order from Verizon with Saturday delivery (for free I might add) needs a signature.

Okay, its from B&H PHOTO, and when i ordered an $1800 camera from them it could have been DR'd. So seeing as its a Sig required I suspect it is a pretty expensive item. Thats all

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

mrl72, I would like to ask you a favor. Please call the toll free number (1-800-742-5877) and ask that a complimentary concern be sent to the center team for all that they did for you.

I'm glad things worked out for you. Dave.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I'm glad you got it, I noticed the tracking number had "204" as the service level. That sounds like a Second Day Air instead of Next Day Air, I'm not sure. My son does video work, he buys a lot from that company. Thanks to everybody that tried to help our customer.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Scratch, the service level was 24, which is NDA signature required. The tracking number is not changed when they do a Saturday upgrade. The shipper will be charged the $10 Saturday air surcharge which I assume will be passed along to the consignee.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Is that not a "No charge" upgrade? I can't see the stickers well enough.

But, since We screwed it up, how does that fee then get passed on to the consignee? Had we not messed up in the first place he would have had it yesterday and there would have been no need for an upgrade

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Just a thought. When a customer calls the 800 number they should be asked to provide a zip code. The call should then be routed directly to the Center handling that zip. Lord knows there are enough people milling around the office all day that most inquiries could be handled alot faster then routing the calls through Outer Mongolia or Butte MT.

BURMDPsupe

"Does anyone know why the package wasn't delivered on Friday?"

Could be the driver that picked up the package did not make it back to the building before the air trailer left. Could have been mis-sorted and missed the air trailer and scanned as LIB.

M-

Last edited:
View attachment 6293

Well look what just showed up!!

BIG BIG thanks to everyone on this forum who contributed to this thread and gave advice and without it I would have been waiting until Monday. Lesson learned though, I won't be leaving it until last minute to ship something overnight especially before a weekend!

Thanks again and have a great weekend all!

Thank you for your honesty and self responsibility.