Customer is always right, right

O

OLDMAN3

Have you Union rep with you and demand that you never have to interact with this jerk again. I have had 2 encounters like this over the years. It is in UPS's best interest that you never have to deal with him again.

MethodsMan

but the tings being said about ups as a whole I dont know why I care, upset me, and the things he called me. It was disgusting. From a loser who sells pez, collecting ssi as a hobby. LOL My hubby has 60% of his heart and doesnt collect ssi.

Thick skin. I've had to deal with a few fire breathers. We deal with the real world, in the real world there is great people and there is rotten ones.

O

OLDMAN3

Spitting in the face is considered assault in many states. You may want to weigh the repercussions of filing charges... Likelihood of continued harassment, UPS changing your route to avoid farther contact etc. etc. Usually a quiet solution is best though.

What a complete jerk!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Have you Union rep with you and demand that you never have to interact with this jerk again. I have had 2 encounters like this over the years. It is in UPS's best interest that you never have to deal with him again.
It definetely is in their best interest. I know he called, and posted it in social media. I also Know I did not abuse his pkg. He says he wishes he had a video, so do I. It would show what a savage animal he was. I know on the internet you dont know me. I am the most kind person you would know. I dont know why, my Momma taught me to be that way. I wanted to kick his ass. Period. Instead I drove away in tears, all fricking day.

O

OLDMAN3

It definetely is in their best interest. I know he called, and posted it in social media. I also Know I did not abuse his pkg. He says he wishes he had a video, so do I. It would show what a savage animal he was. I know on the internet you dont know me. I am the most kind person you would know. I dont know why, my Momma taught me to be that way. I wanted to kick his ass. Period. Instead I drove away in tears, all fricking day.
Your kind demeanor comes through in your past postings. May God bless you.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Words like "harassment", "hostile work enviorment" and "verbal abuse" need to be part of your vocabulary at this point.

If you have a customer who is harassing and verbally abusive, be assertive and inform your management team what is happening and that you will NOT set foot on that customers property any longer.

Good luck and hang in there.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Sober, I think I will take my dog to work, and no one will screw with me, amen. Like your sig line
022.JPG

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I have never ever in my life been called the names he called me, and I thought he was gonna hit me, game over. big rock laying close to me, I decided not to use it, thought my center would basck me up ya know 30 yrs service, they kinda know me, not a frickinb thing, except I am all over fb
So you're saying this mans packages will forever go immediately to will call from now on.

Future

Victory Ride
Customers can be dicks. Sometimes is hard to bite your lip. Its just not in my nature.

Had this Butch looking chick the other day absolutely ream me for delivering a package to her business that wasn't in the best of shape. Acting like I was the sole reason her package looked like crap. I looked down at the package for the return address and it came from Connecticut (on the complete opposite side of the country) and said, do you think I'm the only person who's touched this package the entire time it came from Connecticut? She, or he, or whatever the hell it was looked at me dumbfounded like a light bulb came on.

Whoa?
Before even trying to deliver it, because it wasnt in "The best Of Shape" sheeted as missed....notify sup as 2 y it was missed

AKCoverMan

but the tings being said about ups as a whole I dont know why I care, upset me...

Tooner I am really sorry you had to deal with this idiot. In my life outside of UPS I umpire youth, high school and adult softball. I've officiated sports since I was a kid, it's something I really enjoy but I've certainly had the opportunity to watch far too many people go over the top bringing out the a-hole.

Of course, when your the umpire you can simply toss these kind of creeps out the game! As others have said I totally think you should do the next best thing: never visit this address again.

It's very sad that your center manager isn't bothering to even call you back. Hopefully your local will support you. I would write down a very detailed account of your encounter with this jerk wad complete with as many direct quotes of his verbal abuse and spitting (!!) on you. Provide this to management and the union. Either another driver will have to go to this location or everything goes to will call. But no way should you be expected to have anything to do with this address ever again.

As to why things he said about our company bother you.. I believe at the end of the day no matter how much the cubical dwellers try to friend it up people like you and me and many many others (yes even including some management!) value our company and our customers. We feel like we are more than just hired hands, we ARE the business. So an insult against our business is an insult against us.

Tomorrow, try not to fixate on this fool. I feel certain you have many customers who appreciate what you do for them and over the years have had many very positive experiences with grateful customers. This is a good time to reflect back on those people and forget this piece of work.

We had a similar incident with a guy who is one of those tool distributors out of his mobile tool store on wheels I'm sure you know the type. Peak season a year ago something went down involving a seasonal driver. Now, none of us set foot on the guys property. He was having to drive into the city to our center 40 miles each way to get his 10-25 boxes every other day. Finally he made a deal with a mechanic near his home to be a drop point for his stuff. Hopefully something like that happens in your center.

I hope your Friday goes well and you have a great weekend. Let us know what happens with deliveries to this location in the future.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I would write a complete synopsis of what happened at that delivery. Hand it to the union and management, and say because I was threatened violence and scared to death, I will never deliver there again.

Every AM, all packages for that stop would be on the belt.

Re-Raise

I would write a complete synopsis of what happened at that delivery. Hand it to the union and management, and say because I was threatened violence and scared to death, I will never deliver there again.

Every AM, all packages for that stop would be on the belt.
This ... Make it clear you feel returning to that stop would be UNSAFE.

You can't control the idiots in the world Tooner.. all you can control is how you let them affect you. Don't let this clown get to you

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Hey Tooner, Im off next week. Do you want me to go bust his knee caps? Seriously I wouldnt deliver to that add ever again. Sorry your mgmt team wont back you.

Sent using BrownCafe App