Customer is always right, right

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I can't believe your management team won't back you up. Then they wonder why senior drivers count the days until retirement and they have part timers hesitant about going driving.

turdbrown

He yelled,
screamed and spit in my face. Thats how I found out
Screw that! You do not get paid to deal with verbal abuse and assault! I hope that your steward will get something done for you. Maybe you can request that you do not want to del. there again because you fear for your safety. When they start yelling, I tell them that they do not have the right to talk to me that way. If they continue, I will tell them that I am gonna leave if they continue. If they do I put the pkg back in the car, I'm gone. Refused!

Overpaid Union Thug

but the tings being said about ups as a whole I dont know why I care, upset me, and the things he called me. It was disgusting. From a loser who sells pez, collecting ssi as a hobby. LOL My hubby has 60% of his heart and doesnt collect ssi.

Back when I still wasted time on Facebook and YouTube I would frequently notice people saying ridiculous things about UPS or individual drivers. 99% of the time it was BS. The videos and comments were usually by ignoramuses. It was real bad during the peak debacle. Especially on Amazon and UPS's Facebook pages. I didn't hesitate to chime in wherever I could. I had been banned from UPS's page long before so I couldn't participate there. ;) I honestly don't know how I would have handled your situation. Its different when its live and in person. But I definitely wouldn't let anyone get away with spitting on me. I'm not sure how I would have handled though

Sent using BrownCafe App

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
First of all....to get THAT friggin upset/angry over a stupid package is ridiculous...but for a man to spit on a woman??? Wtf dude....that's someone's mom....unbelievable. Not sure how I would've handled it either....holding back the urge to take that 68 lb package and smash him upside the head with it.....versus the desire to keep my job.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Call me names, scream at me, cuss me out, insult me or my wife or my mother....no problem. I will be the bigger man and just walk away.

Intentionally spit in my face...get ready to be spitting out some teeth.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Toonertoo--

Try not to let this guy take up too much free space in your head. He is the one with the problem, not you. He is obviously a sick, miserable, unhappy person. To the best of your ability, do not allow his actions...or the response from your management team...to affect your own self esteem. Pray for him, and be grateful that you have a husband who loves you and a dog that loves you and that you are able to live your life without being cruel and abusive towards others.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Toonertoo--

Try not to let this guy take up too much free space in your head. He is the one with the problem, not you. He is obviously a sick, miserable, unhappy person. To the best of your ability, do not allow his actions...or the response from your management team...to affect your own self esteem. Pray for him, and be grateful that you have a husband who loves you and a dog that loves you and that you are able to live your life without being cruel and abusive towards others.
+1. Listen. You are a GREAT human being. I am so sorry this happened to you. I will say a prayer for you. Keep on keepin on and everything will get better. I promise.

I visited this persons FB page. Funny how he only describes his opinion of Toon's mishandling of his package yet NONE of how he treated her to rally his FB friends into an anti-UPS/driver rant.

friend this pos.

Packmule

This is why I like to let the bld call customers about bad roads, weather, dogs, whatever. If they claim a clerk was rude it gets dismissed. If they claim a driver was rude, he gets hung out to dry. And no witnesses.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Did you file a police report?
It was offered to me as an option. I said no, at this point it was a day old, and it is a he said she said. And since it took the police an hour to come when I got robbed, Im not losing another hour to this turd. I try to sneak by in life, with as little contact with the law, and the government as possible. He was just being a bully because he had me cornered. Im sure it made him feel so manly, it :villagewrong:Prbably grew an inch, if he even has one.

It was offered to me as an option. I said no, at this point it was a day old, and it is a he said she said. And since it took the police an hour to come when I got robbed, Im not losing another hour to this turd. I try to sneak by in life, with as little contact with the law, and the government as possible. He was just being a bully because he had me cornered. Im sure it made him feel so manly, it :villagewrong:Prbably grew an inch, if he even has one.
That dude had a small penis. I'm sure of it. That's why he is so rude to women. He has to over compensate.

Take it to HR. You "perceive" you're safety to be in danger, it was workplace violence, etc. Keep at it till HR tells you're center manager to get the problem off of you.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
management in our center has very short memories when it comes to abusive "customers" .If they load the stop on you,call the local Police Dept Non Emergency Number and arrange to have an officer present when you deliver. I had a "customer" a few years ago who is Bi Polar and when he wasnt on his meds was a monster. Driving up with the Police stops that crap very quickly.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I told my "team" I am not afraid of him, in public. Just fear for my safety at his house. I called it. I saw him at the convenience store, and he was giving me dirty looks, like he was going to make some announcement to the whole store, and my favorite clerks started gushing all over me, and several customers who adore me...I turned around when I checked out, smiled my big smile at him, and gave him the finger, laughed all the way to my truck. Wimp. That was so much better than a police report.

That dude had a small penis. I'm sure of it. That's why he is so rude to women. He has to over compensate.

He's a coward going after a woman. He's lucky there wasn't someone delivering to him that would beat his ass for what he did.

Edited: That wouldn't beat his ass and possible have some compassion like Toon would.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Take it to HR. You "perceive" you're safety to be in danger, it was workplace violence, etc. Keep at it till HR tells you're center manager to get the problem off of you.
I will talk to him Monday. Our HR sucks. But I do know how not to deliver a pkg, from this point forward.