Customer Request pop-ups ~ Home Delivery

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
yikes, i don't want to be that extreme~ i use CPC alot though... if i get no signal on my smartphone to look up stuff, i text CPC about doing an "address research"

since verizon network in my area is stronger than my current cellphone plan, i usually get a quick reply in 5 min or less. i also let them know to hurry up since i will leave that area in 15~20 min while i'm delivering to other stops.

no DEX 002 or 003 for me in a long while

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
Our customers also have the "right" to request a preferred delivery location; however, we have the "right" to override that if we feel that their choice is not the safest DR location.

I have been told that any time we choose to override that it ends up on a report. I would have no problem justifying my decision.
Exactly... I'm not lugging 3 pieces of put together furniture up their damn stairs.
Oddly, I had a few "never leave by garage" popups on that same street. Turns out my sub did that while I was out on my broken leg time, and the resident backed over a case of expensive wine. Which should have been DSR

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Exactly... I'm not lugging 3 pieces of put together furniture up their damn stairs.
Oddly, I had a few "never leave by garage" popups on that same street. Turns out my sub did that while I was out on my broken leg time, and the resident backed over a case of expensive wine. Which should have been DSR
Why would your sub leave a case of wine at all? It's sig req.

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
He's no longer employed by my group. The house next to this one is a popup "Always Leave by Garage" I guess they walk around naked a lot.

OrioN

Well i got one of these today... looks like FX Ground ~HD gotta get with the times and have this pop up on my scren instead... i wont probably see that at night during peak

20160726_160213.jpg

Cosmetics...

It will be fine

Are HD customers still able to order deliveries as late as 8 pm????
Evening delivery is 5pm. There's no compensation for the contractor, there also doesn't appear to be any consequence for failure. It's just an additional charge with no actual service, Fedex in a nutshell.

dmac1

Evening delivery is 5pm. There's no compensation for the contractor, there also doesn't appear to be any consequence for failure. It's just an additional charge with no actual service, Fedex in a nutshell.
You guys have it so much better than the first HD contractors.

Exec32

Our customers also have the "right" to request a preferred delivery location; however, we have the "right" to override that if we feel that their choice is not the safest DR location.

I have been told that any time we choose to override that it ends up on a report. I would have no problem justifying my decision.
You are mostly correct. It is a "request" I have a choice to do it or not for any reason I choose, after all the customer is requesting this to and from Fedex,,,, not the contractor.

OrioN

Better to take it to the backyard once you got it that far, better than taking it back to the terminal and trying again tomorrow. It will weigh the same tomorrow.

why would you bring it back to the terminal? they're usually driver-releases.... I'm on my 5th hand cart, rather break them than my back or knees

current one has a bad bearing, still waiting for my contractor to get me a replacement wheel assembly, but not gonna hold my breath (had to put big washers on each side to center that wheel on the hub)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The Ground guy on my route left his handcart at a stop. I picked it up and am holding it for ransom.

I can top that-----the Ground guy on my route left his Power Pad at a stop. It sat there for a week----the consignee even called FedEx to have them come pick it up. He showed it to me and I told him I would take care of it, which I did by throwing it in the nearest Express drop box.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I can top that-----the Ground guy on my route left his Power Pad at a stop. It sat there for a week----the consignee even called FedEx to have them come pick it up. He showed it to me and I told him I would take care of it, which I did by throwing it in the nearest Express drop box.
Whatta' guy!