Customer Request pop-ups ~ Home Delivery

CJinx

Customers can sign up for the Delivery Manager on the fedex.com website and enter notes like this (in addition to paid services like evening delivery, appointment, etc). They can also be put in by the clerks at your station via the recipient portal. It is essentially Fedex's version of UPS My Choice.

TeamLift

I've had customers who got upset when I chose not to leave a new computer on their front steps. Better a little po'ed than have it stolen.

They might request front door, but I don't think they want that 600 piece tool set there, still have to use common sense, also, I don't care if it does say front door, if its 80 lbs and 2 flights of stairs its going to the garage.

TeamLift

Well i got one of these today... looks like FX Ground ~HD gotta get with the times and have this pop up on my scren instead... i wont probably see that at night during peak

View attachment 90164

Cosmetics...

I have a customer who has a sign that says she can't bend over to pick up packages so please ring bell and wait for her to come to the door, I laughed, set down her 70 lb package and took off, seen her about a week later, she would dress out about 450 lbs, can't pick up a package but would reach down to the ground to pick up a twinky

Ecw21411

Orion, this is old school but when I first started the senior guys had card files. They were 3" x 5" index cards with notes on "difficult" addresses. The card files were like gold.
That how we done it until edd and Orion but each package car has years of different drivers keeping card files

MassWineGuy

They might request front door, but I don't think they want that 600 piece tool set there, still have to use common sense, also, I don't care if it does say front door, if its 80 lbs and 2 flights of stairs its going to the garage.

That's for sure. But I'm going to knock to see if anyone's in before I lug the package up.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Customers can sign up for the Delivery Manager on the fedex.com website and enter notes like this (in addition to paid services like evening delivery, appointment, etc). They can also be put in by the clerks at your station via the recipient portal. It is essentially Fedex's version of UPS My Choice.

Too much work for the customers, but that's good to know that a station clerk can do this at the computer... dunno why this got a derail sign.

I'll bring it up next week because after i originally posted this, the data i typed in the stop comments section aren't being saved for future deliveries to pop up when i get to the same stop.

My current contractor isnt bringing in new drivers yet, or theyre waiting on the background checks to clear... but i think those applicants cant wait that long and have moved on to better things

So I'll probably stay in my current area for a bit longer... he just have to find a bigger truck for me by peak or find a supplement driver to take over my stuff that i cant cram into my 400 cu ft uhaul. The drivers next to me have standard p700s and i cram my stops for the day wasting time playing Tetris every morning. I told him yo find one that has a gvw of under 10k so i dont have to follow the HOS rules... most p700s are 14 1/2 k in weight

Running to the back rollup door at almost every stop is taking a toll on my shoulder. So,of course, ill have cargo in the cab riding shotgun! Ill tell management its either that or i will code 027 them n leave it on the pallet for another day... yup, they now leave me alone.

dmac1

I told him yo find one that has a gvw of under 10k so i dont have to follow the HOS rules... most p700s are 14 1/2 k in weight
If you aren't under DOT HOS due to vehicle size, you might be covered by overtime laws requiring that your contractor pay time and 1/2, depending on what state you are in.

STFXG

Still have to follow the 14 hour rule even if driving a vehicle under 10k gvw. Only rule it gets rid of is the 70 hour work week.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag

Usually these resis that request FD have those ring doorbells (another thread i made about em a while back) and or surveillance cameras pointing at their porches... im not in any ghetto areas in my current route which is a plus

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I can top that-----the Ground guy on my route left his Power Pad at a stop. It sat there for a week----the consignee even called FedEx to have them come pick it up. He showed it to me and I told him I would take care of it, which I did by throwing it in the nearest Express drop box.
I take it you can't read....it specifically states on Express drop boxes that no Ground packages accepted. That's why I put 'em in UPS db when I find 'em in my db.:D

CJinx

Too much work for the customers, but that's good to know that a station clerk can do this at the computer... dunno why this got a derail sign.
If you want delivery info to print with your manifest, tell the clerk to put it in. Gate codes, preferred drop spot, hostile dog warning, directions, etc. 75 character limit. There is a big push to use this system from the system engineers (somebody wants a BZ, lol).

As for the derail... I have a fan. ;)