Customer states driver was rude!

john346

No more Brown!
The more you stir crap the more it stinks. Let the complaint roll away, but you may think about apologizing to the "little girl" who signed DIAD for you.
Then probably you'll either get her apology right back or she'll have a gripe.

I had a stop to pick up a call tag a few years back at a middle school. I got to the office, the tag said 3 lbs, but the new principal was waiting for me with a four drawer file cabinet with a dent on the lower corner. Un-boxed, a pile of torn up cardboard & straps in the corner, and the lable was from a freight company. I told him that the cabinet needed to be boxed for me to take it & he told me that he didn't have time & it was my job to take it, he wasn't going to deal with it anymore. I told him we really wern't the ones who damaged it but if he'd give me some tape I'd do my best. No tape, certainly I have some, so back out to the car, return with tape gun, he stands there & watches my every move as I try to scab the thing back together, and lug it out of the building. An hour later I get an ODS message asking if I was having a bad day. I call in & hear this horriffic story on how I was such an ass to his personnel, he was a grown man & could take my abuse, but the way I treated his office staff.... perhaps he should call higher up & see if I needed this job. Couldn't beleive it. But as it turns out, he was notorious at UPS, the last school he worked at , he was canned for punching a ref at a basketball game, the entire thing was on the news. In 3 years had called in 14 complaints with the UPS guy there. Further, he was canned 2 years before that by UPS because he couldn't hold a job unloading trailers, so obviously had it in for us anyhow.
The next delivery day, I'm in there again, but he's nowhere in sight, so I apologize to the ladies in the office, but relay that I didn't recall being that upset or rude. They completely apologized to me, they said his office door was open & that they heard the entire complaint process, & realized that the new boss was a total jerk. So I guess my mindset is to just let it slide, management knows your side of it & given enough room they'll hang themselves up with their nusiance complaints.
Oh yea, the next time the principal called in a complaint on me, not only was it a Fed Ex box that was mis-handled, they had his former Sup from UPS to make the follow up call. He washed out here too, and is now one of your other guys problem, sorry!

The more you stir crap the more it stinks. Let the complaint roll away, but you may think about apologizing to the "little girl" who signed DIAD for you.
Then probably you'll either get her apology right back or she'll have a gripe.

I had a stop to pick up a call tag a few years back at a middle school. I got to the office, the tag said 3 lbs, but the new principal was waiting for me with a four drawer file cabinet with a dent on the lower corner. Un-boxed, a pile of torn up cardboard & straps in the corner, and the lable was from a freight company. I told him that the cabinet needed to be boxed for me to take it & he told me that he didn't have time & it was my job to take it, he wasn't going to deal with it anymore. I told him we really wern't the ones who damaged it but if he'd give me some tape I'd do my best. No tape, certainly I have some, so back out to the car, return with tape gun, he stands there & watches my every move as I try to scab the thing back together, and lug it out of the building. An hour later I get an ODS message asking if I was having a bad day. I call in & hear this horriffic story on how I was such an ass to his personnel, he was a grown man & could take my abuse, but the way I treated his office staff.... perhaps he should call higher up & see if I needed this job. Couldn't beleive it. But as it turns out, he was notorious at UPS, the last school he worked at , he was canned for punching a ref at a basketball game, the entire thing was on the news. In 3 years had called in 14 complaints with the UPS guy there. Further, he was canned 2 years before that by UPS because he couldn't hold a job unloading trailers, so obviously had it in for us anyhow.
The next delivery day, I'm in there again, but he's nowhere in sight, so I apologize to the ladies in the office, but relay that I didn't recall being that upset or rude. They completely apologized to me, they said his office door was open & that they heard the entire complaint process, & realized that the new boss was a total jerk. So I guess my mindset is to just let it slide, management knows your side of it & given enough room they'll hang themselves up with their nusiance complaints.
Oh yea, the next time the principal called in a complaint on me, not only was it a Fed Ex box that was mis-handled, they had his former Sup from UPS to make the follow up call. He washed out here too, and is now one of your other guys problem, sorry!
I would have told him "yes it is my job to take the package. However this is not a package. Get it all boxed up, nice and neat and tomorrow I will be more than happy to pick it up. Have a good day Sir."
No way would I have even tried to box the thing, THAT aint my job.

xkingx

the walgreens i delivered 2 was at times slow, but the receiving lady was very nice, so I didnt mind as much..Now they have some lazy butts...so i ring sheet pkgs ring again unload pkgs at their door..ring again they open but they wont sign until i pick them up off the ground and place them on their rollers that are 1/2 a foot away from their back door...
I tell them theyre the worst place I deliver 2...

I hate when i deliver to this one area of all apts..theyre tiny apts..when people get to the door after Ive alreeady filled out the DR notice and slapped it on the door, I say 2 them, man youd think you live in a mansion as long as you take 2 get 2 your door...When in reality it is the projects..

LeddySS98

Thanks for all the feedback/advice and what not... Pretty much everyone had a different way of handling it, from tucking my tail to telling them off.... But in the end I'm gonna give the gold medal to SOBERUPS... I feel he made a excellent point that I could easily go in there try and work things out, and they'd turn arround and say I was in there raping them... So I am not going to confront them, I informed my center manager of my decision, and he was fine with it.

Thx guys.