Customers can't stand regular driver

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
There is an old saying..."never pass up a golden opportunity to keep your mouth shut" and I would suggest that the OP take full advantage of this opportunity in his dealings with the customers on this route.

We are responsible for our own actions, not those of another driver. It is unprofessional and inappropriate for us to take sides against or offer opinions about the behavior of another driver to our customers. If they aren't happy with his/her service it is their responsibility to inform management, and it is management's responsibility to respond to it in an appropriate manner. It is not our responsibility to get involved in any way.

wayfair

swollen member
my customers always remind me to NOT take VACATIONS... they're used to a couple, but others, well , while doing pickups, they whine about not getting any help loading their PC

browntruckmechanic

Well isn't that special ?????????
There was driver in Mesquite that was so hated that, customers called Corporate and told them " If he showed up on their property again he would be arrested for criminal trespassing." Center had to redo that route.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
There's an attractive female driver on this one route whose customers are total dicks to the cover drivers. I can't say one way or the other if it's because she flirts with every guy on the route so they all kiss her ass, or if it's because they all want to get in her pants. But if she's not on the route, all the cover drivers get treated like crap. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when she delivers to see what is really going on.

Attractive for a female driver, or attractive for a woman?

browntroll

i met a cover driver that told me the samething about a route he did, all the customers complained to him about the
regular driver being an a-hole and what not, he wouldnt say hi or even smile at most customers let alone give them the
time of day when it came to whatever it is they wanted to ask. the cover driver begins to tell me the regular driver tries to get
home early to care of his elderly parents who are really sick so he was shocked when he heard all these customers saying
bad things about his friend.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I see what you are saying, point is she good looking no matter what way it was incorrectly worded.

Did she look like this?
ugly woman.jpg

Catatonic

Nine Lives
They are not his customers and he is not their driver ... seems like I remember several people on here saying that.
Don't worry about it, it is not your problem.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Your always going to have a driver that acts like a COCKHEAD on their route. Their usually the runner gunner types that only think about themselves and try to get off early as balls everyday and don't get no xmas bonus at all.

QKRSTKR

There is an old saying..."never pass up a golden opportunity to keep your mouth shut" and I would suggest that the OP take full advantage of this opportunity in his dealings with the customers on this route.

We are responsible for our own actions, not those of another driver. It is unprofessional and inappropriate for us to take sides against or offer opinions about the behavior of another driver to our customers. If they aren't happy with his/her service it is their responsibility to inform management, and it is management's responsibility to respond to it in an appropriate manner. It is not our responsibility to get involved in any way.
Spoken like a true veteran. Great points.

cb1969

Be very careful. As a cover I have heard things just like it before some of it true some of it not and some of it due to circumstances you may not be aware of.

MethodsMan

There's been times where I slow it down on some routes, because I like the driver I'm covering for and don't want to make him look bad. There's also a couple routes I cover and I wonder what the hell they do all day and why do they need other drivers to come take stops off them.

Plus, I make money by the hour. :)

Give me those UPS stores any time.

Last edited:

By The Book

There's been times where I slow it down on some routes, because I like the driver I'm covering for and don't want to make him look bad. There's also a couple routes I cover and I wonder what the hell they do all day and why do they need other drivers to come take stops off them.

Plus, I make money by the hour. :)

Give me those UPS stores any time.
I guess if you were my cover driver I would want you to like me then. I'm a scratch driver over 50 and drive close to the speed limits and before I punch out I take all my personal time. I don't know what you mean by I make money by the hour.

MethodsMan

I guess if you were my cover driver I would want you to like me then. I'm a scratch driver over 50 and drive close to the speed limits and before I punch out I take all my personal time. I don't know what you mean by I make money by the hour.

I always take my personal time. Making money by the hour is a pretty transparent statement.

Reading back on my post it came off as a little arrogant. The point I was trying to get across is that I try and run it and get in at the same times as the bid driver.

Lately I've been stuck on routes with UPS stores which, I like, as I make money by the hour.

By The Book

I always take my personal time. Making money by the hour is a pretty transparent statement.

Reading back on my post it came off as a little arrogant. The point I was trying to get across is that I try and run it and get in at the same times as the bid driver.

Lately I've been stuck on routes with UPS stores which, I like, as I make money by the hour.
I think your doing the right thing then if you are trying to run the routes that you cover like the bid drivers. If you like a little overtime you would get that on mine. I was hoping that you weren't burning some bid drivers routes out because you didn't get along with them. I try to ask my cover drivers to slow it down from like 2.5hours to under an hour bonus. I tell the cover drivers what the bid drivers do is acceptable to management and you don't drive them every day so you kind of have a pass in my eyes. I hope some of this info can help you in the future.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have to laugh when bid drivers beg the cover drivers to not make them look bad.

When I was a cover driver I used to burn up routes as I was trying to get a FT job. This was my future and I didn't care what the bid drivers said or how they felt about me. I used to cover some areas where I wondered what the bid guy did all day.

I find it ironic that I don't have this issue with my cover drivers as none of them can keep up with me.

Rather than criticize the cover driver, perhaps some of you bid drivers need to take a look at what you do (or don't do) out there on a daily basis.