Customers drawing a smiley face as there signature.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If someone is deliberately being a jerk and not taking signing for their package seriously by drawing a smiley face, I just void the signature and walk away with their package. If they don't want to sign I can record it as "refused". Their attitude changes when they have to chase me back to the truck and beg for a second chance. Its one thing when you interrupt a customer who is busy or preoccupied and they just scribble something, but if they are going to waste my time drawing graffiti then I will just RTS the package and move on to the customers who actually want to sign for their packages.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
This is an actual signature by an Asian customer that didn't speak a word of English. I just pull the PAL label and type away in cases like this.
diadsig.jpg

Last edited:

soberups

Is it really worth the hassle? Just clarify the signature using the last name on the package and move on.

Resident know-it-all.
Its no hassle at all for me to RTS their package.

How hard is it for them to grow up, act like an adult, and at least attempt to make some sort of a legitimate signature instead of drawing smiley faces or boobies or wieners on my signature pad?

My experience with these kinds of people is that if you let them get away with it once they will keep doing it. They are trying to provoke some sort of a reaction, and I wont give them one. If they don't want to sign for their package I just walk away and RTS it. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am sometimes given an add/cut which includes a paint store. The owner thinks it's funny when he signs "last name". I just type in his real last name and move on.

Resident know-it-all.

soberups

I guess my attitude about delivery records stems from the fact that I once had to sit in a courtroom and testify under oath about a work-related matter with my delivery records in front of me.

I was trained that the delivery record is a legal document and something to be taken seriously, not a plaything for mental midgets to draw grafitti on.

If you want your package, sign your name. If you dont want your package, draw a smiley face or some boobies and I will RTS it. Its all the same to me.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
This is an actual signature by an Asian customer that didn't speak a word of English. I just pull the PAL label and type away in cases like this.
View attachment 15289
Yeah I have some Asian businesses who do sign that way and when asked their name it's always John or Kevin or something. I used to ask for their non fake American name but it turns out those are always a bitch to spell.

Z

ZQXC

When I have a pkg. for a Vietnamese nail salon I write the name that appears on the label on the pack of my del. notices.

When I leave there, that's the one that signed.
I'm pretty sure, I think.............

Packmule

"Oh, you handed it to me the "right way" the first time!"

Sent using a Potato
Bingo! This by far the most annoying thing to me is customers trying to turn board around to sign. Next in line is when their fingers bump the signature button cause it's located right where their thumb falls! Of course, I can't touch these new boards myself without bumping something and screwing up everything!

soberups

Have you ever been "asked" to go back and reattempt any of those deliveries?

Resident know-it-all.
No, because the customer starts taking me seriously when I start walking back to the truck with their package, and I have never had to actually follow through on RTS'ing anything. As if by magic, they become willing to provide an actual signature and I dont even have to argue with them about it.

Johney

I guess my attitude about delivery records stems from the fact that I once had to sit in a courtroom and testify under oath about a work-related matter with my delivery records in front of me.

I was trained that the delivery record is a legal document and something to be taken seriously, not a plaything for mental midgets to draw grafitti on.

If you want your package, sign your name. If you dont want your package, draw a smiley face or some boobies and I will RTS it. Its all the same to me.
I see your point and back in the day off paper records sure, but I'd be surprised anything signed on a DIAD would ever stand up in court.

I see your point and back in the day off paper records sure, but I'd be surprised anything signed on a DIAD would ever stand up in court.
It Is legal.
Just like when you sign at the store,when using your charge or debit card.
Or when you do you taxes on line.
Its not an exact signature,but the intent is understood!