Customers drawing a smiley face as there signature.

CHALLY9TX

When I have a pkg. for a Vietnamese nail salon I write the name that appears on the label on the pack of my del. notices.

When I leave there, that's the one that signed.
I'm pretty sure, I think.............

Vietnamese? You have 2 choices. Tran or Nguyen. Haven't had a Vietnamese customer whose last name wasn't either of those two.

Sent using BrownCafe App

aiian

I can barely recognize my own signature on the DIAD at turn in.

99% of the time having customers sign for packages is just for show, sort of like taking your shoes off at the airport.

laffter

It makes my blood boil. They say it is how they sign there name. How do you handle these hippies??? I tell them need to spell it. :nono2:

Hippies? They could spit on your DIAD and call it a signature (maybe?). An X qualifies as a signature. Anything you write or draw is a signature. All YOU need to do is ask for their surname and type it in, if you cannot gather what it is based on what they wrote/drew.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Bingo! This by far the most annoying thing to me is customers trying to turn board around to sign. Next in line is when their fingers bump the signature button cause it's located right where their thumb falls! Of course, I can't touch these new boards myself without bumping something and screwing up everything!

If you pay close enough attention, you'll notice, only lefties (I'm a lefty) hit the signature button.

I try to make them feel better by reminding them, we're statistically smarter than our "righty" counterparts. :)

Sent using a Potato

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
If you pay close enough attention, you'll notice, only lefties (I'm a lefty) hit the signature button.

I try to make them feel better by reminding them, we're statistically smarter than our "righty" counterparts. :)

Sent using a Potato
Only because statistically there's less lefties than righties..lol

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Wrong. Lefties hit the button with their knuckles on the hand they're using to hold the stylus and righties hit it with their thumb with the hand holding the diad.
Watch the righties and you'll see what I mean.

Sent from my 28 year old brown truck

brown bomber

brown bomber
I was delivering to a local min-mart on my area that had just had a change of ownership,..I asked the new owner to sign for a delivery, a nice Indian gentleman...as I'm walking away after I've already started enter Patel for the last name...I ask for his last name,...guess what it was TAYLOR ???

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The quality of my customers' signatures is pretty friggin low on the list of complaints on any given work day.
I could care less about the quality of the signature, only that I get one.

A smiley face isn't a signature; it is an act of intentional disrespect on the part of the customer.

FilingBluesFL

heart signature2.jpg

Everyone loves me...

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
You won't have that issue if you control the package(s) until after you get a legible signature. It may take a few times, but you'll eventually train the customer. I hate these types of customers.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Has anyone inspected the birth certificate that the White House released for our current potus ?
The signature of the official for the state of Hawaii used a smiley face back in 1961 .

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No, because the customer starts taking me seriously when I start walking back to the truck with their package, and I have never had to actually follow through on RTS'ing anything. As if by magic, they become willing to provide an actual signature and I dont even have to argue with them about it.

....and there were no follow-up phone calls to the center or 1-800#?