Customers: How NOT to get your delivery

oldngray

nowhere special
I had the cops called on me for not giving the customer a package that had a delivery intercept RTS on it. Customer printed out my choice tracking sheet and put "Do not RTS Shipment" in the user defined description field. Then she started yelling at the cop because he sided with me. Got to love the customers.

The shipper pays UPS, not the customer. What shipper wants is what is important.

alwaysoverallowed

I love how if a customer freaks out on a driver management tells them to just deal with it but if a customer steals enough they get post carded. Packages over people folks.

9.5er

When I go to someone's door, most times I knock as I'm putting the package down with the other hand and ring bell as I'm turning around. My OMS knows if customer calls in and says I didn't knock it's some BS.
If they come out and say I knock like the Po - lice I tell them "no, the police knock like the UPS man"

Marne Vet

I have complaints in my Pittsburgh file for knocking too loud, so whenever I get complaint that says I didn't knock they just laugh at it. I love customers that tell me "You didn't knock loud enough" and I quickly reply "Yes, I knocked loud enough. You didn't hear it or weren't home". That's when they say "Don't tell me I wasn't home!" to which I say "Then don't tell me I didn't knock loud enough!" Morons. The amount of lies we hear on a daily basis are astounding.

9.5er

Some of my favorite questions.
"Is it hot enough for ya?" Well lets see. It's 100 degrees out so its roughly 130 inside the back of the package car. Hmmm need 10 more degrees.

"Is it raining out?" Nah, I ran through a sprinkler system to cool down.

"What's in the box?" Gag balls and :censored2:s, here it has your name as the receiver. I've only been able to use this answer twice. First time was with a good customer while they were taking a break. All the guys working there liked to talk junk. The look on his face was priceless. Second time I used it was an accident. Slipped out before I realized what I was saying. Luckily the customer laughed about it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have complaints in my Pittsburgh file for knocking too loud, so whenever I get complaint that says I didn't knock they just laugh at it. I love customers that tell me "You didn't knock loud enough" and I quickly reply "Yes, I knocked loud enough. You didn't hear it or weren't home". That's when they say "Don't tell me I wasn't home!" to which I say "Then don't tell me I didn't knock loud enough!" Morons. The amount of lies we hear on a daily basis are astounding.

Why even engage the customer in conversation?

"Sorry for any inconvenience. Have a nice day".

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I also take pride in my work but also know that the customer is always right, even when they are dead wrong. I just don't feel the need to point this out to them.

Indecisi0n

2051543_640.jpg

upschuck

I also take pride in my work but also know that the customer is always right, even when they are dead wrong. I just don't feel the need to point this out to them.
I respectfully disagree with you. Would you give them a package that had a delivery intercept "RTS" on it, but they say shipper wanted them to have it? It happened to me, if customer is always right then you would have given it to them.

You just take it out on people here.:rofl:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I respectfully disagree with you. Would you give them a package that had a delivery intercept "RTS" on it, but they say shipper wanted them to have it? It happened to me, if customer is always right then you would have given it to them.

Which brings up the crux issue ... the shipper (payer) is the real customer.

Consignees are second-class customers unless they are paying UPS for the shipping charges.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You just take it out on people here.:rofl:

Intercepts are identified in EDD----we are not even allowed to make the delivery attempt.