customers refuses to sign from 12 - 1

UPSGUY72

To add to previous post.
There are many businesses that are still present at their location but close the receiving. This would be the perfect time to take your lunch as well. It's a good opportunity to clean-up, use the restroom and relax. I don't deliver to any fastfood places so I don't know if they get deliveries everyday. I think there are many drivers that accommodate their customers and this seems to be something you can work with.

I take my lunch when where It's convenient for me not someone else. There are very few business that are closed 12-1 these days and most of them if someone is there they will sign for there packages whether they are open or not. Most drivers accomodate their customers but you probably couldn't accomodate this guy at all to say I can't sign becasue I busy is BS it took him longer to say that then it would have been to sign.

SWORDFISH

didn't know that. thanks for the info.

This arguement is clearly becoming another one of those area specific models. I always put exceptions in at from 12-1. They come up in a report in our center if your in the wrong and I have never been talked to about it. They talk to me about anything and everything so I know Im not in the wrong. As long as the exception is not CL or NI in dillis case, for a business then its ok in my center. I put NR,NM, Refused, Moved, NSN, NSP, etc. all the time. If it were wrong it would show up.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
LOL! How does that pertain to this conversation of a MCds?

Because it was brought up about treating the McD mgr request to not del between 12-1 like rcv hours. It has everything to do with it. We ARE required to go back to a customer whose rcv hrs are closed during certain times. There is never a cut and dried asnswer to these types of questions. We have to treat our own individual stops based on our rte requirements. Daves rte is tight and compact and it is easier to make adjustments than it is for me to make adjustments on the rural rte that I do regularly.

You can pick at my posts (which you have been doing today) but I will do what I feel is best for the rte that I am on based on what my rte needs are. I do not see the need to pick at my comments. The question was asked, I put in my 2 cents, you put in yours. What's the problem.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Wrong! The above underlined is incorrect advice. Closed is the only thing you cant have. (oh yeah and the people that are recording NI for businesses wich is not correct IMO).

NI is wierd to use for a businesses but whatever makes you happy. I wouldnt teach anyone this.

How is being in a power trip and demanding that a driver not come during a certain time trying to work w/ a driver?

-1 , They are open they can take the package.
And it applies because you posted this.

SWORDFISH

Because it was brought up about treating the McD mgr request to not del between 12-1 like rcv hours. It has everything to do with it. We ARE required to go back to a customer whose rcv hrs are closed during certain times. There is never a cut and dried asnswer to these types of questions. We have to treat our own individual stops based on our rte requirements. Daves rte is tight and compact and it is easier to make adjustments than it is for me to make adjustments on the rural rte that I do regularly.

You can pick at my posts (which you have been doing today) but I will do what I feel is best for the rte that I am on based on what my rte needs are. I do not see the need to pick at my comments. The question was asked, I put in my 2 cents, you put in yours. What's the problem.

I respectfull disagree w/ your points and I sill love ya DILLI. Trying to make the poster life easier. I dont really care what other people do but if someone is trying to get help here Im going to try and make thier lifes easier. :peaceful:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I respectfull disagree w/ your points and I sill love ya DILLI. Trying to make the poster life easier. I dont really care what other people do but if someone is trying to get help here Im going to try and make thier lifes easier. :peaceful:

I agree and that is my goal as well. You aren't wrong any more than I am. :wink2::peaceful:

Big Babooba

I think this has handle as though the receiving is closed between 12 and 1
Funny, I've seen the big Mctractor -trailer delivering the McMystery McStuff that goes into the giant MsMagic McMixer that pumps out the McShakes, McNuggats, McFish etc.(ever notice how it all tastes the same?) It always blocks the drive thru lane and often is there between 12 and 1. Maybe Mr McManager is off of his Mcmedication. More likely, Mr McManager is trying to impress his pimply-faced McMinions with his McAuthority. I wouldn't go back to mine because it's a 10 mile round trip.

Big Babooba

Talk to the other mgrs, if that doesn't resolve the issue, RTS it.

I had a problem at one time with Sonic employees ignoring me standing there waiting for a signature. The last time it happened it was with a NDA for the mgr who was not there at the time. Unforunately for the employees I happened to know where the mgr lived. I took the NDA to her home and explained the situation. It was the LAST time I was ever ignored at the counter.
The only Sonic I've had experience with was a BOOM!:happy-very:

Braveheart

Make the delivery at 6 or 7 pm.

Or just send it back as refused.

I had some idiot do that to me and I sent back 22 boxes. I got into trouble but he go into way more with his boss I assure you.

There is always 1:01 pm nr1. Wait until day 2. The guy sounds like a tool.

bigbrownhen

I have several fast food places on my route as well. A few have politely asked me not to come by between 12 and 1. No problem. I go by a few times a day, so its no big deal. If it was out of the way, then no, I would explain I would try, but some days it will have to be at that time. I will wait by patiently if they are with a customer, but in line of sight, usually gets a sig fast enough.

As far as the manager stating he couldn't sign, then explain this is the first attempt of 3, then it goes back, see you tomorrow. In the time it took this guy to say he couldn't sign and why, he could have signed for the package.

Inform the center as to why you couldn't deliver package and let them decide how to sheet it up. Work as directed. Cover your McBackside. :happy2:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
How long have you been on this route? If new to the route, take the time to talk to your customer's so that they know when you'll be in the area, and what your goals and needs may be. This will help you in the long run. Sure, it's easy to get pissed and want to do all sorts of stuff, but remember, you have to see these people everyday for as long as you're on that route. I deliver to many restaurants, McDonald's included, and I don't have any problems delivering at any time of day, including the lunch rush. This is only because I took the time to get things to work this way. If you don't take the time in the begining, you may be fighting this customer for the duration.

TheKid

How long does the manager stand there discussing that he can't sign between 12:00 - 1:00....my guess is the discussion probably lasts longer than it would take him to sign for the pkg. I would sheet it refused.

whiskey

We adhere to a very strict policy of no commercial delivery attempts between 12 and one.
It is wise to shut down your vehicle and take your one hour lunch in that time slot. I do, and have been for 19 years now. I know the date because that's the last time my route was time studied. Of course my route is the exact same as it was 19 years ago. Not.