Customers that tick you off when it comes to COD

oldngray

nowhere special
I could never get the hang of numbers but my customer wound up teaching me a little "UPS survival Spanish" that comes in really handy sometimes, I can ask for a signature and ask soneone what their last name is and say please, thank you, have a nice day etc.
When we stopped taking cash this customer would have checks already made out to the shipper with the numerical amount, but her English wasnt good enough to spell out the entire amount so she would leave that line blank and I would fill it in for her. Nice lady, she ran a good little business and was a lot easier to deal with than most other COD customers.

I learned "survival Spanish" from delivering those passports to so many immigrant workers. And many Mexicans working in shipping departments of my pickups.

On some routes they learned "survival English". When I said they had a COD and they just smiled and shook their heads I then said it was being sent back. All of a sudden English was their second language.

ArcherUTR

I wouldn't do that because it changes your time allowance for the stop, ie, stealing time

That doesn't seem like stealing time, stealing time is not doing work while on the clock.

Getting a signature at a DR residential is more secure but changes my time allowance. Do you agree with our resident know-it-all that getting a signature is stealing time?

Not giving away packages that are obviously part of one COD shipment is more secure and better customer service.

I'm not sure that collecting one COD check on multiple COD boxes gives me more of a time allowance or if you have to collect multiple checks on different shipper account numbers are needed to get the time allowance. But I feel comfortable on an integrity and customer service level.

oldngray

nowhere special
That doesn't seem like stealing time, stealing time is not doing work while on the clock.

Getting a signature at a DR residential is more secure but changes my time allowance. Do you agree with our resident know-it-all that getting a signature is stealing time?

Not giving away packages that are obviously part of one COD shipments is more secure and better customer service.

I'm not sure that collecting one COD check on multiple COD boxes gives me more of a time allowance or if you have to collect multiple checks on different shipper account numbers is needed to get the time allowance. But I feel comfortable on an integrity and customer service level.

There is no difference in time allowance for number of checks. There is an allowance for every COD package though (if it has a COD tag, not if its a paid package included in the shipment).

S

selfcancelsignal

I have not had any real troublesome COD occurrences yet in my short career (knock on wood). This thread is quite helpful though. Thanks.

Sent while driving from my flip phone via T9 word.

Future

Victory Ride
I have businesses on my route that regularly pay COD. That's how they prefer to do business.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.
This is refered to as......I have no money in the bank and bad credit to support my investment...and wait for the government to bail your "small buisness" out

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
I used to care and would NM1 the COD package and NR1 the rest. Now I don't care. Here's 8, COD NM1. It's a PAID service you're are giving away for FREE by not delivering them in the first attempt. I DRd three tires and rims to house and NI1 the COD. Started vacation the next work day. I don't know nor care what happened.

My biggest pet peeve is people not knowing they are getting CODs or knowing the amount. You ordered the stuff, you know the terms when your ordered, you know when it's scheduled to arrive yet SOMEHOW when I show up with it it's a big freaking surprise! Even the migrant picker who lives down street from your business has a properly filled out money order with the correct amount ready when I arrive! And they don't even speak English!

Sent using BrownCafe App

SmithBarney

I have two pain in the arse COD folks...

One wants me to write the COD amount down so that customers can't hear how much..(EVEN IF THERE ARE NO CUSTOMERS IN THE WAITING ROOM)

Second one waits until the 3rd attempt to pay, then pays with 3 post dated checks, yes the on-car, and ctr mgr knew about this(and approved it).. total pain, but at least we learned not to even load them on the cart for del until the 3rd day.

Used to love one rural COD guy, he was never home and would leave a $10,000-15,000K check hanging on the door for us... I don't know what we were delivering but never asked, and never had issues.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
I learned "survival Spanish" from delivering those passports to so many immigrant workers. And many Mexicans working in shipping departments of my pickups.

Are you sure they were Mexican? Perhaps they were Guatemalan or El Salvadorian. Maybe, they were Nicaraguan.

We can't assume because they spoke Mexican, they were actually Mexican. ;).

Sent using a Potato

oldngray

nowhere special
Are you sure they were Mexican? Perhaps they were Guatemalan or El Salvadorian. Maybe, they were Nicaraguan.

We can't assume because they spoke Mexican, they were actually Mexican. ;).

Sent using a Potato

The passports were usually Central American. Which is why I said "Survival Spanish". And I didn't mention Mexicans until later in my post. The Mexicans look down on the Central Americans as being lower class people.