Customers that tick you off when it comes to COD

Johney

last time I checked, customers don't issue out warning letters

better catch up
You will never win arguing with the resident know it all even if you're right. Accept defeat now and save yourself the headache. Pretty soon you'll get the "YAWN" anyway.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I think your pain meds may be clouding your judgement.

Resident know-it-all.

I have.seen it happen. A fellow driver helped an elderly woman by taking her heavy package into her house. She called in to pay this driver a compliment. She was so thankful that this driver went above and beyond. The next day the center manager called this driver into the office to chastise him for over servicing the customer. Also, for your information, the only pain med I take is an occaisional motrin. I think it is sad that you cannot respectfully disagree with others on this forum. Believe me, if my center were like your center, I wouldn't be counting down until retirement.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I have never heard of a driver being "chastised" for going above and beyond.

Resident know-it-all.

I have and it saddens me. We used to work for a company that stood for excellence in customer service. It may still in your neck of the woods but where I am it is almost a daily fight to try to maintain what little good reputation we have left.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I have and it saddens me. We used to work for a company that stood for excellence in customer service. It may still in your neck of the woods but where I am it is almost a daily fight to try to maintain what little good reputation we have left.
I always do everything I can to help my customers whether its work related or outside of work. Truthfully it is out of the kindness of my heart and that's being honest. But at same time im always trying to get that extra cheese at xmas time(lol) and if everything goes right when I retire, im a hopefully open up my dog kennel business. The customers I have now and or future customers I may have, hopefully will be future customers with that business after I retire also. Like I always say, all about selling the product baby lol.

oldngray

nowhere special
There must be exceptions because I had a COD for $6.28.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Sometimes the amount UPS charges the shipper for a COD package is greater than the value of the contents or of the amount on the COD tag. UPS discounts some shipping costs but the COD charge is fixed for everyone. Is it stupid for a shipper to do some things? Yes. But it still happens.

wayfair

swollen member
Sometimes the amount UPS charges the shipper for a COD package is greater than the value of the contents or of the amount on the COD tag. UPS discounts some shipping costs but the COD charge is fixed for everyone. Is it stupid for a shipper to do some things? Yes. But it still happens.

Or the shipper pays for the COD and only charges for the product, most of the time it will be a back order, at least at a few businesses I have.

oldngray

nowhere special
Or the shipper pays for the COD and only charges for the product, most of the time it will be a back order, at least at a few businesses I have.

Shipping charges are usually free for a backorder (what the shipper charges the customer), so yeah the COD price may just be for contents and not shipping. A stupid way to bill since the shipper is losing money that way but they have every right to be stupid and UPS will just take their money.