Customers wanting to open packages before signing.

BrownTexas

Who cares?!?!?!? If they want 1. Give it to them. You guys are telling me if a resi had 2 boxes, and they knew 1 was a duplicate and they didn't want it, you all would tell them "all or none"? Must have gotten picked on as kids and now you are using what little power you have to bully people.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I've had 2 packages that were marked 1 of 2, and 2 of 2.
Only one of them was COD. Customer refused the COD and signed for the other.
Not my problem.
Hope the shipper learned a valuable lesson.

margaritaville

I don't know why but i get gas station employees being dicks a lot. This one guy said, "customers always first you'll have to wait in line." Then the customer says, "i don't mind waiting just sign for him." I was smirking so hard at the gas station guy looking like an idiot as he signed my thing in embarassment. And this isn't the first time this has happened. Not sure if they are dumb or what.

Boulevard859710

I've had 2 packages that were marked 1 of 2, and 2 of 2.
Only one of them was COD. Customer refused the COD and signed for the other.
Not my problem.
Hope the shipper learned a valuable lesson.
Yep. My On Road told me the same thing. If they want a payment collected for the whole shipment, a COD amount has to be on every box. It's just the shippers trying to get around the COD charge.

barnyard

KTM rider
I don't know why but i get gas station employees being dicks a lot. This one guy said, "customers always first you'll have to wait in line."

I always just get in line at gas stations. 9/10, the clerk signs and I thank everyone for letting me budge. If I am buying something too, then I say, "That's OK, I can wait my turn."

For as much as we want signers to treat us well, it is a 2 way street. If we act just a little bit humble every now and then, people will respond well to that.

Be a dick, expect to be treated like one.

clean hairy

If it is a C.O.D. shipment, "it may not be opened before payment is made"
Go to the UPS website, in the searchbox put COD shipment.
Click on the first match in the results, you will find what I just quoted in at the bottom of the screen.

Last edited:

PACNW

The OP's customer is just being an ass. It's one thing to ask to open and inspect for damage, it's another to be a prick about it and make a guy wait around indefinitely before you do it. I personally would say "sign now or it gets refused".

I'm all for taking care of your people. I have a couple of customers that will ask to take a look at a package if it looks a little iffy. Sure it's inconvenient for me, but it usually only takes a minute or two and it feels like the right thing to do.

The minute someone tries to take advantage of my kindness and try to bully me around, that's it. I refuse to be treated like their b@#$%, or personal servant, and "told" what I'm going to do by a customer.