Cut 'em at their throats

BrownTexas

I think UPS should tell Amazon, we want exclusive rights for 10 years or deliver your own crap. All or nothing. We are allowing them to slowly vamp up their own deliver system.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
So in the mean time we just keep doing what we are doing and slowly allow them to deliver their own goods and cut us out completely.
So we should give up the revenue because they're making a business decision? What do you tell the drivers who are laid off because we lose the account? Oh well they were going to be done with us in 5 years anyways.

BrownTexas

So we should give up the revenue because they're making a business decision? What do you tell the drivers who are laid off because we lose the account? Oh well they were going to be done with us in 5 years anyways.
Just look at Surepost. We had to cut routes when Amazon decided to start taking their stuff to the post office themselves. That should tell you something.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Just look at Surepost. We had to cut routes when Amazon decided to start taking their stuff to the post office themselves. That should tell you something.
So let's punish ourselves even further?

The way things are going now we can continually build up volume from e-commerce while Amazon draws down. It all evens out in the end. Announcing tomorrow we are done with Amazon would not only destroy the stock, it would eliminate jobs now, not just seasonal peak jobs.

BrownTexas

So let's punish ourselves even further?

The way things are going now we can continually build up volume from e-commerce while Amazon draws down. It all evens out in the end. Announcing tomorrow we are done with Amazon would not only destroy the stock, it would eliminate jobs now, not just seasonal peak jobs.
I honestly don't have that much Amazon anyway. It won't change my route at all. And we are terribly short drivers as well. I don't see a huge layoff.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I honestly don't have that much Amazon anyway. It won't change my route at all. And we are terribly short drivers as well. I don't see a huge layoff.
We get trailers full of it everyday. Half of our air is Amazon. Just because your route is that way doesn't mean it isn't like that everywhere.

Any executive that makes a conscious decision to turn away profit earning business should not be running a company. They do not have the shareholders in mind.