Cut in hours, 1 hour breaks and no overtime

hypo hanna

Oh, stop. Baby gloves off. It's just words on a page.

Its more then words on a page, To me its an on line community, and there are very few where FedEx employees can openly discuss important issues that affect us. (Iamfedex.com doesn't count.)

would you want to join a real world community that spends much of its time slinging crap at each other?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I've never worked at a company where your manager has to ask HR for permission to fire you.

Neither have I.

It's such a joke that the managers can't hardly make any decicions without district approval. Even the senior managers are just puppets, let alone the OPS managers.

Bankrupt

Neither have I.

It's such a joke that the managers can't hardly make any decicions without district approval. Even the senior managers are just puppets, let alone the OPS managers.
Our mgrs get just as many olcc's as we do for ridiculous stuff like lates when a truck breaks down,road construction,accidents and the likes. Mine accidently put her employee # by accident once when giving me one and her record popped up instead of mine, I was like damn our sr is a real jerk. There was be a quota mandated by upper mgmnt for this crap

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Neither have I.

They are puppets. In addition to HR, most terminations have to be approved by FedEx Legal. It all runs from the master "brain" in Memphis...with predictable results.

morgan

it really is simple, if they want you to be done in 8 hours then make a pile of freight on the floor during your fine sort of stops you wont be able to do in that time frame. you'll be amazed at your managers reaction. when they need to send out someone on overflow to do them all of a sudden it will be fine. its their own fault cutting routes and making us drive further with less stops. I used to love the days when I could bang out 90 plus stops and be done in 7 3/4 hrs. its fedexs fault and theyre trying to make you think its yours. don't let them get away with it. they can't fire you if your doing your job properly and safely.

MAKAVELI

ok fine, well they also reiterate that we are AT WILL employees, and they don't need reason.
"An at-will employee can be fired at any time, for any reason" or no reason at all (as long as it's not an illegal reason)

Employment At Will: What Does It Mean? | Nolo.com
We are at will employees but that doesn't mean they can fire you for " any" reason. You can sue for wrongful termination if you can prove the reason for termination was incorrect or due to discrimination, protected activities( union organizing), refusal to violate safety rules and laws. That's why WAD is an excellent way of protest that they cannot " legally" fire you for.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We are at will employees but that doesn't mean they can fire you for " any" reason. You can sue for wrongful termination if you can prove the reason for termination was incorrect or due to discrimination, protected activities( union organizing), refusal to violate safety rules and laws. That's why WAD is an excellent way of protest that they cannot " legally" fire you for.

Yep. WAD protects you because it means doing it "by the book", which is their book. If we all WAD, the entire system implodes due to the multiplier effect of our collective WAD actions. Doing it the WAD way means following policy to the letter, which invariably slows you down and reduces productivity. They can't fire you for doing what they tell you to do, even if it's stupid. If they do, you tell the lawyer that you were "working as directed".

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
Sorry guys. That time has come and gone. As I watch the guys at "Brown" get a $9 raise over 3 years, pay nothing for their insurance, take care of their part timers by making more "upgrades" and paying them more ..... oh and more importantly, they have "representation" when they don't dot those i's and cross those t's ..... awwwwww yes. Then I find out that an RTD starting out, makes more than what our RTD's max out at after 3o years of servie? ... ain't that a ______________. Not to mention my neighbor that retired @ the old age of "50" and he pulls in more than most on this board.

El Morado Diablo

The "No Scheduled Overtime" is causing all kinds of drama in our location. Our newest PT'er quit shortly after finishing courier class. This leaves us short-handed on Saturdays. Management told everyone they would cover Saturdays by splitting the days off of those scheduled M-friend; so you might have Tue off so you can work Sat without it being a 6th day. We've already had a couple of guys threaten to quit if management follows through with their proposal. It's amazing how they will stick to absolutes like no scheduled overtime when the result will be even more overtime hours to cover the open route(s) during the week. Our Sr Mgr said we got into trouble last summer with service when the company cut back too much and here we are doing the same thing all over again....