Cut routes business upset

instantK

This past monday doing a weird split.... I delivered all business and I got several that chewed me a new one about how they need their parts ASAP for customers... They tell me there pissed at UPS because every monday or friday its a different driver at different times, PU's are sometimes missed, late PU's

usually with the routes that i cover usually it gets stuff from cut routes...

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
This past monday doing a weird split.... I delivered all business and I got several that chewed me a new one about how they need their parts ASAP for customers... They tell me there pissed at UPS because every monday or friday its a different driver at different times, PU's are sometimes missed, late PU's

Yep, this is UPS today. Customer service is not as important as stops per car. Its pretty sad, but that is how it is now.

oldngray

nowhere special
A lot of customers are mad at delivery times getting messed up by routes being taken out but its just another sign that UPS really doesn't care about service like they used to. Short term profits but will kill the company over the long term if it continues.

instantK

Still a good amount of businesses still get there normal delivers on time... but for the unfortunate businesses that are within a cut route get screwed..

I for one would not take an ass chewing for any decision that management made. I'd be professional and apologize for the inconvenience but at the same time I'd be handing out the division managers phone number.

barnyard

KTM rider
I for one would not take an ass chewing for any decision that management made. I'd be professional and apologize for the inconvenience but at the same time I'd be handing out the division managers phone number.

We hand out our center phone number. Enough people have called that there was a PCM telling us not to do it.

Ha.

oldngray

nowhere special

Sadly the delivery driver is the one who has to listen to customers complain and act like late deliveries are the driver's fault when its totally beyond his control.

We hand out our center phone number. Enough people have called that there was a PCM telling us not to do it.

Ha.

Then you preface it by saying " they told us not to hand out the phone number so whatever you do don't google Bob Smith in bufu city. Especially the one that lives on hickory lane. "

barnyard

KTM rider
Gave out the number to a customer today. They are out at the edge of my center's service area and are an 'on-demand' pick up. They are closed Monday, but want to process shipments Saturday, but as soon as they print a label, their on demand service will force a PU for Monday. They called their sales person and the 800#, but no one was returning their calls. How could I NOT give them the center number????

feeder05

need to give them the 1-800 number, complaints get noticed by corporate if the 1-800 is called...."what can brown do for you"

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Think it is bad now, wait till Orion is calling the shots.

Dude, they're hiring off-the-street folks to come in and run ORION here. I'm not even kidding. How do we make a multi- million dollar failure suck even more? Easy! Let's bring in some temp-to-hire folks who've never even seen a package, save the ones left on their front porch, have them look at google maps (totally reliable right?) for a few days and let them tell a driver with 20 plus years on the same route how to get it done.

There some real geniuses hard at work in Atlanta.

Re-Raise

Dude, they're hiring off-the-street folks to come in and run ORION here. I'm not even kidding. How do we make a multi- million dollar failure suck even more? Easy! Let's bring in some temp-to-hire folks who've never even seen a package, save the ones left on their front porch, have them look at google maps (totally reliable right?) for a few days and let them tell a driver with 20 plus years on the same route how to get it done.

It was already determined to be a major success before it was implemented by people sitting around a table in an office somewhere.

Never accuse UPS management of letting reality get in the way of previously determined success.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG

i hope you are kidding

Alleycar

One of our on-cars got pulled from the center to be on an Orion Implementation Team for the next year or so. He's a good guy, but I am sure it will be a total trainwreck.

pretzel_man

What time did they get delivered? Were they not still on the AM side of the trace?