Cutting hours from paycheck

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Now, taken as a whole, this statement is very telling. Management of money by a greedy owner (UPS), who promotes management, and allows fast tracking of management that assist in the greedy owner to make even more money. So that is what you are saying? And trying to misuse the Bible to back your claim that your greedy owner has the right to develop you into greedy people as well? OR what is it that you are trying to say? After all, no where in what you managed to quote does it address greed. You keep putting it into every conversation, and then defending it.

BTW, Satan knows the Bible as well as anyone. Knowing it, and being able to quote it are one thing, living it, another.

d

You could have at least acknowledged it was a clever play on your biblical quote.

I'm not really trying to say anything honestly ... these things take care of themselves. Like I have often said, BC is a good place to come and vent, so all that stuff is fine with me. Personally, I come here for entertainment and to play and have fun myself and I thank you for playing with me.

And as far as "Satan knows the Bible as well as anyone.", yup I know ... been to church many a time.

Peace Bro ... you can have the last say on this thread.

whiskey

Oh I'm sorry, I thought you had been following this thread.
Earlier in the thread, I had posted that I had been involved in 3 investigations where more than 15 management people had been terminated for time card abuse.
My apologies for assuming you were informed. :wink2:
That perhaps is why you took my post out of context and it was apparently only a perception on my part that you had twisted things around to suit your purposes. Again, my apologies.

I am quite aware of your Biblical reference and it is a key attribute that forms the qualifications of being promoted into UPS management and progression in management.
It is actually a parable (not a proverb) and can be found in Luke 16 v10
10 “Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much.

and the next two verses are interesting as well:

11 So if you have not been trustworthy in handling worldly wealth, who will trust you with true riches? 12 And if you have not been trustworthy with someone else’s property, who will give you property of your own?

Here is a parable you may have also heard, it is about the management of resources and returning a profit for the greedy owner of the invested money (commonly referred to as the talents parable) and is also another key qualification for being promoted into UPS management and progressing in management:

Matthew 25: 14-30
14 “Again, it will be like a man going on a journey, who called his servants and entrusted his wealth to them. 15 To one he gave five bags of gold, to another two bags, and to another one bag,[a] each according to his ability. Then he went on his journey. 16 The man who had received five bags of gold went at once and put his money to work and gained five bags more. 17 So also, the one with two bags of gold gained two more. 18 But the man who had received one bag went off, dug a hole in the ground and hid his master’s money. 19 “After a long time the master of those servants returned and settled accounts with them. 20 The man who had received five bags of gold brought the other five. ‘Master,’ he said, ‘you entrusted me with five bags of gold. See, I have gained five more.’
21 “His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’
22 “The man with two bags of gold also came. ‘Master,’ he said, ‘you entrusted me with two bags of gold; see, I have gained two more.’
23 “His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’
24 “Then the man who had received one bag of gold came. ‘Master,’ he said, ‘I knew that you are a hard man, harvesting where you have not sown and gathering where you have not scattered seed. 25 So I was afraid and went out and hid your gold in the ground. See, here is what belongs to you.’
26 “His master replied, ‘You wicked, lazy servant! So you knew that I harvest where I have not sown and gather where I have not scattered seed? 27 Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest.
28 “‘So take the bag of gold from him and give it to the one who has ten bags. 29 For whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them. 30 And throw that worthless servant outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

That bag of gold in the ground is looking pretty good to a Japanese fisherman after a 33 foot tsunami did nothing to unearth it.

I was all set to say yes if I got offered a driver position after my interview but reading this thread is scary, although one or two members have said that these issues are reflective of the minority not the majority of management, I am trying to tell myself that's probably the case.

TUT

Wrong and unlawful?
Yes.
Common practice?
Highly doubtful.

That is not normal behavior from any employer in general and definitely not one from Fortune 500. Typically these companies are very exact and to the letter of the law in matters like this. As I've been reading, you guys really seem to have a war going on between management and union. Management is breaking you guys, is there too many employees turning a blind eye?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I was all set to say yes if I got offered a driver position after my interview but reading this thread is scary, although one or two members have said that these issues are reflective of the minority not the majority of management, I am trying to tell myself that's probably the case.
My advise is to not pay much attention to what you hear on here.
It is full of locker room lawyers and doomsayers.
The driver position is very hard work and very demanding mentally and physically but all this whining and gloom and doom is mostly BS with just a small kernel of truth.

Go with your own judgment and not the "loud minority" here.

Last edited:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
To all

BC is a family site. The regular posters here treat each other just like family. Sometimes we really get into a cat fight, but at the end of the day, we all still bleed brown.

Hoax is a good guy, had personal experience to know that to be a fact. While we might not agree on some issues and details, I know that its people like him that will help keep our company strong.

As to the time card cheats, they are not, repeat, not the majority. The majority of the UPS sups do have integrity. ITs those that do not, that we are addressing. And while they are the minority, they still give the majority a black eye.

Its wrong, its illegal. But it happens too frequently.

And yes, Hoax, that was a clever play on what was said. But the question posed is still relevant today. What are you doing with the gifts you have. Using them, or letting them go to waste.

d

UPSSOCKS

i want to know what can be done to stop my supervisors from cutting hours from my paycheck. i plan to take a notebook to write down my hours so i can calculate it myself and just want to know what other actions i can take to stop this from happening.
also this is a common thing in my hub that happens to both seniors and new hires

You better let your supervisor add up those numbers in your notebook for you.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

Probably 95 to 99% of the management people you will deal with in your driving career are honest and would not deliberately cut hours from your paycheck.

In my 24 years of driving, I have never personally had a management person manipulate my timecard with malicious intent, although it has occured a few times to other drivers in my building. The only paycheck issues I have ever dealt with involved honest clerical or data-entry errors which were corrected in a timely manner.

Where the company does try screwing you...is with the unfair timestudies and resultant excessive dispatches. The system is designed to create a production "standard" that can only be met by working off of the clock, and you will constantly be pressured into skipping your lunches and breaks in order to meet the company's oftentimes ridiculous expectations.