Cutting The Fat

Serf

I have been pretty mum lately on alot of things. But the low morale and daily doom and gloom in my station is hard to ignore. Summer time is upon us once again, and that means route start times are trimmed. I get that. Our station cannot make budget. We have not been able to order paper towels or soap for the bathrooms for the last month. We have light bulbs out in the bathrooms. And instead of putting in a work order to fix it, workers have lifted the ceiling tiles in order to let light in enough just to take a wiz. New hires aren't being allowed to get an initial issue of uniforms. And are being instructed to wear "blue pants or shorts." And please take a second hand fedex polo shirt from the box upstairs.
Also, we have individuals who work at avoiding work at all costs. Guys, who punch in, then change into their work uniforms, and head out. Guys who routinely take their 30 or 60 minute breaks, but stretch them longer by 10-15 minutes. Who hide in the bathroom on the phone with their girlfriends. And even guys that will shower in the station, than change into regular clothes, THAN punch out.
For those who know me, and or remember me know I am uber conservative. However, this has nothing to do with politics. Nor does this directly effect me. But the pattern I have seen over the last year is too obvious to ignore. Fraud, waste, and abuse from the top down. The good employees leave, the crap always stays. Guys having hours cut, while other crap employees skate on by. Fedex is not my primary, sole, career choice. But if it was and or is the rest of you have my condolences. I honestly have no clue how this company continues to operate at any level of efficiency. As for every good employee I have met. Their are 3 lousy ones, and another who new hire who just quit. Fight the good fight, it's all you can do. Because it will never change.

MAKAVELI

I have been pretty mum lately on alot of things. But the low morale and daily doom and gloom in my station is hard to ignore. Summer time is upon us once again, and that means route start times are trimmed. I get that. Our station cannot make budget. We have not been able to order paper towels or soap for the bathrooms for the last month. We have light bulbs out in the bathrooms. And instead of putting in a work order to fix it, workers have lifted the ceiling tiles in order to let light in enough just to take a wiz. New hires aren't being allowed to get an initial issue of uniforms. And are being instructed to wear "blue pants or shorts." And please take a second hand fedex polo shirt from the box upstairs.
Also, we have individuals who work at avoiding work at all costs. Guys, who punch in, then change into their work uniforms, and head out. Guys who routinely take their 30 or 60 minute breaks, but stretch them longer by 10-15 minutes. Who hide in the bathroom on the phone with their girlfriends. And even guys that will shower in the station, than change into regular clothes, THAN punch out.
For those who know me, and or remember me know I am uber conservative. However, this has nothing to do with politics. Nor does this directly effect me. But the pattern I have seen over the last year is too obvious to ignore. Fraud, waste, and abuse from the top down. The good employees leave, the crap always stays. Guys having hours cut, while other crap employees skate on by. Fedex is not my primary, sole, career choice. But if it was and or is the rest of you have my condolences. I honestly have no clue how this company continues to operate at any level of efficiency. As for every good employee I have met. Their are 3 lousy ones, and another who new hire who just quit. Fight the good fight, it's all you can do. Because it will never change.
Welcome to the new and improved FedEx! Sounds like you had an epiphany since you first started posting. Didn't take that long to see the reality of this company cutting costs to feed their greedy little hands. What you are experiencing at your station is not the exception, it is now the norm. And it's only going to get worse. Best thing for anyone to do is get some education or training and get out!

dezguy

We had someone at my sta fired for doing personal stuff on the clock and punching out once all that was done. They were fired but it took 2 years for it to happen. Management is starting to care about as much as front line employees do. Hell, the management at my sta are running out the door at punch out time along with the couriers. No one cares anymore. This is the environment Memphis has bred.

fedex_rtd

You want a box of tissues???

Really nobody is giving 100% at this point...I give 72% because I am at 72% of top pay after 15 years.

I just typed this on Freds dime lol

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Ask yourself this, how many of those slackers were once gung go super couriers who got tired of being lied to by mgmt and just gave up.

Bingo. Who really gives a sheet these days, and why should you given the way we are treated? Besides toilet paper shortages, we have no first aid kits that are stocked, and have been doing the used uniform deal for quite awhile.

This company SUCKS!! There is no fat left to cut...except at the top, and they are immune, protected, and otherwise untouchable. Please let me know when the first station has a diphtheria and/or cholera outbreak.

It only gets more unbelievable.

overflowed

Welcome to the new and improved FedEx! Sounds like you had an epiphany since you first started posting. Didn't take that long to see the reality of this company cutting costs to feed their greedy little hands. What you are experiencing at your station is not the exception, it is now the norm. And it's only going to get worse. Best thing for anyone to do is get some education or training and get out!
Was about to say the same thing about how different your attitude is from when you first posted on this site.

hypo hanna

Bingo. Who really gives a sheet these days, and why should you given the way we are treated? Besides toilet paper shortages, we have no first aid kits that are stocked, ....

You too? Ours doesn't have so much as a bandaid. I asked a manager and he said people were stealing stuff and taking it home. My response was SO? What am I supposed to do if I get a cut, bleed on the customers freight?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Can we now all say it together? We're all friend**d now.

Fixed it for 'ya.

All these scenarios are the result of Fred & co. and their greedy obsession for wealth and power. They have no regard for the extremely bad working conditions they created.

Just curious, how long do you think it'll take before the bottom falls out?

Serf

My tone has changed completely. I have had a 22 month epiphany. I basically work the same hours, for the same pay. But do to the people around me either not caring, or not being capable of performing labor intensive work I am actually working harder for less money. I am lucky enough to have another job, but I am now officially truly astounded by the dysfunction.
I don't want a box of tissues. But I would settle for some hand sanitizer. After all, employees are taking craps in the bathroom with no way of cleaning their hands. I forgot to mention Aid kits are indeed under stocked or not stocked at all. The bottom will fall out and it is inevitable. Christ, were like inmates who had to tunnel a hole in the bathroom wall ceiling to let light in because we can't change the lightbulbs. As the old guard transitions out, the new hires we have (couriers) already express their intention of leaving. And how this is temporary. Handlers do not even express anything, they just leave. I noticed at the major ramps in the northeast the starting pay for handlers has jumped .40 cents, but the rest of the work force has not gotten a raise. Just one sign that they are having trouble keeping people. FedEx may think that DRA is the future to streamline everything. But it implodes when you can't keep people for 15-17$ an hour to deliver what the computer tells them.

bbsam

Staff member
Fixed it for 'ya.

All these scenarios are the result of Fred & co. and their greedy obsession for wealth and power. They have no regard for the extremely bad working conditions they created.

Just curious, how long do you think it'll take before the bottom falls out?
Depends on who you ask. For many it already has but for those at the top, they have the resources to keep things barely adequate for years.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
My tone has changed completely. I have had a 22 month epiphany. I basically work the same hours, for the same pay. But do to the people around me either not caring, or not being capable of performing labor intensive work I am actually working harder for less money. I am lucky enough to have another job, but I am now officially truly astounded by the dysfunction.
I don't want a box of tissues. But I would settle for some hand sanitizer. After all, employees are taking craps in the bathroom with no way of cleaning their hands. I forgot to mention Aid kits are indeed under stocked or not stocked at all. The bottom will fall out and it is inevitable. Christ, were like inmates who had to tunnel a hole in the bathroom wall ceiling to let light in because we can't change the lightbulbs. As the old guard transitions out, the new hires we have (couriers) already express their intention of leaving. And how this is temporary. Handlers do not even express anything, they just leave. I noticed at the major ramps in the northeast the starting pay for handlers has jumped .40 cents, but the rest of the work force has not gotten a raise. Just one sign that they are having trouble keeping people. FedEx may think that DRA is the future to streamline everything. But it implodes when you can't keep people for 15-17$ an hour to deliver what the computer tells them.

Now you're finally getting it. It's not as if we never cared. Maybe we cared too much. How do you think this company got such a great reputation? Back in the day, they didn't buy it. We helped create it. Now it's just a job and it's just a paycheck.

El Morado Diablo

We have a guy who came in with a gung-ho attitude similar to your own about the time you started. He actually stood up in a meeting and dressed everyone down, telling us all how we were lucky to have jobs and work for such a great company. Needless to say this didn't go over very well with the rest of the work group. It's been great fun watching him eat his words since that day as he's had his eyes opened to what it's like to work for FedEx on a daily basis. He's made a 180 degree turn around. Now the comments he makes sound a lot like the old OK State Mike Gundy's 'I'm a Man, I'm 40!' rant whenever he hears or learns about a policy or procedure that doesn't jive with the way he thinks it should. Very entertaining.

It's sad, but now you know why the old timers are trying to hang on and the new hires are walking in and walking out. The only new hires that seem to think it's a good company to work for are the ones who were making minimum wage before getting a job at FedEx.