CVS Caremark PBM

RealPerson

More amazing is your lack of understanding of the plan you trying to explain to people.

listen guys, Plans are different in different areas. Also, in my area, we had a choice of Aetna or Blue Cross, which both were slightly different.

What he is saying about the 50% is Correct, BUT keep in mind, I guess teamcare is saying there are like 80K pharmacies under the CVS umbrella.

One guy even said you can even get your 90 day supply AT the store for zero. IDK about this, just what was hinted at on the phone call about teamcare.

The Pharmacy benefits will change several vote no's to Yes votes, as well as all the current FT people who didn't vote the first time, now enjoying these New great benefits from the first vote no....

Saboteur

Not what my local is telling members. It is what it is. National master passed. It's not going to change Vote that mattered allready friend'ed us all

We are currently operating under an extension. ALL supplements have to pass before the Master Agreement can go into effect. We could be operating for a long time under this extension if some of the Supplements and/or Riders stick to their principles and demand better Heath Care benefits than what TeamCare is currently offering.

BrownBrokeDown

Have you bothered to take the time to read the TeamCare website? DriveInDriveOut explains things quite well if you have any clue as to what is in the plan. It's in your best interests - for quality and cost - to take the time to do so. BTW, the mail order prescription plan is not a "cheap mail order plan" - it is a cost effective solution that supplies you with the exact same medication you receive at your pharmacy. Think brick&mortar vs. Amazon.

And you will not find out how your maintenance medication costs are in early January - it would take you until February/March until you get charged the 2nd refill at higher cost.

In addition to what cynic said, not only is it not a "cheap mail order plan", but this is standard prescription maintenance medication refill procedure for all of corporate America's healthcare in the last 5 years. Hate to be the one to say it, but in this particular instance on the mailorder...You gotta change with the times, man.

av8torntn

Have you bothered to take the time to read the TeamCare website? DriveInDriveOut explains things quite well if you have any clue as to what is in the plan. It's in your best interests - for quality and cost - to take the time to do so. BTW, the mail order prescription plan is not a "cheap mail order plan" - it is a cost effective solution that supplies you with the exact same medication you receive at your pharmacy. Think brick&mortar vs. Amazon.

And you will not find out how your maintenance medication costs are in early January - it would take you until February/March until you get charged the 2nd refill at higher cost.

Im currently on the cvs prescription plan and what you portray is not how it currently works. I've been trying to find out from you guys if this downgrade is something that will happen after they change it in January or if it's just a fabrication.

I dont want want to get the medication I rely on from some cheap back room mail order operation and I wouldn't want to get the medicine I rely on from some forklift driver at amazon either.

av8torntn

In addition to what cynic said, not only is it not a "cheap mail order plan", but this is standard prescription maintenance medication refill procedure for all of corporate America's healthcare in the last 5 years. Hate to be the one to say it, but in this particular instance on the mailorder...You gotta change with the times, man.

I hate to break it to you but it's not how it's done currently. In central states we have a choice. We can get it by mail from cvs or we can go to cvs in person and get it from the pharmacist.

I see see no positives in giving up the pharmacist. I can get medicine by mail from the VA and I assure you that nothing about that is convenient or positive.

av8torntn

Why yes I did and obviously you did not. It clearly says on the site that you have a choice between the cheap mail order or you can get a 90 day supply from the pharmacy. They even call it the maintenance choice (probably in an effort to avoid confusion). My question is still on the table. Were you guys fabricating this or will there be a reduction in benefits next year?

kingOFchester

Being that we do not have the full summary of benefits and benefits can be changed at anytime at the discretion of the trustees, it is an absolute unknown what our true benefits will be going forward.

That said, CVScaremark is not a backroom cheap fly by night company. In fact they are number 13 on the fortune 500 list. (UPS is #53).

I have been using Medco since starting at UPS. Never had a problem. When I am due for a new prescription Medco handles the entire process. They call the Dr. I get email notifications alerting me that my script will be mailed on X, then an alert telling me it was mailed. Very easy. Never a problem, and I assume a fortune 500 company will be more then able to provide me with a service that could potentially keep me breathing. They are not going to open themselves up to lawsuits do to service failures on a service that may be keeping your heart beating.

But again, this is all based on what the Trustees do in the future and the accuracy of what we have been told.

But But, to not use CVScaremark mail order in fear that they will screw up your maintenance meds is rediculous at best.

av8torntn

Being that we do not have the full summary of benefits and benefits can be changed at anytime at the discretion of the trustees, it is an absolute unknown what our true benefits will be going forward.

That said, CVScaremark is not a backroom cheap fly by night company. In fact they are number 13 on the fortune 500 list. (UPS is #53).

I have been using Medco since starting at UPS. Never had a problem. When I am due for a new prescription Medco handles the entire process. They call the Dr. I get email notifications alerting me that my script will be mailed on X, then an alert telling me it was mailed. Very easy. Never a problem, and I assume a fortune 500 company will be more then able to provide me with a service that could potentially keep me breathing. They are not going to open themselves up to lawsuits do to service failures on a service that may be keeping your heart beating.

But again, this is all based on what the Trustees do in the future and the accuracy of what we have been told.

But But, to not use CVScaremark mail order in fear that they will screw up your maintenance meds is rediculous at best.

​Who said anything about not using CVS mail order for fear that they would screw up you maintenance meds?

cynic

​Who said anything about not using CVS mail order for fear that they would screw up you maintenance meds?

So then CVS mail order isn't a cheap back room mail order joint with forklift drivers?! Alright!!!

Can they overnight some leeches now that they're back in style in the medical field?

av8torntn

So then CVS mail order isn't a cheap back room mail order joint with forklift drivers?! Alright!!!

Can they overnight some leeches now that they're back in style in the medical field?

I suppose you are now claiming the cvs warehouse isn't "brick and mortar"? It doesn't get much more brick and mortar than cvs. It's looking more and more like you guys fabricated the we can't get our maintenance medications from a pharmacy line.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I suppose you are now claiming the cvs warehouse isn't "brick and mortar"? It doesn't get much more brick and mortar than cvs. It's looking more and more like you guys fabricated the we can't get our maintenance medications from a pharmacy line.
Okay.... first I'd like to say, it wasn't fabricated, it was written here in a poorly worded explanation:
https://myteamcare.org/ups/newMembers/c6_Prescription.html
"For maintenance medications, you have the choice of either using a CVS Retail Pharmacy or CVS Caremark Mail Service. After the 2nd fill of a maintenance medication at a retail pharmacy, your co-payment will increase to 50% of the cost of the medication."

However, you put doubt in my mind so I just asked.
This answer was given to me with them knowing I'm a member new to teamcare, it may or may not be the same for you..... just get on there and ask them for yourself.
https://myteamcare.org/ups/ask_TeamCare.html

Thank you for contacting MyTeamCare.

For Maintenance Medications the 50% increase after the 2nd refill applies to:
~Non-CVS Retail Pharmacies for 30 day maintenance medication refills
~Non 90 day maintenance prescription refills at a CVS/ CareMark Pharmacies

You are able to pick up your 90 day supply Maintenance Medications from ANY CVS Pharmacy or CVS CareMark Mail Order and you will NOT be charged the 50% increase. (generics must be used if available)

Additional detailed information will be provided in upcoming mailings and available on the website. Please don't hesitate to visit our website at: https://myteamcare.org/

Thank you for contacting My TeamCare about your questions and/or concerns. If you have any addition questions and/or concerns don't hesitate to contact us via email or by phone at: 800-323-5000.

Last edited:

kingOFchester

Does it really even matter anymore? How long before there are changes? How long do you expect some Teamsters remain happy for 2nd rate benefits while new Teamcare teamsters get better benefits?

In the end, we will get what they give us and except it for what it is.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I have to ask...was this an issue for you before? Were you on here ramping up a storm about other areas having better bene's than where you are before the negotiations? Because if you weren't, you're sounding awfully childish right now. Just this side of a tantrum. I can see where you're coming from, but if it is just the way it was before, it's hardly different now. Why burn the calories caring now?

av8torntn

Okay.... first I'd like to say, it wasn't fabricated, it was written here in a poorly worded explanation:
https://myteamcare.org/ups/newMembers/c6_Prescription.html
"For maintenance medications, you have the choice of either using a CVS Retail Pharmacy or CVS Caremark Mail Service. After the 2nd fill of a maintenance medication at a retail pharmacy, your co-payment will increase to 50% of the cost of the medication."

However, you put doubt in my mind so I just asked.
This answer was given to me with them knowing I'm a member new to teamcare, it may or may not be the same for you..... just get on there and ask them for yourself.
https://myteamcare.org/ups/ask_TeamCare.html

Thank you for contacting MyTeamCare.

For Maintenance Medications the 50% increase after the 2nd refill applies to:
~Non-CVS Retail Pharmacies for 30 day maintenance medication refills
~Non 90 day maintenance prescription refills at a CVS/ CareMark Pharmacies

You are able to pick up your 90 day supply Maintenance Medications from ANY CVS Pharmacy or CVS CareMark Mail Order and you will NOT be charged the 50% increase. (generics must be used if available)

Additional detailed information will be provided in upcoming mailings and available on the website. Please don't hesitate to visit our website at: https://myteamcare.org/

Thank you for contacting My TeamCare about your questions and/or concerns. If you have any addition questions and/or concerns don't hesitate to contact us via email or by phone at: 800-323-5000.

Thanks

If I would have read the link earlier it would have save three days of back and forth. It just seems like you were trying to read something into it that was not there. I haven't posted on the forum in a bit and I forget that trying to get a simple answer here is not really something that can be done.

kingOFchester

I have to ask...was this an issue for you before? Were you on here ramping up a storm about other areas having better bene's than where you are before the negotiations? Because if you weren't, you're sounding awfully childish right now. Just this side of a tantrum. I can see where you're coming from, but if it is just the way it was before, it's hardly different now. Why burn the calories caring now?

Some were under a company plan, some were under a union plan. I was under the impression this was because locals negotiated their terms for healthcare. Even tho it doesn't seem right, it seemed this was negotiated between local and UPS.

What we have now is everyone under a union plan where locals negotiated better benefits with the national. I have no issues with locals getting something more form UPS, but for us to get more from the national when we are all under the same plan with UPS paying the exact same amount in for every person just doesn't sit right.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
I didn't take the time to read every post here but I am just wondering what does it matter how much CVS charges retail if your mail order maintenance drugs will be free and the most you will ever pay out of pocket at a brick and mortar pharmacy is $5? I may be mis informed but all the info I have gotten says that.

av8torntn

I didn't take the time to read every post here but I am just wondering what does it matter how much CVS charges retail if your mail order maintenance drugs will be free and the most you will ever pay out of pocket at a brick and mortar pharmacy is $5? I may be mis informed but all the info I have gotten says that.

By what's posted on here and the teamcare site that's incorrect.

BrownBrokeDown

I hate to break it to you but it's not how it's done currently. In central states we have a choice. We can get it by mail from cvs or we can go to cvs in person and get it from the pharmacist.

I see see no positives in giving up the pharmacist. I can get medicine by mail from the VA and I assure you that nothing about that is convenient or positive.

You misread my post, or I wasn't sufficiently clear. 99% of corporate america either has moved or is moving to mailorder for maintenance medications. It saves the insurance company money, and it saves the corperation money. I'm in the southern region (don't know if it is different in the CS) and on the UPS insurance currently, but for my son's maintanence medication, we do have to do mail order. Been doing it for 2 years, and no issues.

RealPerson

Because what is listed as INFO on the sites is not explained as well as what the calls have told us.
I don't believe anywhere does it say that you can get a 90 day refill at a Store for $5 on maintenance meds.

They did say on a couple of the Teamcare calls, and some teamcare workers have stated this to be true, as long as the pharmacy is part of the CVS network.

It could be in writing somewhere now, been about a month since I looked. Till then, just have to Trust I guess...