D.O.K study sheet

Discussion in 'Introductions and Welcomes' started by brownboy707, Aug 10, 2014.

1. brownboy707

brownboy707 Member

Hello, there is a recent opening in my area that I am interested in but I am aware of the dok memorization..ive been googling and searching through brown cafe endlessly and still have not found the sheet I will have to memorize.could anyone please post and share so I have a better chance at A'cing it before being sent to training and school. Thanks!

2. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

Ask Monday when you go in. All the driver supes should be able to give you a copy.

3. brownboy707

brownboy707 Member

I was hoping to take a look at it and start memorizing before I even apply..its just the way I am.being prepared makes me feel confident.plus the xtra study time wont hurt

4. gman042

gman042 Been around the block a few times

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1407720159.081564.jpgImageUploadedByBrownCafe1407720200.029795.jpgImageUploadedByBrownCafe1407720242.547494.jpgImageUploadedByBrownCafe1407720277.829830.jpg

Sent using BrownCafe App

5. brownboy707

brownboy707 Member

Thank you sir.MUCH APPRECiATED!! Are these the only sheets I will be tested on?

6. brownboy707

brownboy707 Member

As a package delivery driver**

7. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Drivers also need to know hazmat and hub lock out procedures.

8. And we deliver packages,too!

9. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Wrong! Parcels, not packages!

10. Wrong....Its more like frieght!

11. brownboy707

brownboy707 Member

Are the key phrases also to be memorized? Seems a lil silly..so far ive memorized the 5 space and visibility rules..also the how and whats below it..is it necessary to recite word by word or can u explain in your own words with the same meaning? Thanks again

12. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Yes, you need to know the key phrases as well. Whether you need to know them verbatim or if the key points suffice is up to whomever is auditing you. Your best bet is to be over prepared and commit them to memory.

The ironic part is that while you need to know them to become a driver they are not a condition of your employment.

Resident know-it-all.

13. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Screenshot_2014-08-11-19-36-36.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. Do your best.
    To try to memorize it.

Learn one section well,then move on to the next.

15. brownboy707

brownboy707 Member

I used to work for fedex.they had us name every part of the vehicle. Is Ups the same?

16. UpstateNYUPSer

No, we don't have to name every part of the vehicle.

Resident know-it-all.

17. ZQXC

ZQXC Guest

Yes; I call my mirrors Bert and Ernie

18. brownboy707

brownboy707 Member

I was told by a driver he only had to recite the 10 point commentary and 5 rules of space n visibility? I suppose it all depends on which station you're in

19. UpstateNYUPSer

You don't want to under prepare.

Resident know-it-all.

20. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

Someone should tell our management staff, they always tell us it's a condition of employment and could lead to discipline..."up to and including termination".